An open request to NordicVPS

Re posting this from LowEndTalk (as drmike requested):

Quote Originally Posted by drmike

Re: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/nordic...#comment-32214

NordicVPS, I’m going to give you the chance to prove what you’re saying.

Please provide a scanned copy of the order documents of the “replacement hardware” that has been on order.

Until you do so, I don’t think you have any right to criticize those reminding you of your failures nor do you have the right to demand information of others.

In other words, put up or shut up.

I think that’s fair and I think the rest of us could abide by that.

Could someone please post this request over on WHT please?

I have to admit, I thought this was going to be another one of the 'Customer at fault but blaming the host anyway' threads, I just read all the comments on LEB.... its actually quite funny (not for the customers I am sure)

over a month to replace some hardware on a VPS node (in a owned 42U rack full of their own hardware).... riiiiiidiculous
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED
    -> QUALITY XEN & OpenVZ VPS HOSTING
    -> PHOENIX & MIAMI USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU
    -> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

I don't think they'll ever reply.

That is an unfortunate situation for you.

Hopefully Nordic will reply and fix this up for you.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Interesting. I just read the LEB thread and I think this may be the firs time I hear of a provider taking over a month to bring back a node online.

One month of downtime as shocking? It's not first time with NordicVPS. As example when they tryed to squeeze customers from german nodes to one bigger node to reduce costs our stuff was down in this migration approximately 2 weeks. And they (or better he - as there is most likely only one guy) took those weeks of downtime as something completely natural for migration...
    He feels no shame or regret for any downtime no matter how long is.

Quote Originally Posted by forasse View Post
    Interesting. I just read the LEB thread and I think this may be the firs time I hear of a provider taking over a month to bring back a node online.
    Enotch is getting up there in the whole node repair list but nordic is still king of that castle.

Anyone that has read any of the nordic threads on LEB/LET knows that i've been very verbal about my dislike of their business practices but it has now cost LowEndTalk an awesome moderator and community contributor.

I'm fairly pissed at this point to say the least.

Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Why couldn't "drmike" just post it? ;/
    He doesn't have a WHT account and probably doesn't want one. Do you have anything useful to contribute to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by cedricd View Post
    He doesn't have a WHT account and probably doesn't want one. Do you have anything useful to contribute to this thread?
    Hello,

I wonder why not

Hello,

I wonder why not
    I wonder why you don't have anything else to contribute as well . The community probably just isn't for him. Why not ask him if you care so much? http://twitter.com/dr_mike

Are they going to stock those thin air plans anytime soon, or are we in perpetual wait of their 'new hardware'?

Quote Originally Posted by cedricd View Post
    I wonder why you don't have anything else to contribute as well . The community probably just isn't for him. Why not ask him if you care so much? http://twitter.com/dr_mike
    Why would he want someone to post it on wht if Nordic was at LEB responding. They choose to ignore some of his questions for which ever reason

So Bring it to another site and expect a response which is useless to "drmike" as he doesn't have an account here nor contributes here ... odd......
    Last edited by Dustin Cisneros; 05-21-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Why would he wanted someone to post it on wht if Nordic was at LEB responding. They choose to ignore some of his questions for which ever reason

So Bring it to another site and expect a response which is useless to "drmike" as he doesn't have an account here nor contributes here ... odd......
    Nordic only just joined LET today and their thread on LEB is ignored almost entirely minus trying to shill themselves some more.

There are many valid questions in there and given the length of the downtime/issues/etc they owe it to their users to provide something besides a reply that sounds like a prefab from an outsourced support company.

Francisco

Did you guys really expect to see the documents or anything for that matter about their operation from a provider that don't even reply their own support tickets?

Its a shame the guy who runs lowendbox chooses to post "scammy" offers from the dodgy providers. Well hopefully $15 bucks won't be that much of a loss for most people... *hopefully*.

Anyway here is the response Sean posted in lowendbox for those who can't find it.

Our attempt to answer and address the dissatisfaction and at the same time hold certain business details concealed makes it difficult to provide a comprehensive and acceptable answers to your concerns.
    Unfortunately we can not disclose our business partners or business plans but be reassured that we are working to introduce new and exciting initiatives in Fremont, California with great opportunities.
    Once again I encourage those who wish to enter a partnership with NordicVPS with our new venture in Fremont, U.S. and UK to contact us.
    @Affected Customers: All services will be restored and the expiry period will be extended by one to two months.
    We will not comment further on this matter.

Tuxlite.com Complete LAMP and LNMP script for Debian and Ubuntu.

NordicVPS Fail

They are really going down the drain
    VPS benchmarks, personal opinions and more at my personal blog asim.pk

Quote Originally Posted by asimzeeshan View Post
    NordicVPS Fail

They are really going down the drain
    Generally its what happens when you try to grow a business too fast too soon, The key is to grow slow and strong...

The fact it taken them a month to fix an hardware issue must mean they have lack of funds or a serious business flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Generally its what happens when you try to grow a business too fast too soon, The key is to grow slow and strong...

The fact it taken them a month to fix an hardware issue must mean they have lack of funds or a serious business flaw.
    And on top of everything else, you start lieing and take 1 month to bring back your server from the 42u rack you OWN. Not to mention you start accepting new orders in the same DC but delay bringing back VPS of the old customers. What a shame!
    VPS benchmarks, personal opinions and more at my personal blog asim.pk

My experience with them was good for just a couple of months since they launched, then all went to nothing thereafter. Won't never even consider them.

More than two months and our pre-paid nordicVPS still isn't back. We can easily call nordicVPS scam now, can't we?

well .. im the only one here satisfied with nordicvps germal plan ???

I tried for one month a DE account ( 512 bla bla bla ), and i signup the low cost vps that they have for backups ( 256 bla bla ).

Until now, zero problems...

I hope that nothing bad happens. Now that i reading this im feeling a litte scared :/

sorry the bad english