iMountain.com 2 1/2 + year review.

I've been with imountain now ( it'll be 3 years in November ). I just want to let people know my personal experience's with them. After 3 years you might be wondering why I've decided to post another long term review. It's the constant follow up the support team provides. I had a issue with one of my site's and I put in a support ticket. They quickly responded and fixed the problem. Months went by, and I recently received a follow up email from the support team telling me that they are still monitoring and tracing to see if/when anything happens again that they are on it. WOW. Personally this email to me either true or false puts reassurance into me that they do care. Seriously, I've been with bluehost,fatcow,hostgator, and a few others and if I had a problem, send in a ticket, usually wait a day or two or have to submit multiple tickets, NEVER had i had a follow up once the problem was resolved.

iMountain Support A+++++++

Downtime. Yea, I've had some downtime, but I'd quickly trade off any downtime I've had for the high level of support I receive.
    I'm not a programmer, don't know how and when it comes to sites, unless there is a step by step guide, I'm a little clueless. So for some one not to tech save looking for a host should seriously consider imountain.
    Back to downtime, I can recall 2x that there was any real downtime. One time was caused by mother nature and the other was planned.

iMountain uptime A ( Blame god for the lack of ++++'s )

To wrap it up, I've had a few issues, and some downtime, but what clears the slate is the excellent support they provide. They may not be the cheapest host, have the most flashy website, but it's what happens behind closed doors which really makes them stand out.

For the record, I'm not up for renew, but today I made personal purchase from a internet vendor, and just minutes after submitting my order received a follow up phone call. Go me talking with the wife, about how it's not about the cheapest, but now-a-days it's about the after the sale support/care you receive.

That just proves you get what you pay for. Great review. I might check them out since I didnt heard about them before.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

Thanks for sharing with us. Glad to see that you are impressed with their service. You may need to report a domain hosted there to get your review validated by the mods. You can submit it through the following link. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7473015

When I went looking for a host I went on the buzz word " Cluster hosting " back when I signed up with them that was what the buzz was all about. The other thing that helped seal the deal was when I was with hostgator, they started in on how many "inodes" I had and said it was too many. In my simple terms, a inode = 1 file of any size. I spent a good week constantly emailing back and fourth with imountain explaining my issues and they assured me not a problem. And the proof is in the bag. I'm still with them.

I'm really sure you'd be very happy with them. They are very upfront, and don't play game's years down the road.

I still have my very first email to and from them and what they told and promised me then still stands true today.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Thanks for sharing with us. Glad to see that you are impressed with their service. You may need to report a domain hosted there to get your review validated by the mods. You can submit it through the following link. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7473015
    Sent them all off to ya.

Glad to see happy clients. always read some negative feedbacks these days.

I am approaching 4 years with iMountain.

I haven't had any major issues lately. I have had some minor downtimes and slowness recently as they are in the process of moving me to a more powerful package as my forum has finally outgrown the original plan from 4 years ago. Since fall of 2007, my stats have roughly quadrupled in terms of uniques, page views and concurrent users. My peak day in March this year had 20k visitors, 340k page views, 7.4GB data transfer from just my forums. The forum reported 1788 visitors in a 60 minute period and we had to raise the concurrent users limit to 500. Most peak days of the week are about two-thirds of that peak day in March. The blog and webpages add a bit more traffic.

Basically, I'm impressed that the original setup lasted this long. I've outgrown previous providers within a couple years.

Support, as always, has been quite good. Not only do they respond to my trouble tickets quickly, but they always go beyond the call and help me with upgrades and other issues that aren't their responsibility.

Assuming the upgrade to their luxury III cluster goes as expected, I hope to be with them for many years more before I am forced to go to a high powered dedicated machine and SQL server. Hopefully I'll be able to afford that if the time comes.