No longer using a server; can I offer it for takeover?

I'm looking for advice on how to offer/sell a dedicated server that I'm renting from iWeb currently for $29/month. iWeb no longer offers these servers, so I'm wondering if I can get any money for this server). It's on a month-to-month contact and is paid for a month and 5 days (next renew date is June 30). I thought I'd use the server for VoIP but never go around to it has been completely idle for over a year (monthly bandwidth is just a few MB) and I don't want to waste my money anymore.

Celeron 3.06, 512MB RAM, 2x 80gig IDE
    CentOS 5 32 bit
    1000GB

Is it worth anything (and is it technically possible to offer a rental for takeover)? If not, I'll just cancel it
    Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

You will need to contact iWeb to see if you can transfer the ownership to another iweb client.

Are this server located in Canada? << snipped >>
    Last edited by net; 09-01-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    UnderHost Inc.Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia
      0 Not allowed!

Cancel it if you don't need it. You can get better prices with those specs now days. Not to mention that a VPS can probably outperform that server.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, it is in Canada (Montreal). Here's a chat I had with the iWeb support:
    alex: im wondering if it would be possible for me to transfer my dedicated server contract to another individual
    Philippe D.: Greetings, it is possible to do so. This is what we call a change of owner. You will need to send a document signed by both person saying you wish change the owner of the server. An id piece will also need to be sent for each person to confirm.
    Philippe D.: You need to send all these documents at [email protected] or open a billing ticket through your customer hub.
    alex: is there a cost associated with this proceedure?
    Philippe D.: If on of the person is actually a company then there will be a cost of 50$ associated to the change. BUt if it remains between individuals then no.
    I am in individual, but if it's a hassle I guess I don't mind just giving the new owner my login details (since I only have the one server with iWeb)
      0 Not allowed!

@AlexV : I will verify what is this fee, but we can get it waived so you can transfer the server.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    I am in individual, but if it's a hassle I guess I don't mind just giving the new owner my login details (since I only have the one server with iWeb)
    I would never do that: suppose the new owner does not pay his bills or causes trouble by spamming or hosting illegal files *you* will be the owner of the server and you will end up with the problems.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure if the op knew how to signup for this forum, he'd know to remove his payment information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    Once it is approved with iweb, you may post it in advertising forum not in Dedicated Server Forum.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!