KnownSRV Review [1 month]

I registered a VPS with KnownSRV at 20/04/2011. I previously had a VPS with BalticServers and since I did not have much time (to re-do everything) I asked their (BalticServer's) support to make a vzdump in order to import the VPS to KnownSRV. They replied to me that they made the vzdump and it resided in our VPS's root.

When Kruno (an admin over at KnownSRV) tried to import the VPS it became clear that what I was given was not a vzdump; the configuration file(s?) were missing (after I asked for them I was told they were a 'company secret'). This meant it took some more time to import the VPS and there were some small issues, but these were quickly (within hours) resolved.

We initially took the NLVPS-V2 plan (because we were unsure whether the 500GB of bandwidth would be sufficient, as our old host did not offer bandwidth monitoring), but it soon became clear that the V1 plant was sufficient, so I asked for a downgrade which was granted immediately. The difference between the V2 and V1 plan for the days we had already paid was converted into credits (which we could use to pay for the next bill).

We haven't had a minute of downtime since we moved our domain over to the new server IP (this was quite different at our old host). The speeds are incredible, we share a 1 Gbps connection with the node which allows me to max out my connection (1,6 MB/s), so I asked someone with a faster connection to check it out and he got speeds of over 4 MB/s (32 Mbps).

Here are some HD 'benchmarks':
    Code:
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.25671 seconds, 130 MB/s
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.80327 seconds, 122 MB/s
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.0482 seconds, 76.4 MB/s
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.70232 seconds, 123 MB/s
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 15.0062 seconds, 71.6 MB/s
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.90429 seconds, 108 MB/s
    The execution times are as fast as they were on the previous server, but I can't really tell you much about that since we have some pretty light scripts (with a lot of caching).

Our server specifications are (now):
    - 512 MB RAM (Guaranteed), 1024 MB (Burstable)
    - 2 usable CPU cores (Intel Xeon E31230 @ 3.20GHz)
    - 500 GB bandwidth
    - 30 GB HD
    - 1 Gbps uplink (shared by all VPS on node)
    - $19,95 (There's a 10% discount, for life available currently, so we pay $17,95.)

What more to tell... The guy I had contact with, Kruno, seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy (and of course he should be ).

All in all: great service, great price, great support.

I'll add another review after 3 months, if I don't forget

Thank you for a honest review. It's much appreciated.

Have a nice day!
    KnownSRV.com - Fast, Quality and Secure MANAGED VPS with fast SSD drives in h/w RAID10
    Full network and hardware customization possible - let's talk your needs. Optional 500gbps DDoS protection!
    █ PayPal, Credit Cards, Skrill, Payza, PerfectMoney, WebMoney and BitCoins accepted

I have also had an amazing experience with KnownSRV so far!

bad hosting , but very good VPS , i am using for my blog : http://gotebook.net

I've bad opinion for this hosting . They have very bad support

Quote Originally Posted by gotebook View Post
    KnownSRV - Land of W.a.r.e.z, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vpswk View Post
    I've bad opinion for this hosting . They have very bad support
    Could you please PM me your domain name or support ticket number so I can verify your identity and check what went wrong in your case? Our support answers with solutions fairly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gotebook View Post
    We had some issues with one of our shared hosting servers recently. Glad you are happy our VPS now.
    KnownSRV.com - Fast, Quality and Secure MANAGED VPS with fast SSD drives in h/w RAID10
    Full network and hardware customization possible - let's talk your needs. Optional 500gbps DDoS protection!
    █ PayPal, Credit Cards, Skrill, Payza, PerfectMoney, WebMoney and BitCoins accepted

hi -> ive checked out the website.

What i need is a new place to host a file and picture sharing website. im considering taking the NLVPS-V1 with KLOXO. BUT the main thing is that i will need assistance to move the site.

while i have a few questions, most pressing one is, will your site allow photo and file uploading and hosting and sharing?

(Yes ive read the TOS,im not really 100% certain on the TOS, but it does mention image and file dump is prohitbited.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_matt View Post
    hi -> ive checked out the website.

What i need is a new place to host a file and picture sharing website. im considering taking the NLVPS-V1 with KLOXO. BUT the main thing is that i will need assistance to move the site.

while i have a few questions, most pressing one is, will your site allow photo and file uploading and hosting and sharing?

(Yes ive read the TOS,im not really 100% certain on the TOS, but it does mention image and file dump is prohitbited.)
    Hey Matt,

We do allow file / photo sharing services on our virtual servers and dedicated servers. We would migrate your site over to your new VPS for you, it's not a problem.

Please contact us at info[AT]knownsrv.com if you have further questions.

Thanks
    Kind Regards

Request for Information

I just had two brief (terse, I might say) e-mail exchanges with KnownSRV, asking basic questions about the TLD I'm using, wanting to get a different domain and have visitors redirected there from my existing site, payment options, etc. Having such a tone with a potential customer prior to the sale is bad enough, and it sure doesn't bode well as to what to expect "after the sale."

I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ap8p7vk View Post
    I just had two brief (terse, I might say) e-mail exchanges with KnownSRV, asking basic questions about the TLD I'm using, wanting to get a different domain and have visitors redirected there from my existing site, payment options, etc. Having such a tone with a potential customer prior to the sale is bad enough, and it sure doesn't bode well as to what to expect "after the sale."

I'll pass.
    Hello,

Payment details are listed on both our website and sales threads. The answer to 2nd question is quite simple - you can register another domain just like you registered the first one. Redirect is also possible, and can be done using html, php, or htaccess. We expect some level of understanding and management from our clients' side. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Hopefully, you will find what you are looking for elsewhere.

Thanks
    Kind Regards
    Last edited by KnownSRV; 10-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I ordered a vps from knownsrv yesterday. I got the invoice by mail and was able to log in my account. Thena ll my account details went blank.. And now I am locked out of knownsrv. what is going on?

someone at knownsrv .. please help!

Quote Originally Posted by SceneSRV View Post
    Thank you for a honest review. It's much appreciated.

Have a nice day!
    good job Scene
    ▓▓ 9xvps - A WEB HOSTING COMPANY
    ▓▓ Quad Core Dedicated Servers - Click here
    ▓▓ Windows and Linux VPS - Click here
    ===============================================

Quote Originally Posted by dtouch View Post
    I ordered a vps from knownsrv yesterday. I got the invoice by mail and was able to log in my account. Thena ll my account details went blank.. And now I am locked out of knownsrv. what is going on?

someone at knownsrv .. please help!
    Your payment was flagged as fraud. Everything is sorted out already.

Quote Originally Posted by public_html View Post
    good job Scene
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SceneSRV View Post
    Your payment was flagged as fraud. Everything is sorted out already.

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt response. And towards the end of my first week with knownSRV I must say I am very much satisfied!