Burst.net VPS Review - 1 Day

They had a bunch of my posts on here deleted.

Their credit card system couldn't handle a straightforward transaction.

I got a reply to a billing ticket within 30 minutes.

That's my 1 day experience. Overall, my discontent with the whole process has led me to look elsewhere.

A day is a bit short, don't you think? Why not wait and find out if things get better?
    Preetam Jinka

Isomerous - High performance web services for business and individuals.
    Bitcable Colocation, KVMs, cPanel hosting, Oracle expertise, and more.

Are you sure Burst had your posts deleted? Posts vanish from WHT all the time for all sorts of unknown reasons.

Likewise all sorts of things can cause trouble with credit card processing.

Have you got your VPS yet? 30 minutes is pretty fast for a billing ticket.

Yawns... Another burst related thread regarding nonsense issues.

Are you trolling Burst?

1 day is a very short time to share your experince. Stay with them for some days and after that share your experience.
    What kind of problems are you facing with CC? Are they overcharging or something else?
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

Are Burst generally considered reliable/good? I don't know what to make of these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by shoes View Post
    Are Burst generally considered reliable/good? I don't know what to make of these threads.
    I have a full rack + several servers with them and I can vouch for them. When I was looking them up I saw a few threads like this but they're almost all misunderstandings rather than actual failures on Burst's part. I think you'll be happy with Burst.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyjosh5 View Post
    They had a bunch of my posts on here deleted.
    Any evidence of this? Generally unless you're violating some rule here on WHT, WHT doesn't remove any posts or threads.

Their credit card system couldn't handle a straightforward transaction.
    You sure about that? I wouldn't doubt at their price point that they don't do hundreds or thousands of transactions per day - I think not being able to handle a CC payment would be a large issue that they would resolve quickly.

I got a reply to a billing ticket within 30 minutes.
    That's not bad.

That's my 1 day experience. Overall, my discontent with the whole process has led me to look elsewhere.
    So, they had issues processing your card (which is more likely related to an address mis-match or an issue at your bank/card issuer) and you're upset and it's only been one day?

I hope you're not this hard on every provider you try.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I agree with all! OP, burst has had great reviews on WHT and else where on the web. I also as a provider understand that things do break and it is always during the busiest time possible. if they have delivered the VPS in a timely Manet and have gotten the issues resolved then I would at least give them a little time. after all you did choose them from thousands of providers.

even the dig dogs stumble sometimes! I would hold out for a little longer and see what happens. worst case I am sure they have a trial period.
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Any evidence of this? Generally unless you're violating some rule here on WHT, WHT doesn't remove any posts or threads.
    I have no association or dissociation with Burst, never used them, but just recently only I saw a 2-3 page complaint thread about them going missing all of a sudden for no reasons I could understand.

May be they have a secret admirer in WHT Mods

Quote Originally Posted by techmanu View Post
    I have no association or dissociation with Burst, never used them, but just recently only I saw a 2-3 page complaint thread about them going missing all of a sudden for no reasons I could understand.

May be they have a secret admirer in WHT Mods
    No idea, I've used burst and posted my thoughts on that a few times and never had any of my posts pulled.

I have few vps on Burst.Net. Did not face any issue with them.
    HostPair LLC - Providing Reliable Web Hosting - Since 2009 | Authorized cPanel Partner
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Premium Xen VPS | Windows VPS | Dedicated Server

Fast Support | 99.9% Uptime | 30 days Moneyback Guarantee!
    WHMCS Integration Service - Get your site integrated today!

Yes. Here:

Here's the message from them requesting I have it deleted

...then, after receiving this message, I go check my post about their passwords being vulnerable, and it's already gone. I don't know who else would have reported an otherwise innocuous post? Worse, the WHT mods actually deleted it, per their request!

Here was my reply to them, once I realized this

I posted again and, in it, noted that my first post got deleted. Got deleted a second time.

WHT mods bend to hosting providers' requests to remove content. I'm not too keen on being censored, but that's just me.

You sure about that? I wouldn't doubt at their price point that they don't do hundreds or thousands of transactions per day - I think not being able to handle a CC payment would be a large issue that they would resolve quickly.
    Strike 2 was having a crappy CC processing system.

I put my CC in, they rejected it for whatever reason. On average, I use this card 1-500x a week. I know how to use my CC. I filed a ticket, it took 30 minutes to get a reply - not bad - and then they asked for my invoice number. For some reason they needed me to give them my invoice number (odd)... so I suppose we could assume it would have taken another 30 minutes to get it fixed.

It's just frustrating I couldn't plug in my credit card, like the hundreds of other times I have on other sites, and have it work, no?

So, they had issues processing your card (which is more likely related to an address mis-match or an issue at your bank/card issuer)
    I double checked my address after the transaction. It was entered correctly.

All of this said, I'd rather just have a VPS host who doesn't push to censor me on WHT and can competently process my CC. That's not asking alot, that's just good business. God knows what they'd do if they disagreed with any content owned by me on THEIR OWN servers.

I'm just going elsewhere. Not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by krazyjosh5; 05-26-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Very interesting at the least. Is there more to come (like an update) or is this just a day in review?

Day in review. I'm done with them after that ordeal.

Day in review. I'm done with them after that ordeal.
    Ah, not even going to see how the VPS/service itself performs?

WHT BLOCKED MY IP NOW, TOO!!

I can access from work and my other VPS server but no longer at home (I'm posting via VPN now.)

You can believe my posts or not - I don't care - but, if these survive, know that I'm being completely honest, here. Burst.net gets posts deleted. WHT mods bend to them. Then, WHT mods ban my IP when I expose it.

What a piece of work, this WHT.

I don't know why they would block your IP when they could just silently disable your posting abilities... I mean ... Can you show some evidence?

I can access from work and my other VPS server but no longer at home (I'm posting via VPN now.)

You can believe my posts or not - I don't care - but, if these survive, know that I'm being completely honest, here. Burst.net gets posts deleted. WHT mods bend to them. Then, WHT mods ban my IP when I expose it.

If this is true:

WHT do not block ip.

You should submit a ticket at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ so that iNET can investigate.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I know you have this fantasy of a great WHT/Burst conspiracy with censorship and possibly a small cute dog in it but if you truly believe there is an issue, just open a ticket with the helpdesk.

For the record if you posted something that gave information on how to hack anyone's system it is possible that we would remove it as we have no intention of making it easier for hackers. This is not the forum to share "here is how you hack xyz..." That being said, I don't know what happened with your posts but open a ticket if you like and someone will look into it. Just give us some time to get to it. You would be surprised about the number of requests/questions/reports we get.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 05-27-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: NET beat me to it...

@net & @Coolraul - you're both probably fighting a losing battle. Once somebody believes there is a conspiracy going on there's likely nothing you can do to change their mind, especially if you're "one of the conspirators."

Best of luck to all involved, however.

I'm just going elsewhere. Not worth the hassle.
    I think that would be best, as at this point your true colors have shown, and we really would prefer you NOT to be a client of ours. Good luck to your next host...they are going to need it!

PS - If WHT removed a post, then it was against the rules here at WHT, not just because we asked them to, even if we may have notified them of such a post.
    If we wanted to play dirty, then we would have just bought WHT back when it was for sale years ago!. It was offered to us prior to EV1/Rackshack purchasing it, and we declined as we felt it would be a conflict of interest, and not good for the community to be owned by one hosting company. EV1/Rackshack learned that later on, and quickly sold it. We are good people here, contrary to the haters'/trolls' opinions...
    Last edited by HostJedi; 05-27-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    I think that would be best, as at this point your true colors have shown, and we really would prefer you NOT to be a client of ours. Good luck to your next host...they are going to need it!
    I notice so many of your posts are sarcastic, it makes me kind of nervous as a potential customer to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by shoes View Post
    I notice so many of your posts are sarcastic, it makes me kind of nervous as a potential customer to be honest.
    That would be because I am a no-nonsense, tell it like it is, straight up individual. Some may not like that, but most find it refreshing in these days of hidden faces online. Our personality may not be for everyone, but it is fine for enough people to have build us an extremely successful business over the past 20 years...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    If we wanted to play dirty, then we would have just bought WHT back when it was for sale years ago!. It was offered to us prior to EV1/Rackshack purchasing it, and we declined as we felt it would be a conflict of interest, and not good for the community to be owned by one hosting company. EV1/Rackshack learned that later on, and quickly sold it. We are good people here, contrary to the haters'/trolls' opinions...

Well, I started my first Burstnet vps (budget vps 512mb) located Scranton in the middle of last year. Tired of too many reboots in less than three months:
    last | grep -i reboot

I canceled my Scanton VPS and purchased its Los Angeles vps, less downtime/reboots this time (not more than six reboots if I remember correctly). Then I heard Burstnet opened another dc at Miami, I thought the hardware there might be fairly new so I canceled my L.A. vps and got my Miami vps. My vps @ Miami has been stable right now, only one reboot so far. That's all.......

Thanks for sticking with us, and we are glad you're happy. Not sure what happened with the Scranton VPS... do you happen to remember or still have the welcome letter with your VEID from that?