Exclamation Bandwidth going crazy! Please help!

Hello, Everyone

Im currently have a web hosting account and my account is going crazy with bandwidth!!!! I dont know if im beeing attacked or just some type of script that I wrote is doing this. my web site is be 21 today .

I tried looking at my states and it only says that iv only been visited 121 times but this bandwidth issue is driving me nutz like I said.

My support is blaming it on a pic file, but I know I have nothing on the pic file.

Now since my order form that I wrote is simple and works with Mysql connections I dont know whats the cause.

Is there a way or program i can use to see whats really happening? I dont have shell access, my host is blaming it on a folder or pictures that I have which my over all files size is not even 30mb and my db size is about 2mb

They are sugesting now a dedicated server after they recomended me to upgrade to a larger package which I did. But I really dont think it has anything to do if I get a dedicated since the site is new and there is hardly no one going to it.

What to do please?

Hello,

I would recommend contacting you're web hosting support team and maybe asking for an administrator. From what the support is saying, that doesn't seem to make much sense from what you're saying.

Also, if you don't mind me asking which hosting provider are you with?

Have you tried blocking hotlink protections? maybe somebody is hotlinking to your images and using your bandwidth.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Whats the url of the site? Maybe someone here can see whats going on.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Thanks for the great replies.

No I havent tried hotlink protection, How do you do that? If you dont mind me asking? and im with mangoxchange with servers in Singapore.

Please note I sell novelty ids and follow all rules and regulations

My domain name is www be21today com

Thanks for the help!

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...tection#Enable Hotlink Protection

Under your security settings in cPanel you should see HotLink Protection.

Im going to try that right now Jajae thanks. If I can get into cpanel its taking forever

Ok when it says Urls to Allow Access: I see my domain names, should I remove them? since it says allow access.

Thanks

Leave your domains to be allowed. This way your domains have access, but nobody else does.

ok cool, Just did that lets see. Anyways this is my bandwith log:

HTTP usage be21today.com

283.68 Gig

IMAP usage

1.07 Meg

POP3 usage

1.5 Meg

SMTP usage

0.26 Meg

FTP usage

61.29 Meg

Go into your Webalizer stats for the month and scroll down to Top 10 of x Total URLs by KBytes. What does that list show?

Does your host have any sort of stats monitoring installed, such as awstats?

Look under "Logs" in cPanel.

Ok here is the Analysis and Log files::Latest Visitors

It looks to me that they are accessing this pic over and over it shows about 300 times maybe this is it?

be21today.com

Host: 69.22.187.5

/images/SAMPAPP.jpg

Http Code: 200

Date: May 21 03:36:11

Http Version: HTTP/1.0

Size in Bytes: 138865

Referer: -

Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/2.0.0.19

/

Http Code: 500

Date: May 21 03:36:19

Size in Bytes: 7491

Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/2.0.0.19

Host: 46.30.167.189

/images/SAMPAPP.jpg

Http Code: 200

Date: May 21 03:35:55

Size in Bytes: 138865

Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072300 Iceweasel/2.0.0.6 (Debian-2.0.0.6-0etch1+lenny1)

/

Http Code: 500

Size in Bytes: 7491

Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072300 Iceweasel/2.0.0.6 (Debian-2.0.0.6-0etch1+lenny1)

Host: 195.229.236.213

/images/SAMPAPP.jpg

Http Code: 304

Http Version: HTTP/1.1

Size in Bytes: 0

Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)

This is the image http://be21today.com/images/SAMPAPP.jpg

Top ten says:

Top 10 of 188 Total Sites By KBytes

# Hits Files KBytes Visits Hostname

1 4280 33.99% 1913 22.59% 21929 16.76% 41 7.79% pool-72-92-106-61.phlapa.east.verizon.net
    2 706 5.61% 656 7.75% 10737 8.21% 15 2.85% 155.33.143.77
    3 355 2.82% 347 4.10% 6360 4.86% 10 1.90% ool-4355c586.dyn.optonline.net
    4 629 4.99% 385 4.55% 5714 4.37% 8 1.52% dynamic-oit-pu-dormnet-bb-a-307.princeton.edu
    5 344 2.73% 301 3.55% 4420 3.38% 2 0.38% c-98-235-209-223.hsd1.pa.comcast.net
    6 307 2.44% 207 2.44% 3667 2.80% 2 0.38% 149.125.178.15
    7 288 2.29% 220 2.60% 3245 2.48% 5 0.95% ip98-163-227-235.no.no.cox.net
    8 337 2.68% 239 2.82% 2930 2.24% 2 0.38% 154.sub-174-252-94.myvzw.com
    9 200 1.59% 128 1.51% 2466 1.89% 3 0.57% 149.125.166.41
    10 220 1.75% 153 1.81% 2413 1.84% 2 0.38% 69.sub-174-252-35.myvzw.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom, View Post
    Does your host have any sort of stats monitoring installed, such as awstats?

Look under "Logs" in cPanel.
    No it not available.

Th crazy thing is that I know I dont need a dedicated server for this like they said to upgrade too. I already upgraded to a higher plan due to the fact that, thats what they tought was the prob.

This here is another site just like it www.be21tonight.com its an exact duplicate (working on it still since last night) of the other I just put this one up in the mean time I get this fixed.

Does anyone think I should just change host? This been going on for 3 days now and I lost alot of orders as I get arround 5 to 8 orders per day.

You need to find out what is really happening, not just change hosts. No host is going to allow that kind of bandwidth usage.

Look at your latest visitors log again, and pick out the IP addresses that are the worst offenders. Add them to the IP Blocklist in cPanel for now. They may be attacking your site, or may have a script or program that is constantly updating itself that is hammering your site.

No problem thanks, I will do that. Thank You

Seriously, a fake ID selling website? Are you guys nuts? Why are you helping him commit a crime??

If your cpanel is being slow then it's probably a http flood - I've seen them go up to 40Mb/s of HTTP requests on one of my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post
    Seriously, a fake ID selling website? Are you guys nuts? Why are you helping him commit a crime??
    Quote Originally Posted by be21tonight.com
    "OUR IDS ARE FOR NOVELTY/REPLICA PURPOSES ONLY."
    I'm sure there nothing illegal with that

Edit: look to be illegal in USA, legal in Canada - UK.
    UnderHost Inc. Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp Cloud USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHost View Post
    I'm sure there nothing illegal with that
    I don't see that anywhere, with in ~30 seconds of just browsing the page. It's clear the product is marketed to get into clubs underage etc. Illegal in my book, although I'm not a cop or anything, just my opinion.

McLovin anyone?
    http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...96_417_266.jpg

Legal or Illegal it would probably pay to enable hotlinking, I'm surprised your host hasn't taken 2 minutes to figure out whats going on.
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at] hooplahosting.com
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post
    I don't see that anywhere, with in ~30 seconds of just browsing the page. It's clear the product is marketed to get into clubs underage etc. Illegal in my book, although I'm not a cop or anything, just my opinion.

Zach Nelson:
    I totally understand what you are saying. Let me explain a little more of what I do and what I know and believe.

First:
    I only sell them as novelty IDs. I went to court already and Ive won due to the fact they are novelties and my terms and conditions. I for one do not consent underage drinking or anything the web site will be fixed according to what my lawyer told me. I follow the law all the way.

Second:

A fast and quick story
    One day, actually 3 weeks ago someone made an order saying I would like to buy a novelty ID from you so I can go to Rent a center an rent things and never returned them. Do you know what the response ZACH was? I told that person that we do not condone or consent any illegal activities at all therefore we will not do business with such a person! Our Novelty IDs are for novelty purposes and entertainment.

What I did was canceled her and blocked IP. Done.
    In the political side of things I do believe that if you are allowed to enlist in the arm forces and shoot, kill and drink in other countries why cant you have a drink at 18? Yes there are still laws, but I follow laws to the dot!.
    I even confiscated an ID of a friend once he told me he been drinking all week! DONE mines money back without a problem.
    I'm not a bad guy at all. Dont do drugs, dont consent or anything!

Yes the web site has content of drinking but what web site in the net is up front and honest and follow all regulations or pay all taxes? You tell me? Because if you follow all laws and are straight as an arrow man Ill get on my knees and I myself will do anything for you!

This is how I make a living and all Im asking is for help, I'm not doing anything bad at all. All my customers know they are novelties and they all know that I do not consent any illegal activities!

Zach Nelson: Like I said I understand and Iv been through the ins and outs of this business for 7 years and till this day I never let my guard down nor sell anything that can hurt someone without warning or notifying them first.

Man look at the tobacco companies, look at the prescription drug companies and everything else in this world!!!!!!
    I'm not bad nor I want to be and I would never sell anything for a bad purpose.

In addition many of my customers are people who have new born and they just want their faces in a ID to remember or friends that want to show off and kid around.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla-Brad View Post
    McLovin anyone?
    http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...96_417_266.jpg

Legal or Illegal it would probably pay to enable hotlinking, I'm surprised your host hasn't taken 2 minutes to figure out whats going on.
    Thanks Hoopla,

I did enabled hotlinks hours ago and its still the same.

I dont know what to do at this point as Im going crazy and they are just telling me after they scan my site to buy a dedicated server or VPS.

I used to be in the web hosting business many years ago for 4 years but I had to give it up due to my parents death and money problems. I owned 4 dedicated servers and used to be here all the time helping people on problems and more, I just forgot the usernames and no longer have the old emails active.

What sucks is that I myself used to know all about these problems and how to resolve them and now Im just like a new be! Sucks I mean I still know alot of commands in a linux enviorment but I do not have shell access to get my hands dirty.

Trust me Im an old shcool in Linux and especially CPANEL my greatest hosting friend!

Thank You

I just checked my support tickets and its been to much and they still dont know or still blame it on my sites pics. They are offering a refund or for me to upgrade.

Maybe I think its time to get a new host that can really help out or really try to help doing these stages.

I tell you this I would of redirect or changed the Bandwidth page in my account by adding a helpfull page to customers. But it looks like to me that they dont have shell access and they just have reseller accounts.

Thanks

Update:

Nothing was done about it by MangoXchange. They told me it was abused or DDOS. The crazy thing is that for the last 2 days I have dleted everthing from the servers and it still had bandwidwith issues even though I deleted everything fromthe server.

If you have any images on your website someone my have it posted on their site as well directly linking it to your hosing. If that is happening that will cause your bandwidth to skyrocket depending on how many hits they get and how many times the image(s) is/are loaded.

Ok thanks.

What I did was moved them to a dedicated server I had for seven years now. I noticed they try to do it again when server was hesitating on me but my support with the dedicated server killed it and pluged it before getting bad. Site is now beeing redirected to my duplicate site and out of mangoXchange servers.

OT:

Novelty? Whoopee-Cushions are novelties, not fake ID's. You're lucky you don't live in NSW Australia, else you'd be facing up to 3 years in jail.

Out of curiosity, what sort of novelty activities do you think your customers get up to with your products?
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

The move seems to have fixed it, looks good now.

Quote Originally Posted by RGoulding View Post
    OT:

Novelty? Whoopee-Cushions are novelties, not fake ID's. You're lucky you don't live in NSW Australia, else you'd be facing up to 3 years in jail.

Out of curiosity, what sort of novelty activities do you think your customers get up to with your products?
    Well to tell you the truth 80% of my customers get an ID for there 5 year olds, I dont know any 5 year old who drives a car and does something bad do you?????

Also I dont know how long you have been in business but ask your lawyer so he can go over the governing laws and regulations. And if he says Im wrong Ill give you $500!

Everyone ! SO your business is all legit and you pay all your Taxes end everything else right RGoulding? You are a big company and you have many lawyers giving you advise right????? I have for many years now and been thru every detail and event the law can bring me and my record and business is making money!

Sorry for the harsh talk but bro you have to advise lawyers before you even open your mouth!

Speak to your lawyer in matter of fact give me his number and ill talk to him and brush him in the new and novelty laws. I bet you dont even have no one to cover you, you just some dpressed wanger sitting in the room looking for a moment to hit your bix.

Stop knoking on others business! You are so wrong! learn and call the government! I pay 800 a month just to be ahead of everything and making sure I do not break the laws buddy.

I for one will not sell anything to break laws even though all my customers Know that my novelties are not the exact copies.

So go brush off and sh*** on another persons yard because I can assure you that I have been doing this right and will keep doing this right as I have for the rest of my time!

SO lets see give me your company lawyers number and Ill check. Now, if your correct Ill give you 500 thru paypal.

Challenge me? you have already since you trying to put my biz down.

Bring it Kang! I love challenge especially when I know the laws and my biz!

Quote Originally Posted by testlab View Post
    Well to tell you the truth 80% of my customers get an ID for there 5 year olds, I dont know any 5 year old who drives a car and does something bad do you?????

Also I dont know how long you have been in business but ask your lawyer so he can go over the governing laws and regulations. And if he says Im wrong Ill give you $500!

Everyone ! SO your business is all legit and you pay all your Taxes end everything else right RGoulding? You are a big company and you have many lawyers giving you advise right????? I have for many years now and been thru every detail and event the law can bring me and my record and business is making money!

Sorry for the harsh talk but bro you have to advise lawyers before you even open your mouth!

Speak to your lawyer in matter of fact give me his number and ill talk to him and brush him in the new and novelty laws. I bet you dont even have no one to cover you, you just some dpressed wanger sitting in the room looking for a moment to hit your bix.

Stop knoking on others business! You are so wrong! learn and call the government! I pay 800 a month just to be ahead of everything and making sure I do not break the laws buddy.

I for one will not sell anything to break laws even though all my customers Know that my novelties are not the exact copies.

So go brush off and sh*** on another persons yard because I can assure you that I have been doing this right and will keep doing this right as I have for the rest of my time!

SO lets see give me your company lawyers number and Ill check. Now, if your correct Ill give you 500 thru paypal.

You do not need to be so defensive, as long you are not US citizen there nothing illegal with your site.
    UnderHost Inc. Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp Cloud USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia

seems that the change for an other host has fixe the problem, good, which one have you choose?

Wow, that's quite the tirade you have going on there... Ok, well lets begin...

(I had to rearrange your post slightly since it's rather fragmented)
    Everyone ! SO your business is all legit and you pay all your Taxes end everything else right RGoulding?
    Absolutely correct! Not that I'm sure what that has to do with anything, but yes, we are registered, and pay taxes...

You are a big company and you have many lawyers giving you advise right????? I have for many years now and been thru every detail and event the law can bring me and my record and business is making money!
    I don't need lawyers to read legislation...

Clearly you missed the glaringly obvious statement regarding MY LOCAL LAWS - not yours. Just in case you glossed over it, here it is again...

You're lucky you don't live in NSW Australia
    See Section 192L, Crimes Act 1900 (http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fr...l+0+N?tocnav=y)

I do find it interesting that you feel the need to spend "800" (assuming USD) a month to keep abreast of laws for your business that supposedly doesn't do anything wrong...