Enkompass vs Plesk for Windows hosting

Hello

I am wondering if I could get some feedback from other website hosting providers on using Enkompass vs Plesk for shared windows hosting as well as VPS servers.

I am looking for feedback in terms of do customers tend to find it easier to use/understand/navigate one over the other. Also is one more stable and use less server resources then the other.

I am really comfortable and experienced with using Cpanel/WHM so I felt using Enkompass would be good has it seems to be similar in setup. However I never really have used Plesk especially in terms of running a server that has Plesk installed.

So feedback???

Thanks
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just a programmer

Subscribed...
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

No really good rated webhosts announced for enkompass support yet since it's a new born, I think we have to wait some time for this product.

I have not had a chance to play around with Encompass yet but if the level of support for enkompass is the same as it is for cpanel it'd be the obvious no-brainer. The downside to enkompass is that it requires active directory, which i am not a fan of.

On the other hand, Plesk support sucks balls!! And I would do anything in your power to avoid Parallels products.

My vote is get yourself a nice Linux box and run cPanel. The support is there to help you through what you can't figure out from the pretty detailed documentation. Another plus worth noting is that a lot of providers will release the server to you with cPanel pre-installed (could take some of the woes out of leaving Winblows behind)

Subscribed...

I have about a dozen or so Linux boxes with Cpanel and of course love Cpanel which is also as I venture into windows boxes why I was thinking it would be cool to still beable to utilize the cpanel brand product line since I like their Linux product line but again have not really seen or been able to speak with anyone that is using their windows cp yet so was wondering if their was a reson why :-)

thanks for all the comments
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    just a programmer

I think HostDime offers both Plesk and Enkompass hosting. It would be great if one of their representatives on WHT can give us his opinion on both products. Alternatively you can purcahse a Enkompass plan for a month with them to see how it compares with Plesk Windows.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

Quote Originally Posted by cycomholdings View Post
    I think HostDime offers both Plesk and Enkompass hosting. It would be great if one of their representatives on WHT can give us his opinion on both products. Alternatively you can purcahse a Enkompass plan for a month with them to see how it compares with Plesk Windows.
    Comparing Plesk and Enkompass at this point is very difficult as right now the Enkompass product is very young and still growing daily in features, but I do see great potential in the product, and the cPanel team is obviously well known for putting out an amazing product. Also, with Enkompass, most web hosting clients have an easier time navigating because they are familiar with cPanel and can translate that cPanel knowledge easily to Enkompass. Server resources wise, I feel Enkompass is a bit heavier around the waist than Plesk but also has better support for clustering and an easier route to add machines to a cluster to enhance it further.

In the end, the Plesk v. Enkompass debate is, in my opinion, a debate best left undecided for now. If you need something that is feature packed out of the box and already has a great track record in Windows hosting, stick with Plesk. However, if you are interested in seeing what is, in my opinion, the next frontier in Windows Hosting, give Enkompass a go and see what it's like to push the boundaries of what was once a one-player game.

Have a great day
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

But are the basic functionality working flawlessly or still require somewhat improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by wheimeng View Post
    But are the basic functionality working flawlessly or still require somewhat improvement?
    Basic functionality is most defiantly working already, but some other functions are still on the roadmap for future versions.
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Did they manage to come out with the migration utility from Plesk?