Ordered SSL certificates from BigRock.com 2 of them were rejected - no refund given?

Hello,

BigRock.com (formally Answerable.com) is owned by Directi.com, the owners of ResellerClub.com.

I purchased 4 SSL certificates with BigRock.com (they resell/partner with Thawte), however only 2 out of my 4 certificates were approved by them. The 2 which got rejected were mysteriously removed from my account and all references to these orders were removed (e.g. not shown in order history).

I contacted BigRock's support and they confirmed the 2 certificates were removed from my account because Thawte rejected them with no specific reason. They have not refunded these orders, or given me another chance to resubmit applications for these certificates. The bizarre thing is these certificates were for sub-domains for the same domain name, and all details were the same.

It seems pretty cruel to reject a certificate application and a) not refund b) not give a second chance to resubmit.

Has anyone else been through similar issues with this registrar?

Seems strange.

For some years ago I used resellerclub.com (which BigRock.com seems to be a reseller of) - and they were always polite to help me when I had any questions.

That's strange. Even if certificates are revoked, there is a reason for it and if that has indeed been the case, a refund will definitively be issued. Can you please help us the domain names for which the ssl certificates were rejected or your customer account details to help us figure out what went wrong where?

Did you ask for a refund? I ordered a cert from rapidssl but made a mistake in the csr so when I received the domain validation email I rejected it. Then I had to contact the reseller from whom I bought the cert and they in turn contacted rapidssl and I got a refund within a few days. So most likely you need to ask for a refund.

As long as the certificate wasn't authorised and provisioned by the vendor you should be able to get a refund. I would check with their support team about the refund and also the reason why the certificate was rejected. If your website was hacked recently this can sometimes cause a certificate rejection.
    Alan.W
    Senior Support Advisor for daily.co.uk
    Low Cost VPS Solutions: www.daily.co.uk/products/virtual-private-servers | High Performance Dedicated Servers: www.daily.co.uk/products/dedicated-servers/