How to Setup a VPN provider business - can any one help

I just bought a dedicated server with 5 ip address .. i m thinking to start a VPN service,, But do not know where to start or how to setup.. obviously need whmcs for billing for limit bandwidth and everything.. can any one tell me is there any script or where i can find any template? thanks

You don't buy and then ask. You ask and then you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyVox View Post
    You don't buy and then ask. You ask and then you buy.
    He doesn't need to ask then buy at all, he clearly will be able to run a vpn or anything else with any server, no need to be such a troll.

From a quick search i was unable to find a whmcs module that would help you, most likely need to either create a custom module, or setup the products manually and keep on top of the orders.

Ben,

I'm not a troll, I simple stated that you don't buy something if you don't know what you're doing. He bought/rented a server with no idea of how to set things up.

My advice would be to cancel that server and do some research before investing any money, or at least use his current server to run some tests. I'm sorry if my comment was a bit harsh, but you don't buy something if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm not a troll, I simple stated that you don't buy something if you don't know what you're doing. He bought/rented a server with no idea of how to set things up.

My advice would be to cancel that server and do some research before investing any money, or at least use his current server to run some tests. I'm sorry if my comment was a bit harsh, but you don't buy something if you don't know what you're doing.
    This...

If you have to ask how to setup such a thing then how are you going to fix it when everything hits the fan?

Learn how to set it up yourself before accepting paying clients.
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at] hooplahosting.com
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

its not really hard thing to learn and setup these days.. thats why we are in forums right? and i rented this server to host my sites + setup a business like vpn business... can any body give me an idea plz

you wouldnt miss this deal,, dont you
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3450 (8 cores w/HT)
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    HD: 500 GB Hard Drive
    BW: 100 Mbps Unmetered*
    IP: 2 Public IP Addresses
    KVM On Demand Available
    Linux / Windows / BSD / XEN

For $54 a month

Quote Originally Posted by asantha View Post
    its not really hard thing to learn and setup these days.. thats why we are in forums right? and i rented this server to host my sites + setup a business like vpn business... can any body give me an idea plz

KVM On Demand Available

For $54 a month
    If its not hard to learn and setup then why are you asking?
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at] hooplahosting.com
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla-Brad View Post
    If its not hard to learn and setup then why are you asking?
    I m sorry mate,,, i thought in a forum there are people to help me.. sorry again mate,,, thanks a lot for your advice and reply

Well, if it helps, from what I've read most vpn providers have their own automation software. Some manage to make a whmcs plugin, but I don't think there's a retail one that you can just buy.

Maybe this thread will help:
    http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=32833

I am not aware of any module that WHMCS has for managing a VPN service. You would need to make a custom module for sure.

What platform do you plan on running the VPN on? Windows or Linux?
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Thanks tinyvox

well I m thinking to run on linux

Quote Originally Posted by asantha View Post

KVM On Demand Available

For $54 a month
    Where did you get such a deal? If you dont mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by Microloud View Post
    Where did you get such a deal? If you dont mind me asking
    Volumedrive - http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

I never see any whmcs module for a vpn business.

sorry dude... you need to learn now how to make a VPN whmcs modules

Although i agree with you, he never stated that he bought the servers solely for this vpn business. Either way, his question was not "should i buy a server then learn how to setup a vpn". If he's not using the servers ..... his money down the drain and a valuable lesson for next time.

As far as setting up your own vpn business i'm trying to do the same thing.

I would start by
    1. looking at existing vpn providers
    2. deciding who is your target market (what are you providing that these guys dont)
    3. Choose a vendor / platform (i went with openvpn)
    4. install and configure the software
    5. test the installation
    6. figure out what your service catalog will be (ie. are you offering secured vpn access? PPTP, proxy etc.?)
    7. billing
    8. website development
    9. TESTING
    10. TESTING
    11. TESTING
    12. more testing.
    13. 1 st client.
    14. become the 2nd largest vpn provider in the world ..... (i'd be number 1 of course).

Obviously there is much more to this but that's how i'm starting...

open to suggestions / feedback.

Cheers

I'm wondering if there has been an updates in this field since it was last discussed? Are there any platforms that offer a all in 1 vpn product? Perhaps their is a billing solution available?

Thanks.