your average ticket response times

hello all,
    i'm working on getting my company started and i plan on having 30 min response times and a max of 1 hour resolution (excluding very bad stuff) but i was just wondering what you guys have on your response times.. just wondering and bored.. 2 am here and can sleep 0.0
    [] Next Door Web Hosting
    [][] Coming Soon
    [][][] Christopher Pollock

30 minutes - 1 hour for the response time (weekdays). It also depends on how difficult to solve the issue/problem.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

depending on the ticket and the time,

if the ticket are place during the business hours - 2-30min

Just curious, what would you do guys when your main internet connection downs (let's say more than 1-2 hours), and you couldn't get to the ticket system to reply any of your customers tickets?
    Do you have any internet connection backup, just in case the main one drops?
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Most people have more than one person working on the support staff (it's difficult, but not impossible for one person to handle support 24/7), hopefully on a different connection. There is also the ability to access the tickets via your smart phone, which would also have a completely different Internet connection.

Hello,

If it is 24 * 7 support, an initial response of 15 minutes can be fixed. Resolution depends on the seriousness of the issue. For an IP block, I thinks the issue can be resolved quickly without an initial and can update the client.

Most important thing is that you should be able to fulfill what you offers to clients. Good Luck !
    Last edited by cptechie; 05-30-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Typo
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

There is also the ability to access the tickets via your smart phone, which would also have a completely different Internet connection.
    Yeah I do agree with that. I myself have internet connection backup using 3G USB modem (both GSM and CDMA/EVDO), so just in case the main internet connection downs, I still have 2 other backup connections (GSM and CDMA/EVDO).

lol i really havent considered what would happen if my internet went down guess its time to get a new blackberry... 5 AM
    [] Next Door Web Hosting
    [][] Coming Soon
    [][][] Christopher Pollock

Our Support team has a strict 10 minute response requirement every time a client says something, 24/7. Resolution time always varies, but we shoot for under an hour.

Our Sales and Accounting departments on the other hand have a 1-3 hour response time and are open M-F 6AM to 10PM CST.

Hope this information helps.
    Kris Anderson - Limestone Networks - Director of Business Development
    Dedicated, Enterprise & Cloud Hosting - Premium Network - Passionate Support
    DDoS Protection Available - Resell Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555

According to a neat module in WHMCS:
    Your average response time is: 0 Day(s) 0 Hour(s) 24 Minute(s) and 42 Second(s)
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Quote Originally Posted by agustan View Post
    Do you have any internet connection backup, just in case the main one drops?
    Correct
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Could you please share the name of the module?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    According to a neat module in WHMCS:
    Your average response time is: 0 Day(s) 0 Hour(s) 24 Minute(s) and 42 Second(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffzalupa View Post
    Could you please share the name of the module?
    Sure, http://www.whmcs.com/members/communi...viewmod&id=209
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Our support queue doesn't see a ton of action, just a handful of daily tickets.

Our initial response time to a new ticket is often within minutes. This is to update the client and let them know that we've received their request and are looking into the issue. Depending on the situation, we'll usually have another update for them in a matter of 30-60 minutes, otherwise we'll update them at that time and let them know how long we believe it will be until a resolution to their request can be completed.

That WHMCS module looks great, I was wanting to get something custom coded that would also allow us to display our support time stats on our website as a marketing feature. A widget or box that displays, "This weeks support stats" with the information being displayed in averages. Something that would show:

Support Queue Load (X-XX tickets in queue = low xx-xxx tickets = medium xxx-xxxx = high)
    Average weekly response
    Average weekly resolution
    etc
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

We try to respond to tickets in under 30 minutes.

We tend to get replies via instant as they come in, but average less than 15 mins here.
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL

1-15 min in business hours, after hours could be 1 hour.
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

normally tiscket respond willbe 30 minutes...that can show good support

Initial response time is absolutely the most critical of the two. Sometimes the problem can be fixed before the technician even replies then other issues are impossible for us to control such as propagation times and a registrar releasing a domain for transfer. In these cases it is very important to explain to the client why an issue is going to take some time to be resolved. Most experienced clients know these things already and even the new one won't mind a wait that is beyond your control if you'll only take the time to explain.

This issue is close to my business core as it's the second part of our slogan. "Fast Servers and Fast Friendly Support"
    Shared and Reseller hosting on high speed uncrowded servers at Glitter Hosting Services - Super server leasing deals, VPS, High End Reseller accounts at OverVolt.com and Glitter Hosting VPS.

What I feel is that tickets should be handled within more or less 15 minutes for an initial response. That's something which is quite cruicial towards the impression given to your customers about your company.

Small problems should be resolved rather quickly and bigger problems will take some time more. But typically it should be done within more or less about 30-45 minutes.

There's not much excuse if you don't really reply and etc. The worst support I got from any provider is about 3-5 hours for an initial response and then about 3-5 days for resolution. The reason they gave was because they are a budget company and thus the reply tends to be slower than most better companies and etc. Oh well... I do agree they are cheap but to get a respond 3-5 hours later is kinda a long wait.

Can't really tell you what your response time might be but the best would ideally be less than 15 minutes initially and 30-45 minutes to get stuff resolved.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Thanks for the link, this will be very useful. I was thinking about writing it myself, one Google search less I guess

We offer a guaranteed support response time within 20 minutes. Most support ticket response times are between 10-20 minutes. Sales tickets are usually dealt within 1 hour as support tickets are prioritised.

We try to respond as fast as we can usually under 5-10 minutes. 99.9% tickets gets closed under 15 minutes.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

30 minutes for the response time and usually reply to make escalation the problem
    JETDINO.COM | Reliable Hosting