Thread: UK Burstnet

UK Burstnet

Hi

Has anyone got any experience with Burstnet in the UK (Manchester)

They have some of the cheapest rack space I have seen.. just wondered if it was too good to be true...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abtme View Post
    Hi

Has anyone got any experience with Burstnet in the UK (Manchester)

They have some of the cheapest rack space I have seen.. just wondered if it was too good to be true...

Thanks
    Our offerings are legit.
    We have been in business 20 years, and are one of the oldest and largest US-based hosts in the industry. We expanded to the UK in Sept 2010. We are about as safe a bet as you can make in this industry to select a company that will be around for the long haul
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Yep Burst is legit, you will get what you pay for with the prices but you cannot expect it to stack up against a high end premier provider.

They are a "budget" company as they've always said, you will be happy with what you get.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Hi

Forgive me, but i wasnt calling into question the legitamcy of your offer/ company, more I wanted to know:

1, like at 3am if you put a ticket in, will it get actioned in a reasonable time frame.
    2, Remote hands allocation / charges

These things are important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    Yep Burst is legit, you will get what you pay for with the prices but you cannot expect it to stack up against a high end premier provider.

In the UK, we do not own the facility, and utilize a well-known high-end provider for our colocation source. We also have a multi-10G network thru and thru in the UK, which right from the start was instantly larger and more powerful than most of the networks we researched, which were mostly running at 1G links still. Our setup in the UK will rival just about any other hosting specific competitor, both on facility and network.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

And there you have it folks, another reason to checkout burst.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Quote Originally Posted by abtme View Post
    Hi

Forgive me, but i wasnt calling into question the legitamcy of your offer/ company, more I wanted to know:

1, like at 3am if you put a ticket in, will it get actioned in a reasonable time frame.
    2, Remote hands allocation / charges

These things are important to me.

1. Our global staff responds to our ticket system, and we do have 24/7 staff. Our UK staff is not present onsite 24/7, but we have staff only 5 minutes away from the data center in off hours, which are on call 24/7, and the data center staff itself is available 24/7 to us if need be as well...

2. As with the US services, we do not "nickle & dime" our clients, and do most basic tasks for free, including hard drive swamps, reboots, FSCK, RAM addition, racking, etc...We only charge if something takes an unreasonable amount of time, like maybe swapping out a whole motherboard, working on data recovery tasks, etc..

Hi

@Burstnet - thanks

This is the information I needed to know, afterall I didnt want to sign up for a year contract and then only to find my self getting charged... maybe you should update your site to reflect these Questions and answers..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    In the UK, we do not own the facility, and utilize a well-known high-end provider for our colocation source. We also have a multi-10G network thru and thru in the UK, which right from the start was instantly larger and more powerful than most of the networks we researched, which were mostly running at 1G links still. Our setup in the UK will rival just about any other hosting specific competitor, both on facility and network.
    What facility are you using in Manchester?
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    ...and do most basic tasks for free, including hard drive swamps, ...
    Is that what that is in the back of the building? I caught myself a 10 pound Hitachi the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Is that what that is in the back of the building? I caught myself a 10 pound Hitachi the other day...
    This is the most amusing thing I have ever got read from Burst. Haha!