My sites go offline - is there any script problem?

Hi,
    I manage some sites and most of them are article directories.
    article directories are based on Articlems, Articledashboard and Articlesss wordpress script.
    At first I was with shared hosting but my sites were offline and moved for VPS and already tried big names such as Myhosting and Mochahost but there was same problem with my sites and they went offline again and again, so I don't think it is a hosting problem, it may be any script problem.
    Guys I'm unable to decide what the problem is? as I'm unfamiliar with programming.
    if there is any script problem, what script is causing this error and please help me to know what should I do to fix this problem?
    I'm really frustrated my sites is going offline and I'm loosing my money.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

What message are you getting when site goes offline? Is it connection timed out?

When site goes offline are you able to access VPS via SSH?
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

Quote Originally Posted by cptechie View Post
    Hello,

What message are you getting when site goes offline? Is it connection timed out?

When site goes offline are you able to access VPS via SSH?

Sometimes it's "server not found" , "connection times out"..
    during my sites offline, sometimes i can access VPS but it takes too too much time..

thanks

Hello,

Do you have any firewall installed in the server. If you have firewall, your IP may be getting blocked for violating mod_secrity rules. Did you check apache error_logs?

Also is named service working properly in the server?
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

Quote Originally Posted by predator007 View Post
    Sometimes it's "server not found" , "connection times out"..
    during my sites offline, sometimes i can access VPS but it takes too too much time..

thanks
    It is hosting problem. I think, your sites are using more CPU uses and due to this your web host make it down to open. I am facing same problem but I have wordpress blogs. As you said you are using VPS it is also just like shared hosting if over sold. So contact to your web host and ask exact reason of being offline your websites.

Quote Originally Posted by cptechie View Post
    Hello,

Do you have any firewall installed in the server. If you have firewall, your IP may be getting blocked for violating mod_secrity rules. Did you check apache error_logs?

Also is named service working properly in the server?
    yes, i was with fully managed sever including firewall installed but after getting my sites offline again and again, I moved to knownhost.com.
    let's see how it works for my sites.
    but my previous host (Mochahost) told me that:
    Unfortunately I am unable to find any problems with the hardware node itself or the subnetwork on which you are hosted.

The only solution we can offer is to check all your server logs and application configurations for more information what happen inside your vps server.
    i checked error logs but was unable to find any errors and they also told me for script problem..
    so i'm thinking if any script is causing problem then i can't be happy with any host.

Hello,

Okay. But I don't thinks a script will cause Connection Timed Out issues May be firewall is causing the issue. Anything in apache error_log and lfd log?

I think firewall installed in the server might be blocking your IP.

Sounds like a DNS issue to me, does this still happen when you connect to the server using just the IP?

Have you pinged it for a period to check for packet loss?

Have you checked if you're using the domain name to connect that you haven't got erroneous NS entries present in the DNS zone itself?

And of course, have you checked the route using traceroute (both to and from the server).
    Last edited by Karl_CLOOK; 06-01-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Traceroute... Duh?!
    Clook: Fully Managed UK Based Hosting · CloudFlare Optimised Partner!
    Established 12 Years - 24/7/365 Support (<10m Avg. Response Time)
    Shared, Reseller, vServer, Dedicated and Beyond
    0845 867 2550 Sales - Visit our Website

If your previous host is Mochahost, then you've found the problem ... THEM!
    Those messages you get are from their side, and unfortunatelly they don't seem to be able to solve them, or they just don't care!
    I've been waiting for the last 2 weeks for an answer regarding a problem with webmail accounts ... they sent me the typical reply, that were escalating the problem to a "higher level" to investigate, and since then, the webmail still doesn't work, now one of the websites doesn't work, and whenever i try to access their control panel, it takes TOO LONG to navigate!

What OS is the server running?

I might be a simple case that you have a stuck or a backlog of slow processes. Normally this is an apache request that hasn't fired off properly.

Could you please post the last 10 - 20 lines in your error log. Normally located either in your public_html folder or var/log/apache/ or var/log/
    Garbott Ltd - Exceptional web development, hosting & consultancy services

I had an instance once, of a script causing a timeout, using the delay function... which would crash the whole server.

Yeah this sounds a lot like a host issue. Also if you paying for managed and there simply telling you threes no problem and to check the logs you need to find a new host.

My host hivelocity is more help full and I am running a self-manged server. There only about $50 for a cheap full dedicated server. Plue it think it was $10 for management if memory servers me.