Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hostgator Launched Hostgator India

Hello Everybody !

I just want to let you know that HostGator launched it's branch in India(Hostgator.in). I asked for it several times in these 2 1/2 years and it launched now

I wonder there is not a single post about it on WHT. BTW, there are not much good reviews about Hostgator.com's VPS and dedicated servers.

Anyhow, Good luck to Hostgator India and their new customers
    Last edited by youser; 05-23-2011 at 10:22 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Funny, I just received an email to my yahoo about hostgator India.

http://www.hostgator.in/
    saying
    We are even offering a free 7 day test/trial of our shared HostGator India accounts

Looks they have already started support firms in India as well.
    hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting indeed, I wonder if the servers are going to actually hosted in Data Centers in India or is it only going to be Indian based customer service?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Interesting indeed, I wonder if the servers are going to actually hosted in Data Centers in India or is it only going to be Indian based customer service?
    Yes the servers are also from Indian datacenters
    The resource limits and everything remain the same even on the Indian servers. We are one of the pioneers of unlimited hosting and we are happy to offer the same plan limits even in India.
    We also offer 24x7 localized support for the Indian Operations via helpdesk, live chat and phones.
    Our staff in India is highly skilled and work under the supervision of our of our oldest Level III System Administrators. Our Indian office pictures can be seen below:
      0 Not allowed!

Whats interesting is they are offering the same services at the same price and in American Dollars? I wonder if this is the first step in a plan to move American web hosting operations to India?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics

0 Not allowed!

Whats interesting is they are offering the same services at the same price and in American Dollars? I wonder if this is the first step in a plan to move American web hosting operations to India?
    They have too much money invested already in Texas. India is easier to do business with than China and they have over 1 billion people. It is probably just their first international expansion as it has the potential to be their most profitable.
      0 Not allowed!

I doubt whether the Indian datacenters will be successful. The bandwidth cost and the datacenter quality in India aren't upto the mark.

But so far as labour is concerned it will be many times cheaper in India.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    It's good to hear.Welcome to INDIA......We are expecting many more.....All you guys ..
    Transition to wordpress today!!:wordpressmonk.com
    Contact us -Hotmail :[email protected]
    Gmail :[email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    They have too much money invested already in Texas. India is easier to do business with than China and they have over 1 billion people. It is probably just their first international expansion as it has the potential to be their most profitable.
    It will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out. What really raised my eyebrow was the currency. If it was a true Indian brand, shouldn't the pricing be in rupees?

0 Not allowed!

The email i received says they hostgator will start with US dollars but gradually they will be moving to the Indian rupee
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    The email i received says they hostgator will start with US dollars but gradually they will be moving to the Indian rupee
    I see, well it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out for them.

0 Not allowed!

Here are some of their Indian office screenshots.

Their USA offices look like palaces, but the Indian offices they started look more pathetic.

Clearly they are looking for a profit margin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hg2.jpg   jpeg.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

Wow...nice! that's a good news for people in India
    So HostGator now expanding their market for Indian based customers?
    I hope HostGator expanding to all countries in ASIA.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.
      0 Not allowed!

Awesome, I am sure HostGator will provide some badly needed *good* jobs for as many folks as the business will sustain... I wish them well!

0 Not allowed!

Hello People,

Thank you for all your wishes. We appreciate it.

Hostgator's Indian operations have been in testing for the past 6 months or so and we have just launched them commercially because now we are confident that we can provide clients with the same level of service we offer to our US clients. The Indian operations are basically for Asian clients as well who need low latency servers within Asia. We own our IP addresses in Asia and so in future on demand we can provide servers in almost any part of Asia. We have chosen the best available DC in India and so the server access times are super fast. We want people to experience it and so we are offering the free trail as well for the shared accounts.

We have chosen India to be our Asian startup point to the availability of skilled techs here. We have been building a team of skilled techs for the Indian office over the past few months and we are already in 24x7 operations at this time. About the office, unfortunately we do not have as many employees as our US office yet and so the office is a bit smaller. Things are moving forward though and we will be expanding the office space if needed.

INR billing support will also be available soon. We are localizing everything for India and Asia and with real client feedback we will maintain our top notch service level and support as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorindia View Post
    Hello People,

Hostgator's Indian operations have been in testing for the past 6 months or so and we have just launched them commercially because now we are confident that we can provide clients with the same level of service we offer to our US clients. The Indian operations are basically for Asian clients as well who need low latency servers within Asia. We own our IP addresses in Asia and so in future on demand we can provide servers in almost any part of Asia. We have chosen the best available DC in India and so the server access times are super fast. We want people to experience it and so we are offering the free trail as well for the shared accounts.

We have chosen India to be our Asian startup point to the availability of skilled techs here. We have been building a team of skilled techs for the Indian office over the past few months and we are already in 24x7 operations at this time. About the office, unfortunately we do not have as many employees as our US office yet and so the office is a bit smaller. Things are moving forward though and we will be expanding the office space if needed.

INR billing support will also be available soon. We are localizing everything for India and Asia and with real client feedback we will maintain our top notch service level and support as well.
    Yeah, it is nice to hear all the details. Wish the very best for your Indian version.
      0 Not allowed!

when it's launched there? There's no official newsletter received.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello People,

Just for information, Which datacenter r u using. I have many people enquire to me for good datacenters, But havent found a reliable one to name yet.

May I know the one you have as reliable?
      0 Not allowed!

@hostgator
    We own our IP addresses in Asia and so in future on demand we can provide servers in almost any part of Asia. We have chosen the best available DC in India and so the server access times are super fast.
    Most of us love the US servers than India based. Better to follow HostDime-India's plan here. They sell two types ....India Based servers(based on WebWerks data-center in Mumbai) and US based servers (Their own DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincxu View Post
    when it's launched there? There's no official newsletter received.
    They sent the newsletter 5 1/2 hrs ago. Their(HG India's) twitter account was created 10 ago

Their USA offices look like palaces, but the Indian offices they started look more pathetic.

Clearly they are looking for a profit margin.
    Usually Corporate employs in India maintain a particular dress code and their appearance looks neat. But the appearance of employs in these pictures looks weird. Especially the guy with hat and and another guy with Grey jeans. I don't think any employer in India allow them

INR billing support will also be available soon. We are localizing everything for India
    I am waiting for this too

Thanks !
    Last edited by youser; 05-24-2011 at 02:23 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by youser View Post

Usually Corporate employs in India maintain a particular dress code and their appearance looks neat. But the appearance of employs in these pictures looks weird. Especially the guy with hat and and another guy with Grey jeans. I don't think any employer in India allow them

Yes, their company interior is vary far behind what you would find in an CMM level 3 or Level 4/5 company in India even in the starting stages.

I remember the photos posted in WHT by hostgator showing the interior of their US offices. What a contrast

Anyway wish good luck to hostgator India. They will get a good market for sure. Most people here trust alot the unlimited sellers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gat.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

This is certainly big news, would like to see how it turns out in terms of employment.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, this is indeed interesting.
      0 Not allowed!

Hostgator, Most Welcome in India!
    ZNetLive
    Web Hosting for Designers & Developers
      0 Not allowed!

That's really interesting.
    In India!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Just some clarifications ..

Our US operations still remain open to everyone who love their servers to be hosted in the US. However all of us know our great ISPs in India and what latency they offer to the US network. At times when there is a sea cable cut, people cannot access their sites for days together.

About the work environment, we have a casual work environment here. We let people work with ease as we do in our US office rather than forcing a dress code on them. After all, if the staff is comfortable, they would provide you good support
      0 Not allowed!

Obviously hostgator has improved and developed their services significantly.
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds very interesting. This could actually be one of it's most profitable operations as there is an untouched market. Good luck to them!
    Rishi - GenVPS.com - sales[at]genvps.com
    Managed VPS Solutions with 24x7 Support
    Follow us on Twitter @GenVPS
      0 Not allowed!

The speed from VietNam is very good Will thinking about using HostGator India after my current host expire

DICHVU.IT: All about SSL.
    BudgetVPS: Where to find the cheapest VPS Offer!
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, Hostgator is for treasure mine. It has alot of trust among Indians

Wish they start a company in my city as well.
      0 Not allowed!

For everyone curious about our office setup, we have added pics on our facebook page. Thank you everyone for the best wishes we have been getting today.
      0 Not allowed!

IMHO its like judging the new Hostgator Indian hosting concept before even testing it.. That reminds me of the famous quote from the Shrek movie "people try to judge me even before they know me.. "

Cool down guys and stop concluding things immediately before even testing and reviewing their Indian hosting services.. Allow HG to establish themselves in India and may be we can judge their service level and the other hosting features wtih the help of reviews from people..

Goodluck HG for your new Indian hosting launch..!
    RSHosting.com: Reliable & Secure, Managed Web Hosting since 2003
    UK / US datacenters Linux & Windows Servers Cpanel / Plesk RvSkins+RvsiteBuilder Pro Softaculous WHMCS + SSL
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Servers | Managed Dedicated Servers
    100% SLA Network Uptime + White Labelled End user support & 30 days money back guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

I am in Asia. We are using Riel and USD. How can I pay?
      0 Not allowed!

They support USD for their Indian hosting. They will make Indian rupee possible with time.
      0 Not allowed!

In fact that is good news for its Asian Customers.
    To paint the big picture this will also act as an outsource support center for Asia as HostGator is yet to start providing support in other languages and this is its first step towards that.

Let's just watch and see how they sweep the market.
    █▌ Cheapest Shared Hosting Solutions with 17+ Server Locations.
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,OKPAY, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, STP.
    █▌ Web Hosting, Offshore Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting by HostNesta.com!
      0 Not allowed!

It may be a ploy to start moving operations to the US to cut costs who knows!
    Jon Black
      0 Not allowed!

We are currently accepting INR payments too. But these are limited to offline payments for now. We will shortly be moving over to INR payments only for the Indian operations.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eDedi View Post
    It may be a ploy to start moving operations to the US to cut costs who knows!
    Most USA companies does that ..

We have Arvixe's new offices in full swing near to my city

And they are awesome
      0 Not allowed!

Most USA companies does that ..

We have Arvixe's new offices in full swing near to my city

And they are awesome
    As far as I know, there are no Arvixe's branches or agents in India. Just confirmed by an Indian executive at Arvixe

They do have Employs working from India , but no Branches/Agents

Of-course, they do accept payments from Inida in off-line payment modes.That is in Dollars and not in rupees
      0 Not allowed!

I just wanted to come here and clarify this, as I knew this was going to be a large question.

The quote above is not going to be the case. All support will continue to be handled by US Admins/Techs *unless* you specifically request local support (and contact them directly at the separate phone/chat/email addresses) or have signed up with one of our local/international hosting brands specifically (i.e. India, or Brazil, etc.).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us and ask.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Taylor; 05-24-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, their company interior is vary far behind what you would find in an CMM level 3 or Level 4/5 company in India even in the starting stages.

I remember the photos posted in WHT by hostgator showing the interior of their US offices. What a contrast
    As a customer in India, I can't care less about how their office looks and what their employees wear. If they can provide a service as reliable as their US peers, it is good enough for me.

We definitely need well funded hosting companies here in India with billing in Indian rupees. I'll take a reseller account as soon as billing in Indian rupees is available.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast