Is close open ticket without reply is good?

My one web host do not offer live chat support, only supports email. When I open a ticket they close it without given any reply as the issue mentioned in ticket was old not solved since last 6 months. So, I want to know is it good to close ticket without any reply?
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

It is really not a good practice. Even a thank you should be replied ! If the client themselves closes the ticket there is no need to reply it.

This is my opinion.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !
      0 Not allowed!

Out of curiosity, what hosting provider is doing this? It sounds a bit strange to me
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    So, I want to know is it good to close ticket without any reply?
    No, it's not customer friendly to close a ticket without any reply. The customer may feel like being ignored and not valued by the webhost and move to another hosting company.

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number
      0 Not allowed!

But they might have closed it by error. Try contacting them again before jumping to any conclusions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    But they might have closed it by error. Try contacting them again before jumping to any conclusions.
    That's a great point I would like to think that there isn't a host that would do this on purpose although I'm likely wrong.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades
      0 Not allowed!

Only once I gave ever closed a ticket without a reply and that is when I was testing all possibilities with my billing system a while back and I was the one who sent in the support request using another email address.

I agree with the others that they may not have closed it intentionally so you should send in another one to see what happens. Also if they are taking 6 months to answer a support ticket then I would of fired my support department a long time ago. Lol
      0 Not allowed!

Even if the issue is a very old one, the host should always close the ticket with an appropriate reply.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.
      0 Not allowed!

Its not a very friendly manner. If it is a open ticket, it would at least been replied by the hosting company.
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV
      0 Not allowed!

I would try to send another ticket but yea it is not a good practice and if I were the client I prob would be looking for another host.

I would never do this to one of my customers.
      0 Not allowed!

Something doesn't sound right about this - seems the provider may have just overlooked something. Generally though if you reply to the ticket it'll automatically re-open, so you may want to try doing that (or opening a new ticket altogether).
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

If it was closed without any reply then it was unethical (bad customer service).
    Even it's a 6 month old ticket, there should be a reason why it was closed.

Well, perhaps this way should be good, such as set an automated reply with template saying:
    "Dear customer, this ticket is now automatically set to closed as it's been 6 months without any updates/activities. You may reply to re-open this ticket/issue."
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.
      0 Not allowed!

We either solve the problem and get a confirmation the issue was taken care of and close the ticket. Simple as that.

No need to say "closing the ticket now"
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL
      0 Not allowed!

Greetings,

Closing a ticket without any explanation is completely unprofessional.

Now a days an automated message like "We have not received any response - this ticket will be closed if not responded within 48 hrs." is used by most hosts which is actually good for tickets with OPEN status for ages from the client side.

Best Regards,
    Abhijit
      0 Not allowed!

As stated a lot of times if you had a valid issue and they didn't solved it they don't deserve their money .
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by handsomeabhi View Post
    Greetings,

Closing a ticket without any explanation is completely unprofessional.

Now a days an automated message like "We have not received any response - this ticket will be closed if not responded within 48 hrs." is used by most hosts which is actually good for tickets with OPEN status for ages from the client side.

Best Regards,
    Abhijit
    Even I would say the same. I think you should get at least the auto-response thingie!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks to all for your valuable replies.
      0 Not allowed!

Then that would be a bad customer service . I will suggest you to go with other hosting provider.
    Unless your mail look like spam mail or not they must be reply you .
    Even they unable to help you they also need to reply you.
    Mostly ticket need to be reply within 24 hours. If more than one day then i consider that the poor service.
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-30-2011 at 05:48 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Very bad customer service, they should reply something.

I would like to know the name that hosting provider?
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-30-2011 at 05:49 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

No, In my mind this is bad practice; could be seen as rude.
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-30-2011 at 05:49 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, it would be very rude.

Think yourself as customer
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-30-2011 at 05:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

These days number of people are coming in hosting business but some are not able to maintain business ethics specially needed in hosting business such as reliability, assistance and promise.
      0 Not allowed!