TotalServerSolutions Review

Hello

I'd like to post my experiences of Total Server Solutions (totalserversolutions.com).

I signed up and bought their $99 Option 1 Total Server Management

I was having trouble with my dedicated server, it kept going down periodically and having high load, so I thought they would be able to help.

The $99 package includes pretty much everything except for server Migration : http://www.totalserversolutions.com/...anagement.html

So, I signed up and waited. They did some tweaks to the apache and did some monitoring to see why it goes slow. After some time they told me my traffic is too great for my server to handle.

So, I went and bought a new server. I asked them to set up this server for me, but it seems they won't do that. They want me to re-buy the package and then they will do it.

So basically, I paid $99 for them to tell me my server is underpowered, and when I bought a new server I have to pay another $99 to get it setup.

Now I have a new server that I paid $110 just sitting there for the last 4 days.

Virendar,

That is a bit of misinformation there, if you please read your sales ticket #165232 we have clearly said it *is not* a problem to add the new server to the management package that you already have and replace the old one with it. However, as our site clearly states, we neither offer unlimited admin time nor migrations as a part of the monthly server management package.

We would be happy to replace your currently managed server with your new server. However, the migration of the data between the two servers is not a part of that package.

Thanks!

I've PM'ed you. I hope this can be solved swiftly.

Quote Originally Posted by Virendar View Post
    I've PM'ed you. I hope this can be solved swiftly.
    Not a problem, getting it taken care of, just some miscommunication. As a policy management plans are not 'transferable' between servers but this is a unique situation

Just to update on this thread, it's been 3 weeks since I made it.

TTS has been great, fixed my problems and went the extra mile with their support.

I'll will be using them for my other server as well!

I've been using TSS with my HiVelocity server for a while now. I think 9 months or so, but would have to check exactly how long. Amazingly fast on ticket responses. Initial response typically in about 5 minutes, and while resolution time varies based on what the issue is, it is typically very fast.

I have a Rackspace server at work (London DC) and TSS response times and resolution times are better than Rackspace -- although for full disclosure, the rackspace server is an IIS box and I have no experience with their Linux support.
    BroncosForums - Broncos message board and live news feed

Funny this thread came up.

I had got a new VPS for my canadian customers on shared hosting. Anyway.. i put a vbulletin forum on the new server and it was getting BAD server load.. 20 up to 30 .. when 100 people online.. i knew the vps could handle it.. but not sure how to correct the problem myself.

VBSEO (vbulletin plugin) suggested i try out totalserversolution ... i went to their site and noticed a 75$ vps optimization..figuring what the hell i bought it.

Within a couple hours they made some changes to apache and mysql and did some other tweaks. They installed xcache for me ( i didnt have php cache software) and after all they did i was down to avg server load of about .12 or .20.. busy periods it WAS 20 or 30 down to.. 2.0

This all happened within a few hours, good fast service.

Quote Originally Posted by Virendar View Post
    Just to update on this thread, it's been 3 weeks since I made it.

TTS has been great, fixed my problems and went the extra mile with their support.

I'll will be using them for my other server as well!
    Thanks for the update and review. It sounds like you have been treated well.