[For HIRE] -- Experienced Level-1/2 Linux support engineer with 3.9 Yrs of experience

I am a highly motivated and skilled system administrator who is currently looking for a new job opportunity. I am seeking a challenging position which will allow for growth and new experiences. Before I get into my skills, there are a few notes that should be read before contacting me.

Name : Mohsin.Kamal
    Qualification : BS Computer science (4 year degree course)
    TimeZone : GMT +5
    Contact me : [email protected]
    Experience : 3.9 years
    *I am looking for a full time job position.
    *I will be available to work in any shifts
    *I am looking for a remote sys admin job

To leverage my significant technical skills in a position as LINUX Administrator / Level 2 Tech. Support

Degree : BS - Computer Science (4 years )

Technical Skills
    Significant experience with the following languages, applications and frameworks:

Web Hosting Control Panels – cPanel* , InterWorx , Plesk , DirectAdmin , Webadmin
    Web Servers – Apache1.3.x, Apache2
    Networking - TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, DNS, ifconfig, netstat, HTTP
    Mail Server- Exim, Mailman, Qmail , Sendmail
    Backup - tar, scp, rsync , sftp , zip, gzip , CDP
    Security - SSH, SSL, IPtables, apf ,csf , vyatta firewall
    Databases - SQL, MySQL
    DNS – BIND (named)
    FTP - Pure-ftpd, Pro-ftpd
    Virtualization Tools – Virtuozzo, Xen , SolusVM , VMWare , OpenVZ

• A result oriented professional with 3.5+ years in Servers administration on Linux and Windows platform.
    • Working experience of a World renown Web Hosting company managing 4000+ servers running different flavors of Linux and web hosting control panels.
    • Performing day-to-day tasks which include servers’ configurations, hardening, Level 1& 2 issues resolutions, security implementation etc.
    • Extensive experience on different flavors of Linux and Windows.
    • Extensive experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux, Apache, Mail servers, security software and others along with providing technical assistance to Clients using Linux Platform and working on Web Host Management Tools (CPanel/WHM, InterWorx, Plesk and DirectAdmin)
    • Excellent written, communication, inter personal, liaison and problem solving skills with the ability to work in multi cultural environment.

Work Experience:

JaguarPC LLC , From Aug 2007-May 2011 as System Support Engineer Level I/II (Full Time)

At JaguarPC LLC, my key responsibilities were:

• To provide technical support in Level I & II and assisting customers with a variety of technical and problem questions.
    • To handle the abuse reports in abuse department.
    • Write knowledgebase articles for common problems and questions performing software modifications as required.
    • Interact with the company’s forums users to answer questions and provide guidance.
    • Use the company’s support ticket system to track and manage open issues.
    • Manage our department's system monitoring system which provides email notifications.
    • Write shell scripts to automate processes.
    • Kernel compilation /up gradation, security patches and hardening.
    • Build and configure test servers for Application Development.
    • Train less experienced team members.
    • Build and configure LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) servers.
    • Implement server security standards through iptables, apf and SSH.
    • Install and administer web servers and mail servers.
    • Upgrade servers in accordance with standard practices and guidelines.
    • Monitor network systems and notify appropriate technical support personnel of system problems.
    • Handle service alerts and DDOS attack and server monitoring in case of instability.

SEO Work Solutions , PK , From Aug 2007-To Aug 2008 as Assistant Manager IT (Part Time)

Worked as a Assistant Manager IT with SEO Work as part time employee (3 days / Week) , Software Solutions. During my stay at SEO Work, I learned management & technical skills , my key responsibilities were:

• To ensure maximum availability of computer systems throughout the Company.
    • Responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop applications, Local and / or Wide area networks, IT security and telecommunications.
    • Working with senior management to propose, agree and deliver IT service to defined Service Level Agreements.
    • To manage the IT department includes staff appraisals, disciplining, pay reviews and career development.
    • Responsible for IT hardware, software and maintenance procurement.
    • Performing day-to-day tasks which include servers’ configurations, hardening, Level 1& 2 issues resolutions, security implementation etc
    • Maintaining and troubleshooting Linux and Windows servers, Web servers, Mail servers, security soft wares, database servers, system administration of existing corporate infrastructure and deployment of clustered, high-availability Linux platforms for internal and customer use.

Time Frame:
    Available at any shift - UTC/GMT -6 hours

LINUX Administrator / Level I-II Tech. Support tasks (system hardening , performance tweaking, custom application configuration and compilation, etc.. ), HelpDesk Management.

I accept Wire Bank Transfer.
    Last edited by Mike V; 05-30-2011 at 02:21 AM. Reason: By request

Still open for HIRE !!!

Are you Still Available? I need InterWorx Support Admin. If available please reply me, so i can contact with you.

I need help configuring my Vyatta firewall/router. Can you help?