Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it clould?

Is it clould?

I know nothing about cloud. I heard that it is the same cPanel. How to know it is cloud technology or not?

cpanel isnt cloud hosting. www.wikipedia.org -> search for "Cloud" should give you a little insight

sure, but cpanel doesnt have anything to do with the term "cloud".

hmm I just need to figure out it is a cloud server or not.

vps.net runs their cloud hosting on onapp software.. so if you buy one of their cloud packages, it is indeed a cloud server

i am sorry for stupid question and english. well, if i buy cloud vps and offer shared cpanel account, how can i prove my clients that it is a cloud?

You can tell them that you are hosted in vps.net's cloud i guess.. or they can check the ip they are hosted on, should lead them to vps.net ip range

Ok. Thanks a lot.

no problem mate - everyone has to learn

Thumbs up

The cloud is cloudy. When intel releases their new Cloud Processor everyone will be able to do cloud CPU computing even with one computer.

The real question is "Will it blend?" not is it cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofit-worker View Post
    The cloud is cloudy. When intel releases their new Cloud Processor everyone will be able to do cloud CPU computing even with one computer.

The real question is "Will it blend?" not is it cloud.
    But what about ground hosting!!

Still a interesting question, because how do you know as a client you are running on cloud technology?

Honestly, I have not tried cloud hosting yet.

Any Cloud provider should be able to release to you the details of how or why they're labeled as 'Cloud'.

Essentially, any reputable provider you can likely just take their word for it. (Although I would still ask about the underlying technology that makes it 'Cloud', as this differs greatly from 'Host A' to 'Host B')
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

hi
    how can i check whether a site is hosted on cloud or not..?

Neo,

If the host says that it is cloud hosting then it is*

(*not all cloud hosting is created equal)
    Old School Web Hoster
    138Media LTD (Media and Consulting)

Quote Originally Posted by chhit View Post
    hmm I just need to figure out it is a cloud server or not.
    You need to ask the provider !
    Ideally you'd see no difference between a "cloud server" and any other server.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by mazedk View Post
    vps.net runs their cloud hosting on onapp software.. so if you buy one of their cloud packages, it is indeed a cloud server

For a better view of what a cloud is think more Amazon and less VPS.net.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    For a better view of what a cloud is think more Amazon and less VPS.net.
    in what way?
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

What is Cloud...

The cloud is a set of services and technologies that enable the delivery of computing services over the Internet in real-time, allowing end-users instant access to data and applications from any device with Internet access.

A cloud provider can provide any one of these things:

IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service
    PaaS - Platform as a Service
    SaaS - Software as a Service (although I believe that SaaS is a component of the overall cloud and sometimes viewed as "Cloud Apps")

Hopefully this helps a little!

More than 95% of the service providers sell VPS in the name of Cloud Hosting making it a marketing term rather than a technical term. In reality it is something that VARDynamicsCM pointed out to be. Cloud provides elasticity wherein you can grow as much as you want. In other terms your application may require a processor equivalent to 2.0 GHz and 1 GB RAM and at some stage the requirement may be 3 GHz and 2 GB RAM. Cloud will allow you to expand the computing cycles as well as the memory as per your requirement and you will be charged only for what you use and not for what is allotted to you. In simpler terms, it works on the "Pay as you go" model. Normally cloud computing will be sold on per hour basis by cloud computing providers. Also, to enable your application to run smoothly on the cloud, you have to develop it accordingly. For example, your application may be a E-Commerce application and while a payment transaction is performed, the resources available to your application may reach its capacity. In this case, you get option to increase the resources without disconnecting the session. Such is the power of cloud computing.

Some may argue that even in case of VPS, we get option to increase the resources at runtime without downtime. This is true in case of a VPS, but is not a valid point to prove it as cloud. The resources available to the VPS will be limited to the resources available to the main hardware node. It cannot grow beyond that. In case of a real Cloud, this will never be an hindrance since the Cloud is actually spread between multiple servers with proper load balancing and a Storage Network.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

cPanel can run ontop of a cloud hosting platform, but cPanel is not cloud.

Some people have even made multi tiered applications with cPanel that way if cPanel crashes your sites do not crash. Some places dont even use a control panel, you basically upload your files, upload your SQL, and your done.

Depends on what your looking for.
    Michael Wallace - michael@innoscale.net
    Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc. - A Cloud Service Provider
    24/7 Support, Call us @ 1-307-200-4880
    www.innoscale.net - Seattle, Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by prashant1979 View Post
    E-Commerce application and while a payment transaction is performed, the resources available to your application may reach its capacity. In this case, you get option to increase the resources without disconnecting the session. Such is the power of cloud computing.
    Are you referring to Terracotta?

Quote Originally Posted by prashant1979 View Post
    Some may argue that even in case of VPS, we get option to increase the resources at runtime without downtime. This is true in case of a VPS, but is not a valid point to prove it as cloud. The resources available to the VPS will be limited to the resources available to the main hardware node. It cannot grow beyond that. In case of a real Cloud, this will never be an hindrance since the Cloud is actually spread between multiple servers with proper load balancing and a Storage Network.
    Load balancing can be placed in front of any form of infrastructure and for that matter, Terracotta can be integrated as well into anything.

cPanel is not equal to Cloud. cPanel is a software and can be deployed on any hosting server, whether Cloud, VPS or Dedicated.

As this is WHT, we often refer Cloud to "Infrastructure as a service" (also known as Cloud Hosting).

In a true cloud hosting environment, users can have the following advantages:
    - pay as you use
    - scalable & flexible
    - higher availability

There could be other advantages as well. Some users even reported a better security against DDOS and IDS.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast