Hdd server fail?

I have an issue with one of my BurstNet servers. 1 week ago the servers (apache ssh) stoped to work and I was unable to connect to the server (although the server responded to ping). The server came back after reboot/fdisk check
    Yesterday I had the same problem and again the server came back after reboot/fdisk

I checked the /var/log/messages and in both cases the last logs before the problem were:

May 19 15:41:14 b5 smartd[4133]: Device: /dev/sda, 8 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
    May 19 15:41:14 b5 smartd[4133]: Device: /dev/sda, 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors

May 24 05:44:58 b5 smartd[4567]: Device: /dev/sda, 10 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
    May 24 05:44:58 b5 smartd[4567]: Device: /dev/sda, 15 Offline uncorrectable sectors

I reported the problem by ticketing system and burstnet stuff replied that these are not critical errors

Today I have the same problem and burstnet replied that the OS is corrupt (a "Module is unknown" error message appear) and the OS must be reinstalled.

What can be the cause? Can be a HDD failure due to the above errors from the log messages?

You should insist on hardware replacement, if a hard drive is giving those errors, I wouldn't take any chance on the hard drive any longer. If Burstnet's hard drive had that error, you bet they would've replaced it instead of taking a chance that it might be the OS that is corrupt.

Hello,

It seems to be issue with HDD itself. Ask them to keep this failed drive as your secondary so that you can transfer your data to your new primary HDD easily.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !