SecuredServers review.

I like to write brutally honest reviews.
    I've been with SecuredServers since December, IIRC. So that makes it around 6 months now.

Pros:
    • Decent price
    • Excellent facility
    • Excellent network
    • Personal approach to clients
    • Flexible

A little more detail:
    I got a server with them when they were running the 10TB special (not the 100TB one).

He set me up with a server, and had it done within 48 hours, with a little help from Steve with Rack911 (review for him later). He maintains contact with Chris, and bugged him to set it up quicker.
    Which is why it was set up pretty quickly I assume.

Anyway, he made the invoice for a few days later, so I wouldn't have to pay for an another month with my old provider in order to get the stuff moved over. So I had about 3 days to get it moved. I got that done pretty easily - so I didn't have to pay twice on the same month.

They also were happy to work out a deal for me, like many companies do, and I've got a pretty awesome deal with them.

That explains their flexibility in that kind of sense. If it makes sense (lol).

Their facility is new, and they have some awesome pictures. And their network is top notch. I've not experienced any downtime. And in their process of upgrading their network, they've always sent a notice to my email to let me know what's going on. It's generally a standard thing, but I like to know what's going on.

There's also a personal approach.
    I wanted an additional block of IP's. But with a white-label kind of approach.
    So instead of my details, it'd have their details. If you get what I'm saying.

They were happy to do that for me, and I got that done pretty easily, and with only a few problems.

Since the IP's will be used for a specific purpose, it was imperative that it would not have my companies name on it. (See white-label reselling).

Cons:
    • Not a great range of choice for hardware
    • Not many Xeons available
    • No SSD drives

That's about it really.
    They only offer SAS and SATA drives.
    There's no Velociraptor's or SSD drives available.
    There's only 3 types of Xeon's they advertise on their website. Also only one type of low-end server.
    So there's not a great choice. But I'm sure they have others in stock, they just don't advertise it.

I think as they grow, they'll probably get a wider variety. But for now, I'm very happy.

I'd rate this provider a 10/10 for everything really.
    I can't really complain about the cons, as what I have, fits my needs.

Also, while they may not be huge in terms of Softlayer's network. They do have a good amount of carriers where they are. They have 3 bandwidth providers (which may not be many). But I get to there within 10 hops from Australia which is saying something.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Also, while they may not be huge in terms of Softlayer's network. They do have a good amount of carriers where they are. They have 3 bandwidth providers (which may not be many). But I get to there within 10 hops from Australia which is saying something.
    I have a customer who utilizes a couple providers in LA, and he consistently gets better results to SecuredServers from Australia.
    Last edited by Steven; 05-20-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I wasn't complaining. They are very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    I wasn't complaining. They are very quick.
    I was backing your claim!
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Thanks for a very detailed review mate. Glad to hear that they have been wonderful for you. Keep us updated again in future.

I just purchased one via Steven @ Rack911 ... its only a few days ago but looking great so far.

Thanks for the review, Keep us updated in future
    COO, HostHatch, LLC

Edge Cloud Computing

I've been a very happy customer of SecuredServers for over half a year now with no issues or problems whatsoever.

Can you comment about SecuredServers's security posture? I supposed it should be a key aspect of their offering, no?

Quote Originally Posted by marcincapsula View Post
    Can you comment about SecuredServers's security posture? I supposed it should be a key aspect of their offering, no?
    The name really doesn't have much to do with their offerings, to be honest.

Great review yup definitely Securedservers is an amazing host.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Yep, we've servers there and they've been magnificent

Greetings,

I have always wanted to try them.

But still haven't got a response to my email which I had mailed about 2 months back .

Hope someone from SS reads this and responds.

Best Regards,
    Abhijit

Quote Originally Posted by handsomeabhi View Post
    Greetings,

But still haven't got a response to my email which I had mailed about 2 months back .

Best Regards,
    Abhijit
    Unusual. Try emailing Chris {-at-} securedservers dot com

Quote Originally Posted by handsomeabhi View Post
    Greetings,

Best Regards,
    Abhijit
    Hi there handsomeabhi-

Do you mind sending me an email directly at tj@securedservers. As soon as I receive it I will confirm receipt- and ensure we are receiving emails from your address correctly.

I'd love to see how we can help!
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai