amount of content on pages

From an SEO standpoint, would I be better off splitting an article into say 3 pages, or leave it as 1 long page.

I figured splitting it up would allow me to specify more specific tags for each page. If I do split into multiple pages, would the folliwing page naming be good or bad:

www.domain.com/description_part1.php
    www.domain.com/description_part2.php
    www.domain.com/description_part3.php
      0 Not allowed!

From an SEO standpoint, I think you'd be better off matching your page naming to the specific tags for each page.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

I would be better to have different pages. However, it is important to link between the pages both content wise and link wise. It will help to get the pages indexed soon.
      0 Not allowed!

you should go with some descriptive name.
      0 Not allowed!

You should use three pages if your article is long and also should use separate tags for each page. Using title-Part-I, title-Part-II and so on would be right decision.
      0 Not allowed!

If your article covers multiple topics and each topic justifies its own page then split it as it will allow you to be more focused on the keywords you use on each page. If the article only really covers one topic leave it as one article... if your concious it is too long then look to streamline it. Remember, quality not quantity :-)
      0 Not allowed!

A rarely published fact, but one which has been proven in extensive testing on my own sites is:

Pages with 400-500 words are considered editorial. They talk about something that someone else knows, has done, researched etc. It can rank well, but takes a lot of work.

Pages with 700-100 words are considered expert or authority. They talk about something in detail, are the actual research. It takes much, much, much less effort to rank with a big page filled with content than a small page.

Don't believe me? Don't care... it's a fact.
      0 Not allowed!

i will write similar articles with different target keyword.
      0 Not allowed!

you can use it for different pages if article is to long. i will be more effective.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by n2zen View Post
    A rarely published fact, but one which has been proven in extensive testing on my own sites is:

Pages with 400-500 words are considered editorial. They talk about something that someone else knows, has done, researched etc. It can rank well, but takes a lot of work.

Pages with 700-100 words are considered expert or authority. They talk about something in detail, are the actual research. It takes much, much, much less effort to rank with a big page filled with content than a small page.

Don't believe me? Don't care... it's a fact.
    Interesting point. I will look into this. I have some pages that top results, some that are not. I will take a look at the length of these and see if your case applies to me as well.
      0 Not allowed!

u know people have no time for a lengthy essay type article so they always see the article which is small but informative...
    so in your article put the powerful and meaning full things which will be more and more attractive for the viewers and your bag rang also be increased by increasing the viewers
      0 Not allowed!

I would suggest you to use content on a page and optimize that page for specific keyword. If you are really considering it in splitting in parts then you must interlinked them very well.
      0 Not allowed!