Review of MyHosting.com

I signed up 3 months ago for a Windows VPS at Myhosting after not reading a single bad review on them.

Was that ever a mistake.

The support is terrible. They say there is a 10 minute ticket response time - but the only response I get within the 10 minutes is an automotive email saying that 'a support agent has been assigned'. It takes about 3 days for this agent to respond to you, and usually 2 weeks for a problem to be resolved.

The support is absolutely the worst. It is after all outsourced (even though Myhosting claims they are all Toronto based). The data centers are located in Toronto, the company Softcom which owns Myhosting is located in Toronto, but Myhosting support isn't.

When I first registered, I was told that I will have MS SQL support with Plesk. Great! I signed up, and I could not find MS SQL. I called them up, and they said I need to purchase Plesk with the Power Pack to access MS SQL - which should of already been on my server since they clearly said "supports Microsoft SQL".

Anyways, to compensate the extra $10 I needed to spend a month, I asked them to downgrade my Plesk package from 100 domains to 10. They said sure, so I bought Plesk with the Power pack for MS SQL support, and then they sent me an email saying I actually can't downgrade Plesk to 10 domains.

Now don't forget how slow their support is... this whole ordeal took about 2 weeks and it wasn't even resolved. So I'm now on the most expensive server I've ever owned, with support which aggravates me, and with a server which loads so slow.

How slow is my windows VPS with myHosting?

To load my temporary domain which contains one line of code (phpInfo()) www.titanium5.com takes 13.29 seconds to load. You can see the test here: http://www.vertain.com/m.q?req=cstr&reqid=dAtDDrv9

That's ridiculous. An actual .net application takes about 2 minutes to load.

Compared to my server with Carat Networks (which I'm paying about half the price), I have a full blown database driven website which takes 2.26 sec to load.

If I didn't prepay for 6 months in advanced, I would be long gone.

It's always recommended to sign up for a month at first. Hopefully your next host will be better.

Wow, your phpinfo page on your temp domain really is sloooooow. For a second there, I thought it wasn't going to load at all.

I'd hate to see what viewing WordPress, Drupal or something similar with a database backend would be like.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

Quote Originally Posted by HostMantis View Post
    Wow, your phpinfo page on your temp domain really is sloooooow. For a second there, I thought it wasn't going to load at all.

I'd hate to see what viewing WordPress, Drupal or something similar with a database backend would be like.
    Exactly. And I now have to wait 2 weeks before I can find out whats wrong.

Don't ever use Myhosting.

Hi itziklevy,

I am an employee at myhosting.com and I came across your post. I looked into your issue and I updated your PHP configuration to use FastCGI instead. If you test your phpinfo script you should see that it loads much faster.

As for the support issues, most support emails are answered by a live agent in under 1 hour. If you are looking to speak to an agent directly you can call our support line at anytime.

I also would like to point out that your VPS is at the minimum requirements for a Windows VPS hosting Plesk. If you plan to host multiple sites, you may need to upgrade the RAM on your VPS to accommodate the traffic to all your sites. I see you already have multiple domains setup on the server.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Our support team is more than happy to help and can be reached at the phone numbers provided in the link above, or you can email them at support@myhosting.com.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.

[QUOTE=ChrisaSoftcom;7486699]Hi itziklevy,

I am an employee at myhosting.com and I came across your post. I looked into your issue and I updated your PHP configuration to use FastCGI instead. If you test your phpinfo script you should see that it loads much faster.

As for the support issues, most support emails are answered by a live agent in under 1 hour. If you are looking to speak to an agent directly you can call our support line at anytime.

I also would like to point out that your VPS is at the minimum requirements for a Windows VPS hosting Plesk. If you plan to host multiple sites, you may need to upgrade the RAM on your VPS to accommodate the traffic to all your sites. I see you already have multiple domains setup on the server.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Our support team is more than happy to help and can be reached at the phone numbers provided in the link above, or you can email them at support@myhosting.com.

Hi Chris.

I never get a response from a support agent. Actually, if you take a look at ticket # CRY-834183 which I posted almost 8 days ago, the only response I received was 7 days ago which was "The websites seems to be loading fine at the moment. Could you please tell me which website you are having the issue with if the issue still continues?".

As members here have even said, the pages aren't loading normally. I responses to you almost instantly, and for 7 days I received no response.

If you look at my logs, I called you every day for the last 4 days. Each time, the tech support said that they have escalated my ticket. How many times can they escalate a ticket? And it still hasn't gotten any response.

The phone support said they thought it was a memory leak, so 3 days ago they started monitoring my account to find the problem. I called you yesterday, and you told me "the logs mysteriously disappeared" <- your words, not mine.

I asked to have my account moved over to a new server, and phone support said they would do it 2 days ago. Still hasn't been done.

Chris, I still have over 512mb of ram available... sorry, that's no excuse.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.

I will look into the issue some more. If you test you site now, you should see that your phpinfo page loads instantly now that it is changed to FastCGI mode. As for the Ram upgrade suggestion, that was more of a notice that you may need more in the future as you are running at the bare minimum.

I will get back to you with more details as soon as I can.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisaSoftcom View Post
    I will look into the issue some more. If you test you site now, you should see that your phpinfo page loads instantly now that it is changed to FastCGI mode. As for the Ram upgrade suggestion, that was more of a notice that you may need more in the future as you are running at the bare minimum.

I will get back to you with more details as soon as I can.

Chris, apparently many MyHosting support agents are looking into it, but nothing is happening.

My ticket which is opened and priority which is set to high still has't gotten a response in 7 days.

Besides the automatic email, I have never received a response within the first 24 hours - and now 7 days.

I do appreciate your help, and I hope we can get it solved.

I also have a VPS account at MyHosting.com and cant help but notice how slow it loads sometimes. And I have quite a bit of resources at that. I am pretty sure I have LAMP optimized and using FastCGI.

WindowsCommunityForum.com

Hi itziklevy,

I see that one of our team leads has been dealing with you directly over the past day. I will leave it between you two for now. If something comes up in the future that you feel you need additional help with, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonit3 View Post
    I also have a VPS account at MyHosting.com and cant help but notice how slow it loads sometimes. And I have quite a bit of resources at that. I am pretty sure I have LAMP optimized and using FastCGI.

WindowsCommunityForum.com
    Kryptonit3, I do suggest that you go through regular support channels to have your issue resolved. Our support team is available 24/7 and you will receive a quicker response from them as opposed to one from myself. If you have any specific needs I am more than happy to help, but I think at this time, you are better off to contact our support team; support@myhosting.com