Ticket Response Time

Hi guys!

I was just wondering what you guys would say for Support Tickets to be answered at roughly around the 2 hour mark? Would it be acceptable or would that be a little too long? What do you guys think? Would just like to get a general idea from everyone around.

How about tickets to other Departments? For example Customer Support/Sales/Billing? Would 2-3 hours during working hours be considered too long or is it just normal response time?

Do hope that you guys could give me a feedback on this. Just wanted an idea.

Thanks a bunch
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

It's not live chat support to answer instantly so I think 2-3 hours will be considerable as normal response time.

Depends on the question that rises in the ticket. If this is an urgent issue, for example, the unavailability of the server or website, then 2 hours is too long. For non-urgent issues, this is normal.

It will be good to give a response to tickets within 30 minutes regarding the status of issue. Then 2 to 3 hours is normal for resolution .
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

Depends on the type of provider, with some budget hosts you can expect to wait 12 hours for a reply.

2 hours is acceptable if it's not for urgent issues.

If its tech support and its not a budget provider then 2 hours is too much IMO.

I can't remember the last time I had to wait for more than 20 mins for a reply on a tech support ticket (even low priority) with a non budget provider.

If its sales, then 2 hours is still pushing it, IMO.

If you provide remote reboot port, 2 hrs should be acceptable in budget hosting market.

2 hours is acceptable and more over it is appreciable if there is a regular updates between 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Hi guys!

I was just wondering what you guys would say for Support Tickets to be answered at roughly around the 2 hour mark? Would it be acceptable or would that be a little too long? What do you guys think? Would just like to get a general idea from everyone around.

How about tickets to other Departments? For example Customer Support/Sales/Billing? Would 2-3 hours during working hours be considered too long or is it just normal response time?

Do hope that you guys could give me a feedback on this. Just wanted an idea.

Thanks a bunch
    It really depends on whether you offer a SLA to your customers. Are you offering 24/7 support? When you have a SLA, you can specify the response time and any compensation if you fail to meet that response time.

It really depends on what needs to be done and how busy the Sales/Billing/Support staff are. The load varies every hour/day/week/month.

It's acceptable for sales and billing, but not for support unless its a very budget service.

Quote Originally Posted by PCS-Chris View Post
    It's acceptable for sales and billing, but not for support unless its a very budget service.
    +1

If you're paying a reasonable fee, there's nothing worse than being stuck waiting for hours for someone to press a button or replace a cord.

For a dedicated server (especially if you are running a business on it), I think that 2-hour responses are a bit too long. Imagine if your server is down and needs a reboot, would you and your clients want to wait 2 hours for this?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

As others have said, it really depends on the type of ticket; if it is an urgent matter, then anything more than 30 minutes is too long (unless its a very budget service), but if its just a regular support ticket then 2 hours is just fine.

When it comes to server downtimes, 2 h is too long. Otherwise I tend to prefer detailed responses, and don't mind if it takes a bit long answer.