Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GoDaddy 4th generation hosting?

Supposedly GoDaddy has "fourth generation" hosting - http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx
    If you click the "4GH vs the rest" tab, it says that Media Temple, Rackspace, and GoGrid are all third generation, whereas GoDaddy is fourth generation and hence better than all those other companies (or so they say...)

Anyone have any experiences with GoDaddy's fourth generation hosting? Does it live up to everything it promises to be, or is it all marketing hype? I've only ever heard bad things about their shared hosting so I'm interested in hearing people's experiences with this! Notably, I'm looking at their Windows hosting... Anyone have any experience with hosting ASP.NET MVC 3 / .NET Framework 4.0 sites with them?

The technology they advertise is all possible, but for the price they're offering it - it seems more like marketing/sales crud. Kind of like their shared hosting offers I guess?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I might have to get one of their economy plans just to test it out and see if it's worth it or not

The following thread should help:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1037290
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I might have to get one of their economy plans just to test it out and see if it's worth it or not
    Go a head and please then share and review your experience with us
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesR View Post
    The technology they advertise is all possible, but for the price they're offering it - it seems more like marketing/sales crud. Kind of like their shared hosting offers I guess?
    I can almost bet that is what is going on. Ive heard nothing but bad from Godaddy's hosting, no matter which plan it is.

Daniel, do tell how it goes! I'd be very curious to see how you like it!
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared cPanel® Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (616) 277-7280 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

As far as I know, godaddy is only well known for domain registration but not hosting.

As far as I know, godaddy is only well known for domain registration but not hosting.
    I also have been using GoDaddy only for domains registration, but not for hosting.
    Well, don't know yet if that '4th Generation hosting' will be good? let's wait for Daniel15 to give it a try
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Supposedly GoDaddy has "fourth generation" hosting - http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx
    If you click the "4GH vs the rest" tab, it says that Media Temple, Rackspace, and GoGrid are all third generation, whereas GoDaddy is fourth generation and hence better than all those other companies (or so they say...)

Anyone have any experiences with GoDaddy's fourth generation hosting? Does it live up to everything it promises to be, or is it all marketing hype? I've only ever heard bad things about their shared hosting so I'm interested in hearing people's experiences with this! Notably, I'm looking at their Windows hosting... Anyone have any experience with hosting ASP.NET MVC 3 / .NET Framework 4.0 sites with them?
    Godaddy 4th Generation Hosting = Same crappy service, with a different name.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Godaddy 4th Generation Hosting = Same crappy service, with a different name.
    Sadly its true. You wont see any difference with the hosting quality. I've used them off and on for the past couple years. It has its ups and downs. But it isn't really worth the headaches any more. There windows servers can be a mess at times. The only time I had a decent experience with them is when I was on a Linux based server but then got a suspension notice when they stated I had items on my account that were not being used on my web pages and would have to remove them or my account would be suspended ( they were images that were on there for future uses or old images that I had not removed and put in a folder for possible re-use)

I've used Godaddy in the past for domreg only, but have known a few people to use the hosting. Each person I've talked to seem to dislike the hosting either because it was too restrictive or support was poor.

Looking over the plans they always seemed to be the basic run of the mill shared hosting so I guess if you don't need anything fancy for a unix site it might work for you, but I prefer to keep my domreg and hosting at separate companies. Less of a hassle when moving one or the other.
    -Jay-

Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!

It's mostly hype. Hosts are trying hard to differentiate their offerings from one another, because it's fundamentally a commodity product. For example, 1and1 Internet is now touting a "dual hosting" shared solution, where, basically, your site is mirrored on two servers. If one goes down, the other takes over behind the scenes.

Don't know if this system is reliable or not, but it's an interesting alternative, although an expensive solution. Two of everything, plus management hardware and software.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel
    Host/Executive Producer, The Paracast, www.theparacast.com
    I do not represent the hosting industry!

'4th Generation hosting' sound like the Apple iPod 4th generation or iPhone 4th generation, everyone will start copying the Apple...
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    '4th Generation hosting' sound like the Apple iPod 4th generation or iPhone 4th generation, everyone will start copying the Apple...
    Start?

They haven't stopped!
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

Just wait for Ihosting to come out. You can only manage it from your handheld devices

They have to watch the "i" prefixes. I gather iWeb had difficulties with Apple because iLife for the Mac includes a simple Web creation app known as, of course, iWeb. But they managed to keep their name anyway.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

True, I was surprised to see that Ipage didn't get hit with anything when it came out. But while I was there I didn't hear any issues with it.

GoDaddy's hosting is terrible, nothing but bad experiences including with their stats tracking software and, as mentioned, terribly restrictive. But haven't heard of this 4th generation hosting, sounds like a marketing sham.

The core of their claim is this:

"Hosted across multiple servers with proprietary Dynamic Traffic Management. Easy-to-manage and affordable. It's the next generation of Web Hosting."

As far as the impact of traffic increases, they also claim: "YES, capacity automatically scales at NO additional cost."

If you can believe this stuff, fine, cause it would appear to eliminate the need for VPS and dedicated in many instances — if you can believe them of course. Or at least, so long as your databases don't exceed 1GB each. I notice that 1and1's dual hosting plan increases their database size in shared from 100MB to 1GB too. Clearly they are targeting each other with these packages.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Stream101 View Post
    I can almost bet that is what is going on. Ive heard nothing but bad from Godaddy's hosting, no matter which plan it is.

Daniel, do tell how it goes! I'd be very curious to see how you like it!
    I highly second this. I think godaddy likes to have hot girls and dead elephants. Thats pretty much all they are good for.

---

PS. I love elephants.
    TuneMyBox.com - Providing top quality admin services for linux servers. Mysql/Performance/Security/DDos Mitigation and More! Get a quick and painless quote for any job Here!
    Follow Us on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    They have to watch the "i" prefixes. I gather iWeb had difficulties with Apple because iLife for the Mac includes a simple Web creation app known as, of course, iWeb. But they managed to keep their name anyway.
    Probably because iWeb the company predates iWeb the software by at least 5 years

True, but that doesn't stop some companies. Besides, iWeb offers Mac-based servers, so it's not as if Apple isn't making anything out of this situation.
    Best,
    Captain Marvel

Maybe it's true... are they doing the same for their support team?
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

It seems to be a marketing stunt with what looks like nothing more than two sites with a load balancer thrown in front of it. Bamb cloud, bamb 4gblah.

The idea is out! The challenge has been set. Watch the market reaction. I know Godaddy only for domain registration. Not too good reviews about support and hosting...
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast