Currently with Fasthosts - looking to get out of there!

Having had some issues with Fasthosts recently, primarily with the incompetent technical support, I was looking for advice where to move next.

We require web hosting with the option of having exchange hosting. Any recommendations?

Could you please explain more clearly what you mean by exchange hosting. I don't get the point.
    █▌ Cheapest Shared Hosting Solutions with 17+ Server Locations.
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,OKPAY, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, STP.
    █▌ Web Hosting, Offshore Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting by HostNesta.com!

How do you mean exchange hosting, elaboration might be useful
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Nick! I feel your pain! I have been trying to solve a clients issue for the last week now. The password reset doesnt work... they dont reply to emails (unless its an automated reply telling me they haven't read my email). Anyone got any email addys that they reply to?!
    Bath-Hosting.co.uk UK Based Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Domains, IP / SSL Services
    █ Softaculous | 99.9% uptime | 24/7 support | CPanel | WHM

I think the OP means free site transfer. I think...

With exchange hosting how many mailboxes are you looking for?
    Wahid
    Domains | Web Hosting | SSL | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Cloud and more
    www.123-reg.co.uk | www.webfusion.co.uk/.com/.es

I'm looking for a provider that can offer hosting with PHP and MySQL for our web site.must also be able to offer a hosted Exchange service as we don't have our own Exchange server here in the office. I thought the term hosted exchange was pretty common?

Personally, I use a very reliable company for hosting, but they run a Linux Cpanel setup and don't offer a hosted Exchange.

UK or US based? P.S. let me know if you find an email for FastHosts...
    Bath-Hosting.co.uk UK Based Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Domains, IP / SSL Services
    █ Softaculous | 99.9% uptime | 24/7 support | CPanel | WHM

FastHosts are a complete nightmare! Even trying to change nameservers on a domain becomes a marathon of endurance.

What requirements are you looking for? apart from Exchange and in terms of spec etc...?

Other than exchange we're only hosting a basic site (currently). There isn't a huge source of traffic, it's more of a web presence. It's using PHP and mySQL.

Take a look at EZPZHosting if you're looking for a UK location.

Nick--

If you do not mind, can you elaborate a little more regarding why you feel their support is incompetent? I know this thread is about finding a new host, but your insight might also help other people avoid the same mistak.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Nick--

If you do not mind, can you elaborate a little more regarding why you feel their support is incompetent? I know this thread is about finding a new host, but your insight might also help other people avoid the same mistak.
    I had an issue whereby I had an email being duplicated. Every morning our managing director would have his email blocked because the duplicate email was over filling his account over night. I placed a junk mail filter on this particular address but it had no effect.

I rang technical support to see if i could stop this particular email. What should have taken a couple of minutes to understand, took over 40 minutes. I've since had updated email with the status of the call, the notes didn't reflect what i was saying. When i responded by email, I heard nothing and 48 hours later the call was closed as they'd not heard anything. Yet, when I ring the technical line again, they find the email.