Thread: 1Gbit USA VPS?

1Gbit USA VPS?

I am looking for a 1Gbit USA VPS (50-100Megabytes per second download speed.) to use for OpenVPN.

I was just reading a topic on how to use a VPS to browse the web, and 1Gbit VPS for a VPN would be amazing for me!

My budget is $15/month. Here are the specs i'm looking for, but any reputable provider with any plan $15 and under are welcome to be suggested to me.

RAM: At least 128 or 256MB dedicated RAM.

Space: 5-25GB.

Bandwidth: 500+GB (With upgradeable options - I want to use this as a replacement for my ISP )

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DylanP View Post
    I am looking for a 1Gbit USA VPS (50-100Megabytes per second download speed.) to use for OpenVPN.

I was just reading a topic on how to use a VPS to browse the web, and 1Gbit VPS for a VPN would be amazing for me!

My budget is $15/month. Here are the specs i'm looking for, but any reputable provider with any plan $15 and under are welcome to be suggested to me.

RAM: At least 128 or 256MB dedicated RAM.

Space: 5-25GB.

Bandwidth: 500+GB (With upgradeable options - I want to use this as a replacement for my ISP )

Thanks everyone!
    With only 500 GB bandwith requirement, I can't really see you needing Gigabit. 100mbps should be plenty.

You will still need an ISP for transport to connect to your VPS...you will still need internet access to get to your VPS VPN.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by KiloServe View Post
    With only 500 GB bandwith requirement, I can't really see you needing Gigabit. 100mbps should be plenty.

You will still need an ISP for transport to connect to your VPS...you will still need internet access to get to your VPS VPN.
    Right, I will still be paying for my ISP, but connecting to/using this all the time, not my ISP's connection.

I want 1gbit because of the speeds. The other night I had my provider switch my dedicated to a 1gbit port and I downloaded a 1GB file in a few seconds, with an average of 109MB/s download.

budget seems very low IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    for 128 / 256 MB RAM?

virtualization?

just to understand more, is your current ISP provide you with 1Gbps home connection?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    His budget is fine for the requirements.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    just to understand more, is your current ISP provide you with 1Gbps home connection?
    Nope. I don't even think I have 100mbps at home.