Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

India webhosting

I would like to know why when I search for web host providers in India, their sites show up as being hosted in the us. Wouldnt you think their services are provided from us instead of India. And could that be considered false advertising? And also who would like to have web hosting in India? Thank you have a great day.

datacentres in india are not as mature as in US, hence most indian providers have their servers in US ; they just provide local indian support

btw, hostgator started their hosting in india

There are good datacenters in India now. Hostdime etc have datacenters in India
    » hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    » Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    » Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    » 100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    There are good datacenters in India now. Hostdime etc have datacenters in India
    yes, its getting better; but still long way to go

also b/w pricing isnt that good

Yea, I knew hostdime and Hostgator did but when I searched India web hosting most were us based. I am about to launch my India based site that is why I was searching so I can see what I have to optimize to get higher in search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosting Goes View Post
    Yea, I knew hostdime and Hostgator did but when I searched India web hosting most were us based. I am about to launch my India based site that is why I was searching so I can see what I have to optimize to get higher in search engines.
    host your site in india & use a .in or .co.in or similar indian tld, that will somewhat help with seo

but then again you will need to do lot of link building before you rank anywhere on page1

Ok where can I get a .in tld for cheap?

Ok where can I get a .in tld for cheap?
    Check namecheap for domain registration.

Whether a .in TLD without an Indian datacenter the story is still the same.
    I will rather recommend a cheap US datacenter and more backlink building to get your site more visible.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Actually hostdime don't have a their private datacenter in India. They are using a datacenter in Mumbai.

There are many companies providing services from Indian datacenters including us. The reason for most providers using US datacenters is, the highly redundant bandwidth cost is very high.

I would like to know why when I search for web host providers in India, their sites show up as being hosted in the us. Wouldnt you think their services are provided from us instead of India. And could that be considered false advertising? And also who would like to have web hosting in India? Thank you have a great day.
    This is true. I would guess over 90% have their servers in USA. We offer both options as we noticed clients like to have a choice.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

I agree I think clients need a choice. But another question and maybe it belongs in the seo part but would it matter I I don't have a .in domain? I have for now a sub domain setup as I am still trying to be sure the systems will work.

Many Indian companies actually have servers that are located in the US. They then provide support to Indians using the servers in the local language and marketing tailored to the local culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Diaz View Post
    Many Indian companies actually have servers that are located in the US. They then provide support to Indians using the servers in the local language and marketing tailored to the local culture.
    Absolutely true. This the most common trend currently. Overall US DC are still much better option than the Indian DC. But not in next coming years.
    FastWebHost.com - Business Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, WordPress & Fast VPS Hosting
    FastWebHost.in Best India Web Hosting Provider. India Web Hosting
    Hosting Websites Since 2002. Locations: USA, Netherlands, Germany and India.

It goes without saying that US DC is more stable than Indian but think much depends on the company itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fines View Post
    It goes without saying that US DC is more stable than Indian but think much depends on the company itself.
    I would say US DC are much cheaper than Indian DC
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

I feel lots of technical difficulties here in INDIA compare to US.Am not much aware of it, But i think ISP's have limitations with services and cost of the service is also bit high.Just see the scenario.

In US now the trend is 4G , here now only the 3G is fully implemented.Just a bit difference in updating technologies..Same thing in Hosting too..
    Transition to wordpress today!!:wordpressmonk.com
    Contact us -Hotmail :abacies@hotmail.com
    Gmail :abacies@gmail.com

Yes, at one time i heard many datacenters onapp etc are starting in India. I really thought India will be on top of the world.

But donno if it is the govt policies or what things are generally more costly and slow in Asia. Even Singapore where many investors are ready everything theer is costlier than even India

USA/Canada they are best for datacenters
    » hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    » Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    » Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    » 100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!

Don't know why Indian players like reliance, tata, bharti, bsnl etc are not concentrating on their Indian DC biz. Most probably, the biggest problem here in India is Bandwidth cost and non availability of continuous redundant Power supply.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by coolnikin View Post
    datacentres in india are not as mature as in US, hence most indian providers have their servers in US ; they just provide local indian support

btw, hostgator started their hosting in india
    It's really a good news for us to know that hostgator has flagged their hosting service in india too. If in future more number of top companies start to come india, then the local indian hosting providers will surely get affected. But it is not depend on where the hosting servers located i think.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonC View Post
    It's really a good news for us to know that hostgator has flagged their hosting service in india too. If in future more number of top companies start to come india, then the local indian hosting providers will surely get affected. But it is not depend on where the hosting servers located i think.
    This is true, we started our India operations over 1 year ago and our growth has been going well. We plan to build a data center in India within the next year or so in which we will adapt the USA high availability practices.
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

I agree I think clients need a choice. But another question and maybe it belongs in the seo part but would it matter I I don't have a .in domain? I have for now a sub domain setup as I am still trying to be sure the systems will work.
    Honestly it is really hard to say what works 100% I have seen first hand having a .in domain and hosting the site in India server it does have a higher chance of ranking better in google.in
    | Colombia |

Datacenters in India have matured a lot. We went live with our services after months of testing and so far we have seen no major issues. But I agree we still have scope for improvement.

Hello Hostagator and Hostdime

How you feel Indian market? i think now hosting means US and Canada is the hot spot.I wish in 2020 INDIA gonna be hot spot!How you guys are predicting the future in INDIA.
    Transition to wordpress today!!:wordpressmonk.com
    Contact us -Hotmail :abacies@hotmail.com
    Gmail :abacies@gmail.com

Services in India are pretty bad in my opinion,but hey thats just me.Thats why they have their datacenters outside the country,mostly U.S. and Europe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast