Thread: Google Dance?

Google Dance?

Hello friends,
    I am student and want to know about Google Dance.
    Kindly brief me in detail.
    Regards!
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Its a term used when it is believed that Google is updating/rebuilding its rankings and results fluctuate with high frequency during that period of time. This term was used a lot few years back but not many people mention it now a days.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by decent View Post
    Hello friends,
    I am student and want to know about Google Dance.
    Kindly brief me in detail.
    Regards!
    When a new website starts appearing in SERPs, google changes its position again and again to test its actual position in SERPs. This is called google dance, it stops after a website got some authority and data centers are used to that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sanny View Post
    Google dance closed before few years.
    can you please share any article or any content u read regarding this. because i feel its still exist
      0 Not allowed!

The 'Google Dance' was a term coined years back in relation to when Google did major updates. As Google progressed into doing smaller minor rolling updates, the 'Google Dance' sort of went to the way side.

Google still does major updates to their index usually around every quarter, but it's less common for people to call these out as a 'Google Dance' now days, due to the smaller rolling updates happening all the time.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!
      0 Not allowed!

As I know Google dance is still happening to websites due to their content change or just google algorithm updates
      0 Not allowed!

Google dance still happening because of content and backlinks quality
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nuthin View Post
    The 'Google Dance' was a term coined years back in relation to when Google did major updates. As Google progressed into doing smaller minor rolling updates, the 'Google Dance' sort of went to the way side.

Google still does major updates to their index usually around every quarter, but it's less common for people to call these out as a 'Google Dance' now days, due to the smaller rolling updates happening all the time.
    Thanks for the help!
      0 Not allowed!

The term Google Dance has actually got replaced by new modern algorithms being used to calculate ranks for websites and at present ranking fluctuations are more common term to be picked by domains owners. It is possible to experience some fluctuations in rank,s happening several times a day due to various reasons. It seems that new websites which still have not gained publicity through links plus contents are experiencing rankings ups or downs.

It is actually logical to claim nearly all kinds of new websites in almost all niches are at certain times experiencing fluctuations because their positions have still not got fixed over the net and Google is giving them some time before their positions are stable. As domains get older and their links counts get improved and increased, fluctuations too would decrease up to a certain level and will be fixed for longer times, like days or weeks.
      0 Not allowed!