Thread: hostgator

hostgator

Hi i am wondering what peoples expereince has been like with signing up with Host Gators windows shared hosting accounts as it tooked my account almost 7 hours to setup and that was because it was setup by hand.

Also do they normally reply to a simple support ticket within 9 hours as i open one and almost 9 hours later ive not had a reply

That is a too long a duration to be tolerated from a decent hosting company
    hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!

Quote Originally Posted by unitedco View Post

Also do they normally reply to a simple support ticket within 9 hours as i open one and almost 9 hours later ive not had a reply
    Also, dont forget that its a holiday weekend, so they might be a little short handed. But as long as it doesn't continually exceed 24 hours without a response, I would not be concerned.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

i know its a week but 9 hours for a reply to see how long it will take to setup the account and get back to me is really no excuses

i know its a week but 9 hours for a reply to see how long it will take to setup the account and get back to me is really no excuses
    Well they are a pretty big company something like 1,500,000 domains hosted? If they are not giving you a good first impression, then perhaps look for another host, maybe one that is not as big? Although, I'm not 100% sure that will solve your problem as most companies do not have their sales departments available 24x7.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics

its nothing about the sales after talking to their billing department 4 hours after i signed up as i was told i would get the welcome information within 4 hours, after talking to them i was told to leave it a two hours max if i had not heard them give them a call and they will look into for me.

After awaiting two hours i contacted them via live chat and they looked into it and it was a bud in the system that stopped it from creating the account as it should of so they created my account by hand and opened a support ticket with my login information for Plesk.

of course i waited to see if i would get a reply without any luck so had to contact them to get complaint looked into for the amount of time for the account to be setup even tho their website says its an instant account setup.

I know every company can be bussy some times with support but not to reply to a ticket to say they are looking into the issue is ok for you?

its nothing about the sales after talking to their billing department 4 hours after i signed up as i was told i would get the welcome information within 4 hours, after talking to them i was told to leave it a two hours max if i had not heard them give them a call and they will look into for me.

After awaiting two hours i contacted them via live chat and they looked into it and it was a bud in the system that stopped it from creating the account as it should of so they created my account by hand and opened a support ticket with my login information for Plesk.

of course i waited to see if i would get a reply without any luck so had to contact them to get complaint looked into for the amount of time for the account to be setup even tho their website says its an instant account setup.

I know every company can be bussy some times with support but not to reply to a ticket to say they are looking into the issue is ok for you?
    So its been 9 hours and you still have not received your account information after they had told you that you would have it within 2?

I had my tickets replied/answered by HostGator in the next 8-9 hours or so (can't remember the exact time). But when I tried their Live Chat, the problem could be solved/handled in timely manner.
    So after then, for urgent issues and fast response I would go to their Live Chat instead of send ticket (only for normal issue maybe).

By the way, what holiday today (on weekend) in the U.S ? Well, if it's a holiday, I think it's okay if there's any delay to answer/reply to your ticket.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by agustan View Post
    By the way, what holiday today (on weekend) in the U.S ? Well, if it's a holiday, I think it's okay if there's any delay to answer/reply to your ticket.
    Its memorial day weekend, tomorrow (Monday) is technically the holiday here in the states.

Technical departments are supposed to be alive 24X7 inspite of holidays.

Automatic setup can fail, and as you desribe, it did in this case. I would not be too concerned about waiting 9 hours for an answer normally, but if they told you they would get back to you within two - that change the case completely. I have recently bought 2 domain names (other extensions for my main domain). Automatic payment and setup failed. I contacted support, and they where very friendly and activated the domains. But there went more than 9 hours before the first response came.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

@FernGullyGraphics : thanks for the info about the holiday

@Manjusha4serveradmin : I do agree with that. Technical Support dept. should be available 24x7 including on holidays.

@unitedco : what's the latest update now? any reply to your ticket yet?
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    Technical departments are supposed to be alive 24X7 inspite of holidays.
    But this is the billing department.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

im closing my account with them its a bad experience and signing up with a different company to keep our website of the network from our clients.

Quote Originally Posted by lakridserne View Post
    But this is the billing department.
    The ticket departments, including billing are expected to be 24X7, for reputed companies.

I guess you can speed them up through the sales chat.

I had bought accounts with them an year back . AT times their sales chat are confusing.

their billing department is 24 hours i belive

No experience with their windows hosting yet but I think since they just launched this service, there would be a lot to be improved. However it's worth of a try since the price is pretty low.

If you issue concerns the billing department, then you must be aware that some clarifications and possible account verification.
    If that was your first time of hosting with them, verification can even take up to 24hrs depending on what is being requested from you.

I know technical issues are being handled pretty fast, and even on live chat.
    █▌ Cheapest Shared Hosting Solutions with 17+ Server Locations.
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,OKPAY, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, STP.
    █▌ Web Hosting, Offshore Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting by HostNesta.com!

I have also a bad experience with hostgator, more than a month ago our client reported that their inbox contents where suddenly deleted. all of their messages were cleared there as if it was newly setup email account. so bad that they blames us for the loss of their messages. I wish I had remind them that they themselves choose that hosting site but they are the client afterall.

im still awaiting for replies back from them im just ordering a dedicated server in a different data centre a bit over the top but it works and i dont need await on a host to get back to us.

Hi unitedco,

Do you have a ticket number I can take a look at? I'm very sorry for the setup issues you've experienced. Our account creations are all automated so with it failing due to a bug that would explain the delay.

maxiborj your customer simply downloaded his mail by popping it. This has nothing to do with hostgator anyone that switches from imap to pop is going to have their mail disappear.

Hi a ticket number was DCQ-15405216

I see that your account has already been cancelled and refunded. Is there anything else I can do for you? Our windows offering has just launched and unfortunately the delay you experienced was due to an unexpected bug in the billing system for windows.

Our windows and linux offerings are two completely different offerings with, different support staff, pros, and cons.