Time for more bandwidth. Options at ~$1 / meg?

Hi everyone,

One of my customers seems to want a heck of a lot of high bandwidth servers, so I'm again in search of bandwidth. I would normally just add another HE line through giglinx, but they've recently increased the pricing on that, and it also requires a setup fee, so I'm not too keen on that right now.

Do you know anyone who can offer, out of the PhoenixNap PoP, a fully committed 1gig for $1k / mo or less, (setup fee acceptable), or $1250 / mo or less (without a setup fee)?

Also willing to consider a 1 gig line with 100-200 meg commit if the 95th price is $1.75 / meg or less.

Willing to consider all carriers and reputable resellers as long as it hits my price requirements. Direct port preferred in the case of resellers, but willing to consider indirect ports from reputable resellers.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Hi everyone,

One of my customers seems to want a heck of a lot of high bandwidth servers, so I'm again in search of bandwidth. I would normally just add another HE line through giglinx, but they've recently increased the pricing on that, and it also requires a setup fee, so I'm not too keen on that right now.

Do you know anyone who can offer, out of the PhoenixNap PoP, a fully committed 1gig for $1k / mo or less, (setup fee acceptable), or $1250 / mo or less (without a setup fee)?

Also willing to consider a 1 gig line with 100-200 meg commit if the 95th price is $1.75 / meg or less.

Willing to consider all carriers and reputable resellers as long as it hits my price requirements. Direct port preferred in the case of resellers, but willing to consider indirect ports from reputable resellers.
    you are only going to find such prices from cogent, or HE. No one else is going to touch that pricing or come close to it unless your doing multi gig commits. In other words no one else is desperate enough to drop pricing that low. If they did they would have tooooooooooooons of customers highly upset at the rate they pay vs the new rate and it would drive the bandwith market through the floor and frankly thats bad news for everyone.. everywhere.

if it was so easy for people to get sub 2/Mbps pricing everyone would be in a world of hurt and competition would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Hi everyone,

Your only option is going to be cogent for a 3yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Your only option is going to be cogent for a 3yr deal
    Heard back from both Cogent and Giglinx, and were able to get within my parameters from each of them on a 1 year deal.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

I heard Cogent no longer has 3 year deals