Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Trial plesk panel?

    I registered to get a trial plesk version but can not seem to send me confirmation email???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    116
    I believe you dont need to register, just follow this steps directly to get free PLESK for 1 domain name :

    mkdir /root/plesk
    cd /root/plesk
    wget http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk...entOS_5_x86_64
    chmod +x parallels_installer_v3.7.1_build101103.18_os_CentOS_5_x86_64
    ./parallels_installer_v3.7.1_build101103.18_os_CentOS_5_x86_64
    If there is any new version available, you might have to change those links

  3. #3
    Ok thanks. I have a problem instal plesk:

    Updated /etc/psa/psa.conf
    Unable to resolve host name.
    Please specify the host name in the /etc/hosts file
    or specify DNS configuration in the /etc/resolv.conf file on your system .

    **** Product prep-install started.

    ===> Checking for previous installation ... not found.
    head: cannot open `/usr/local/sb/.version' for reading: No such file or director y
    Create user 'psaadm' and group 'psaadm'
    Checking for the group 'psaadm'...
    Trying to add group 'psaadm'... done

    Checking for the user 'psaadm'...
    Trying to add user 'psaadm'... done

    Create group swkey-data
    Checking for the group 'swkey-data'...
    Trying to add group 'swkey-data'... done

    Checking for the group 'swkey-data'...
    Trying to add supplementary group 'swkey-data' for user 'psaadm'... done
    Create Mail accounts
    Checking for the group 'popuser'...
    Trying to add group 'popuser'... done

    Checking for the user 'popuser'...
    Trying to add user 'popuser'... done

    Checking for the user 'mhandlers-user'...
    Trying to add user 'mhandlers-user'... done

    Trying to got legacy variables... product conf not exists, nothing to be done
    Trying to save legacy variables... done
    Checking for the system groups and users necessary for ftp server...
    Checking for the group 'psaftp'...
    Trying to add group 'psaftp'... done

    Checking for the user 'psaftp'...
    Trying to add user 'psaftp'... done

    Warning!
    Unable to determine the host or domain name of your computer.
    Setting it to localhost.localdomain

    ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix an d try again

    ***** problem report *****
    ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix an d try again

    ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
    Warning! Not all packages were installed.
    Please check if your system services are operable.
    Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
    If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support f or assistance.
    [[email protected] ~]#

  4. #4
    Plesk and problems seem to go hand-in-hand. I suffered through version 8 and 9 and had nothing but problems, and the compan was not willing to give much for support. If you decide to stick with them after your trial.. Be very weary of updates. Don't update unless you have to.

    Good luck

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    293
    Also, don't cross major versions as this will require a new license key. And beware of Version 9 as Parallels slipped in a major version wall at 9.5. So if you have 9.0, you can only upgrade as far as 9.3 without requiring a new license.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,050
    I would always recommend staying away from Plesk. I had a very hard time for last two days since during upgrade, the Plesk panel of a Virtuozzo container was corrupted. I somehow managed to resolve the issue myself. I would warn against using Plesk for hosting.
    Prashant T.

    Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    439
    If you want to try free control panel, look at website panel which is promising.
    IBEE Hosting
    ------------------
    Dedicated Servers in India | Google Apps Reseller

  8. #8
    It can not be installed again, same error

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by rootserver View Post
    Ok thanks. I have a problem instal plesk:

    Updated /etc/psa/psa.conf
    Unable to resolve host name.
    Please specify the host name in the /etc/hosts file
    or specify DNS configuration in the /etc/resolv.conf file on your system .

    **** Product prep-install started.

    ===> Checking for previous installation ... not found.
    head: cannot open `/usr/local/sb/.version' for reading: No such file or director y
    Create user 'psaadm' and group 'psaadm'
    Checking for the group 'psaadm'...
    Trying to add group 'psaadm'... done

    Checking for the user 'psaadm'...
    Trying to add user 'psaadm'... done

    Create group swkey-data
    Checking for the group 'swkey-data'...
    Trying to add group 'swkey-data'... done

    Checking for the group 'swkey-data'...
    Trying to add supplementary group 'swkey-data' for user 'psaadm'... done
    Create Mail accounts
    Checking for the group 'popuser'...
    Trying to add group 'popuser'... done

    Checking for the user 'popuser'...
    Trying to add user 'popuser'... done

    Checking for the user 'mhandlers-user'...
    Trying to add user 'mhandlers-user'... done

    Trying to got legacy variables... product conf not exists, nothing to be done
    Trying to save legacy variables... done
    Checking for the system groups and users necessary for ftp server...
    Checking for the group 'psaftp'...
    Trying to add group 'psaftp'... done

    Checking for the user 'psaftp'...
    Trying to add user 'psaftp'... done

    Warning!
    Unable to determine the host or domain name of your computer.
    Setting it to localhost.localdomain

    ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix an d try again

    ***** problem report *****
    ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_10.2.0_installation.log), fix an d try again

    ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
    Warning! Not all packages were installed.
    Please check if your system services are operable.
    Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
    If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support f or assistance.
    [[email protected] ~]#
    You must have your server's hostname defined in your /etc/hosts file for a proper installation of Plesk. We have a 'pre-install check script' on our website that will check these things for you and alert you prior to running the installation.

    I'd recommend updating your /etc/hosts file, running the check script to confirm there are no other issues, and giving the re-install a go.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by centauricw View Post
    Also, don't cross major versions as this will require a new license key. And beware of Version 9 as Parallels slipped in a major version wall at 9.5. So if you have 9.0, you can only upgrade as far as 9.3 without requiring a new license.
    To clarify, this is only true of Purchased licenses. Leased licenses can be upgraded whenever the license owner wishes. Like most sofware vendors, we require for perpetual licenses an active Software Update Service (SUS) to upgrade between major versions. As well, the purchase of a perpetual license includes one year of SUS complementary.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by ibee View Post
    If you want to try free control panel, look at website panel which is promising.
    It looks like the OP is using Linux, so Microsoft Website Panel wouldn't be an option here.

  12. #12
    Kloxo will also work if you don't have to go over 48 domains.

  13. #13
    When typing / etc / host writes to me "bash: /etc/hosts: Permission denied"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by rootserver View Post
    When typing / etc / host writes to me "bash: /etc/hosts: Permission denied"
    Please execute the following commands:
    # whoami
    # ls -l /etc/hosts

    Also, it looks like you're trying to execute the hosts file. You'll want to open it in a text editor like vim, emacs, or nano like so:

    # vim /etc/hosts

    (or replace vim w/ your preferred text editor)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    To clarify, on those first two commands, please let us know the output. Basically, I'm trying to make sure that you're actually logged in as root and that /etc/hosts has the proper permissions set on it.

  16. #16
    Thank you so but could not. I just typed "hostname ipserver(********)" I installed plesk on server.
    I want trial version.

    Request for Trial License Successfully Created
    Thank you for your interest in Parallels Plesk Panel. Your request for a Panel trial license was successfully created. The system is now generating your license, and will e-mail the license key to you as soon as it is ready. Please check check your e-mail in several minutes.

    NOT received anything in email?
    Last edited by rootserver; 05-21-2011 at 12:00 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    The e-mail includes a ZIP file (which is the license), so make sure your spam filters aren't catching it. I will separately send you a key myself too.

    Also, to be sure, you were able to get it installed OK?

  18. #18
    Thansk!!!!! Now it's ok...

Similar Threads

  1. Plesk Pro vs. Plesk Panel
    By Skeptical in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  2. Plesk vs. C-Panel / Control Panel?
    By wf19 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
  3. Trial plesk vps
    By orlando_myers in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 12:02 AM
  4. Control Panel trial softwares - Plz Help
    By chinaman in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 AM
  5. New QuadraSuite Control Panel -- FREE SIX-MONTH TRIAL!
    By bombino in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •