Thread: Qmail problems

Qmail problems

Hi Guys...

Im having a problem with QMail for local domains. When I try to send an email from a domain on my server to another domain on the same server (but email hosted at rackspace) the email doesn't get delivered and I do not get any errors or bouceback messages. The email just seems to disappear into thin air.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Ahhh ha!! I just found out this information:

Code:
    Qmail will not consult the MX records if the domain considered "local" on the server. All of the local domains are listed in the file /var/qmail/control/locals. Plesk is probably setting this, so you'll have to figure out how to tell Plesk that email should not be hosted for that domain name.
    So I guess my question now is "How do I tell Plesk to lookup MX records for all domains even if they are local"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    Hi Guys...

Im having a problem with QMail for local domains. When I try to send an email from a domain on my server to another domain on the same server (but email hosted at rackspace) the email doesn't get delivered and I do not get any errors or bouceback messages. The email just seems to disappear into thin air.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
    Domains hosted on the same server should be defined in /var/qmail/control/me or the server will reject those emails because it will think that you're trying to relay though it.
    NiX API - A powerful Anti-Proxy/Anti-Fraud and IP Reputation Lookup API
    nixapi.com

just disable the mail feature for that domain which email is hosted elsewhere