Old domain, how to transfer domain when seller closed down?

Hi, first things first this is my first post here, been looking around for awhile but decided to sign up for some help .

My .net domain seems to be locked, I bought my domain from vuzehosting (a terrible company) they seemed to buy their domains via orderbox. But as I try to transfer my domain the email sent to request domain change is received by no one as the company has shut down.

I cannot pay for a renewal or transfer as there is no one to receive the payment or talk to. What can I do?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hello,

I've had this exact situation before. What we did is contact the main domain registar and they informed us to create an account with them and they transfered the domain to the new account.

Hopefully they had some form of phone contact information, this is usually the fastest way to have this resolved and easier pleeding you're case.

Its also faster if you're able to provide an invoice stating that you've purchased the domain.

Thanks and hope this helps!

- TannerG

hey thanks for the fast reply, how would find the main registar?

Feel free to visit who.is and it should be in there. If not try another whois by using google.

Sorry I would link you but I'm on my blackberry.

orderbox is the brand netearthone use,
    hope this helps!

Orderbox = ResellerClub
    Send them a ticket. They should be able to advice you further on that. They are quite responsive to tickets on Domains.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Orderbox = ResellerClub
    Send them a ticket. They should be able to advice you further on that. They are quite responsive to tickets on Domains.
    Thanks mate, I gave them a quick call and told me to email the guys over at publicdomainregistry.com so hopefully it will be sorted.

OrderBox/LogicBoxes is a product of DirectI that is being used by many registrars like ResellerClub, NetEarthOne, Resell.Biz and many more.

So first check who is the registrar, you can do so at http://www.domaintools.com, in the search box type you domain name and search, once the result is there click on the "Registration" tab, there it will show you the Registrar information. You can then contact this Registrar for support.

Now if you have access to your domain registration control panel, you can move your domain to some other provider within the same registrar chain for free.

Transferring domain to another registrar is a totally different thing, if the public WHOIS of your domain shows you as the contact person and you have your email ID there as registrant/admin and you have access to EPP code, transfer request will go to the registrant/admin email ID (which should be yours)and you can successfully transfer the domain.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

first thing is if you can log in to the registrar, if not, is it unlock? u need to request and EPP code from your previous provider and your new provider can proceed from there.