Question Small Xen VPS provider?

With all of the extremely low VPS prices these days I'm in search for a small Xen VPS and hope somebody might know of one.

Any providers out there that sell 64-128MB Xen VPSs for ~$4/month? Bandwidth and disk space are not a big deal (maybe 1GB of traffic a month max and no more than 1GB of disk space if an Arch Linux template is available). Oh, and the data center must be located in the US (preferably anywhere except LimestoneNetwork's data center but not a deal breaker).

I will only be running SSH, DenyHosts, and a custom shell script that will write to a remote database.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

prgmr maybe?

You might want to check out lowendbox.com
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by KmacK View Post
    You might want to check out lowendbox.com
    I visit there daily and grab up a lot of their deals there. I see a lot of 256-512MB Xen VPSs for $5-$6 but that's overkill for me and I'm hoping to save a few bucks by dropping down to what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    prgmr maybe?
    Exactly what I'm looking for! But this is what I'm seeing:
    we're way behind; I'm disabling orders until we catch up.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Dallas Colo4 data center. $6 128MB RAM Xen.

http://aperturehost.com/services/vir...erver-hosting/
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
    I visit there daily and grab up a lot of their deals there. I see a lot of 256-512MB Xen VPSs for $5-$6 but that's overkill for me and I'm hoping to save a few bucks by dropping down to what I need.

Exactly what I'm looking for! But this is what I'm seeing:
    Have you tried contact the host and see if they can do a small, custom VPS plan for you? Majority of the host would do this for you without issue. Just a thought...
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Quote Originally Posted by quad3datwork View Post
    Have you tried contact the host and see if they can do a small, custom VPS plan for you? Majority of the host would do this for you without issue. Just a thought...
    I've considered that but I thought for such a small plan most VPS companies wouldn't bother wasting their time with me.

I've considered that but I thought for such a small plan most VPS companies wouldn't bother wasting their time with me.
    Well, I don't blame you. But don't always assume...

"you never know until you try."
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Well now it seems all of my OpenVZ VPSs are dead for the next 8+ hours so I've got nothing but time on my hands to start contacting hosts.

$5-6 is overkill, but $4 is fine? What does the extra $2 get you

At a certain point, the price charged is less about the resources you're using and more about the overhead of having yet another customer / account to service.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Well it looked bad at first (2 rejections and 1 "we'll get back to you") but I did get a reply from LoveVPS and they've created a custom 128MB Xen VPS plan for me that suits my needs perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    $5-6 is overkill, but $4 is fine? What does the extra $2 get you

At a certain point, the price charged is less about the resources you're using and more about the overhead of having yet another customer / account to service.
    Cost isn't an issue, in fact, I am paying a lot more than the clients paying the normal price. I completely understand the cost per client isn't about resources but luckily, I consider myself an "easy client" when it comes to support (compared to the clients I've had at least).

The whole point of getting smaller VPSs for as cheap as possible is so I can buy a bunch of them once my project is ready to go live. Four 128MB VPSs is much better than one 512MB VPS for my project. Assuming I'm paying $3 for each 128MB VPS (if somebody can offer me this kind of pricing that would be killer ) and the normal cost of a 512MB VPS is $7, then I'd be paying $12 for every 512MB of RAM versus the normal $7.

Make sense?

You'd be surprised, and what are you out? Nothing more then your time to ask a question.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    You'd be surprised, and what are you out? Nothing more then your time to ask a question.
    You're completely right, some hosts made it hard to contact them without signing up for an account but others made it simple (almost like they wanted to make a sale ). It was much easier than shopping around also (although my options were limited to the only one that accepted my request but it's all good).

Hi,

check out lowendbox.com there are many out there who will offer you one you are searching for.
    KVM VPS controlled with Proxmox VE
    Cheap vps in Germany, near Frankfurt/Main
    SysCentral.de | http://en.syscentral.de/

Quote Originally Posted by SysCentral View Post
    Hi,

check out lowendbox.com there are many out there who will offer you one you are searching for.
    Thanks KmacK.

club uptime seems good for xen

Was in the same shoe as you a while ago, ended up found up2vps provides a custom plan and I think Inception is offering a micro plan as well if you do not mind NL (EU) for now. Both should fit your budget. OR if you want to raise your budget a little, Quickweb have a decent micro Xen plan as well.
    With all of the extremely low VPS prices these days I'm in search for a small Xen VPS and hope somebody might know of one.

Any providers out there that sell 64-128MB Xen VPSs for ~$4/month? Bandwidth and disk space are not a big deal (maybe 1GB of traffic a month max and no more than 1GB of disk space if an Arch Linux template is available). Oh, and the data center must be located in the US (preferably anywhere except LimestoneNetwork's data center but not a deal breaker).

I will only be running SSH, DenyHosts, and a custom shell script that will write to a remote database.

Up2VPS looks nice but they are out of stock on all of the Xen VPS plans I was interested in. I might consider an EU host later but for now it's best if all my VPSs are in the US. I did look at QuickWeb but I used them in the past and wasn't very happy with them, also their prices are double what I'm willing to spend (plus for $10/mont I would stick with GigeNET's cloud).

Hmm interesting 64mb VPS servers! hehe and I thought 96 was taking it to far but was surprised to see so many orders when the 96 and 128 range were launched

I am probably safe to say this as the OP has clearly stated he wants USA which we do not offer but if someone were to ask us for a 64mb Xen VPS with 1GB of space for $4 it would be quite possible so I am sure many others would too.

Have you tried semoweb, Dustin is here often and seems to be a flexible guy
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

Don't under-estimated the power of 64MB.

I did get a reply from another host that offers 2 data centers so that's 2 more VPSs to my arsenal with 3 other possible hosts lined up.