Ubersmith is a software development shop with a well-established product, servicing the web hosting industry. We are currently looking for a Linux Support Tech for our Troy office.
Who are you?
* 2-5 years experience as a Linux Administrator
* Great interpersonal skills -- we deal with people AND technology
* Experience configuring and managing Apache, MySQL, and Various Linux Subsystems
* DNS and networking fundamentals including diagnostics with Unix tools
* Solid attention to detail and follow through
What else would be helpful?
* Previous experience as a Linux Administrator in large machine clusters preferred
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef
* Experience developing/debugging web applications
* Good sense of humor a plus
What do you get?
* Fully covered Medical & Dental insurance.
* 401(k) w/ company match.
* 2 weeks vacation.
* $25/week company provided lunch.
* Cell phone for professional & personal use.
What's the catch?
Please send us a letter letting us know exactly why you think you would be a good fit for Ubersmith to hr at ubersmith dot com. Please address all applications to Boo Van Alstyne, VP of Support. We look forward to hearing from you.
Unfortunately no. This is an 'in person' position in our Troy, NY office.
Ubersmith Datacenter Edition
Complete Billing and Facilities Management for Enterprise Hosts Now featuring fully integrated Bandwidth Billing, Remote Rebooter Support and IP Management http://www.ubersmith.com