Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pacific Host Review - Must read it before signup

Hi,
    I'm pacific host user from 10 Feb 2010.I had no problem with them. I never contacted their support. But from apr to now I have a worst experience of my life with them. Here is my review about pacific host.

25 Apr: My all websites was down and I was unable to login to my WHM.I contacted their live chat support and they told me to open a ticket.(as usual, the live chat is another scam. The person who is online on live chat support is not a technical person. He is online to say just open a ticket). Any ways I opened a ticket. And they fixed my primary domain only and my WHM access. Sorry I forgot to mention they shut down all of my websites without any prior notice of maintenance. They removed all my domains from my account. I emailed them they said me to make a list of domains(how could I remember). I made a list of important domains and send them, then they activated the provided domains after after 4 days(29th Apr).

5 Mar: I Paid my invoice

6 Mar: They suspended my all domains. And took the WHM rights from me. I made a ticket again, they replied me to check name servers(Support sucks). Everything was ok.

7 Mar Next day they found the issue that my all websites was suspended 'cause of abuse. They forward my ticket to abuse department. They whole day gone no reply received from support or abuse department.

8 Mar They fixed my account I got my WHM right back. But they suspended and locked my one domain *****intl.com, I emailed them why this domain is locked and suspended why I can't un suspend this domain. No reply received.

9 Mar No reply

10 Mar Admin asked the problem again "What exactly is the problem and how can I help you?

Regards,
    Thomas Perry
    President & CEO"

11 Mar They forward me an email which was sent by spam cop that the locked domain was doing spam. After 4 days we found the issue that why my website is suspended. We looked at the email, this message was sent by some Google group and my website link was use without my information. I asked pacific host that you should atleat warn me or inform me about that. They didn't reply, I asked them how to fix this issue and what they want from me. They unsuspended the website.

13 May They suspended my account again. Reason the received the spam cop email again. They suspended my all websites again. After few tickets the issue was sort out and they asked me to move the 2 websites from their server. I agreed I moved those websites and asked them a backup. Now everything was ok again.

I was bugging them every day for backup. But I've not received it yet(19 mar).

18 Mar They suspended my account again. With no reason. today is 19th Mar they don't reply to my tickets.

Once I get backup of my all websites I'll find another host. I'll never recommend anyone for pacific host 'cause they don't reply to tickets after 4 days. They don't provide live chat. They didn't mentioned the time to call them. Whenever I call them it says call us on working hours. I chat with live chat again now they are saying to make a ticket to sales department. Let's see how much time they will take to fix this issue.

Regards,
    Last edited by fahdi; 05-19-2011 at 02:56 AM.

What domain(s) have you hosted with them? You provided one, but its name was censored. Why did you choose Pacific host? They oversell and their website design looks a bit childish (no offense, just my own personal impression which may be wrong).
    Try to look for non-overselling host and try your future host live chat/ticket support. Good luck with your next host

Wow, you have gone through hell during this period.

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    What domain(s) have you hosted with them? You provided one, but its name was censored. Why did you choose Pacific host? They oversell and their website design looks a bit childish (no offense, just my own personal impression which may be wrong).
    Try to look for non-overselling host and try your future host live chat/ticket support. Good luck with your next host
    I don't want to advertise my domains here that's why I didn't mentioned the domain name. It was 20-25 domains. Why I chose Pacific Host? I don't know I searched for reseller hosting provider and somehow I found them. I did live chat with them, they said they will move my all domains from my old hosting provider free of cost. They also provide ffmpeg and so and so.. I thought It's a good host for me. It was a good host for me until I used their support. But now... I don't need to mention any thing.

How could I find non-overselling and good host who reply within 10 min to their customers.

I'll move once I get backup of my websites.

Quote Originally Posted by aselmani View Post
    Wow, you have gone through hell during this period.
    Yeah! All of my clients are eating my head and asking their money back.

Have you tried getting a refund? I think suspending your website without notice is a big no, but we also must hear their side of the story.

looks like the older hosts have a tendency to oversell. New hosts may be better in this regard
    hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!

Quote Originally Posted by TinyVox View Post
    Have you tried getting a refund? I think suspending your website without notice is a big no, but we also must hear their side of the story.
    If you want. I can show the tickets that I posted to them. And I can paste the live chat logs here. Every time I asked them if you can't provide me the support and you don't care of your economy reseller customers (Sorry I forgot to mentioned that I signed up for a economy reseller plan) then please refund me the amount that I paid you this month with the websites backup. No reply received from pacific host, how could I get the refund, how could I get this issue resolve they even don't know what they are replying. Today I asked their live support that how could I check my opened tickets in my clients area. He said "I don't have any idea, If we have this option we will email you".

Now suppose who is providing live chat support. I've a headache I'm tired now. They don't reply in minutes they takes hours and days.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by TinyVox View Post
    I think suspending your website without notice is a big no, but we also must hear their side of the story.

But What if someone is not providing you support. Someone makes you fool with foolish reply. Someone is making you fool by saying that I'll provide you 27/4 live chat support.

what about now? have you got any solution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincxu View Post
    what about now? have you got any solution yet?
    No! I'm still waiting for reply! They have not responded yet.

Here I thought they were good, I mean they had people around review sites spamming on how good Pacifichost was and then bashing our service when they were never a client to begin with, it is such a shame they are not as good as I thought they were.

Its all a nightmare. I know resellers power the hosting world! Possibly they don't know what they have got until they loose you.

Just wait for the reply from there you will find a head way. You can see the whole WHT family is there to assist.
    █▌ Cheapest Shared Hosting Solutions with 17+ Server Locations.
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,OKPAY, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, STP.
    █▌ Web Hosting, Offshore Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting by HostNesta.com!

PS: Sorry I wrote Mar instead of May it's May not Mar.

6 hours gone! Still no reply from the great support of Pacific Host

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Thomas will probably be along shortly to explain Pacific Host's side of the story. Let's see....
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

We already knew that they were scam as they were posting around the review sites as if they ever had been our customer and that our company was bad and how good their company was on the contrary. They were signaling it all by how dirty they play and now they got it all back. We do not feel sorry for them nor do we feel the need to listen to their side of the story as we already know their business ethics.
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company

Quote Originally Posted by Ceko View Post
    We already knew that they were scam as they were posting around the review sites as if they ever had been our customer and that our company was bad and how good their company was on the contrary. They were signaling it all by how dirty they play and now they got it all back. We do not feel sorry for them nor do we feel the need to listen to their side of the story as we already know their business ethics.
    That's a little harsh, it's it?
    Despite any dirty business they've done on review sites (which imho all review sites are bias in some form) ... PacificHost might have a perfectly legit reason for suspending the account. From the OP, it looks like one of the sites was spamming. I don't know about you, but we suspend accounts that are found to be spamming.

I do agree though, PH doesn't need to suspend the whole reseller account, and they need to be more responsive and proactive about communicating with their customers... especially in the case of a suspended account.
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

Well if they were legit they would've never felt the need to make fake reviews about other WHT member hosts while praising themselves. By doing that they just prove their ideology of doing business. As long as we know their way of doing business we tend to believe that they must be faulty.
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company

Quote Originally Posted by citywidehost View Post
    That's a little harsh, it's it?
    Despite any dirty business they've done on review sites (which imho all review sites are bias in some form) ... PacificHost might have a perfectly legit reason for suspending the account. From the OP, it looks like one of the sites was spamming. I don't know about you, but we suspend accounts that are found to be spamming.

I do agree though, PH doesn't need to suspend the whole reseller account, and they need to be more responsive and proactive about communicating with their customers... especially in the case of a suspended account.
    @citywebhost
    This time they suspended my whole reseller account for no reason and they are saying that they did it for "Multiple account sending spam messages". They didn't provided the domain names yet who are sending spams.

At 13th May they suspended my whole account after whole day communication we sort out that 2 domains are sending out spams. They asked me to move those domains to some other some. Pacific Host will not host it. I agreed!

Now both domains which were sending spam emails(According to pacific host)are hosted on other hosting provider.

But My all websites are down for no reason and they are saying only one Suspension Reason: Multiple Accounts Sending out Spam

They even did not investigated the spam issue. Spam message was sent by some Google Group and this group sent an email and used my client's website link without informing him. And someone sent this email to Spam Cop and they blocked my account. They should complaint Google about that group which was sending spam but they didn't do this they blocked the websites.

If you want to know how they provide support I can post my tickets here. And live chat will give you a great laugh.
    Last edited by fahdi; 05-19-2011 at 11:08 AM.

If you want to know how they provide support I can post my tickets here. And live chat will give you a great laugh.
    yes it would be interesting

Looks like there isnt much coordination between their managemnet and support from a previous negative review about pacifichost
    Last edited by Manjusha4serveradmin; 05-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.

After 6.5 hours I received a reply from great support. After 6.5 hours they forwarded my issue to relevant department.

"Hello,

I am forwarding your ticket to our abuse department they will get back to you shortly.

Regards,
    Jesse Siegel
    PacificHost Customer Support
    http://www.pacifichost.com/ "

Sure! let me extract emails. I'll post here soon.

Regards,

This is not at all good, if you display that you provide 24/7 support then one should not take so much time. I can recommend you to go with a reliable webhost and avoid all sorts of inconvenience.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    looks like the older hosts have a tendency to oversell. New hosts may be better in this regard
    New webhosting companies usually only have few customers in the beginning so their server performance should be very good during that time - if they can manage their hosting well.

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number

@Wellwishr,
    Thanks. But for moving to another host I need backup of my all website. I need my websites to be online! I'm requesting again and again but they are not giving any valid reply! Still waiting for the response from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    yes it would be interesting

Looks like there isnt much coordination between their managemnet and support from a previous negative review about pacifichost
    As discussed above I agreed to move 2 domains to other server at 13th May. But they didn't provide me the backup of websites. This is the live chat log before suspension of account(2nd time suspension).

19:50 Jesse Siegel: I checked and the admins have replied to the ticket so you ned to up[date the ticket so that the admins will check and get back to you with the suggestion
    19:51 Rashid Khan: I already did it. Five days gone. I think your admin is too much busy... And you have so many good clients and you compare your clients for providing support.
    19:52 Rashid Khan: No body think that they should reply to a 10$ customer
    19:52 Jesse Siegel: What was the last reply on the ticket
    19:52 Jesse Siegel: Please let me know
    19:55 Rashid Khan: "A backup of P***RT***INTL.COM. was already moved to the public_html directory of your primary account."
    19:55 Rashid Khan: Please check public_html folder of fa****med.com
    19:55 Rashid Khan: you will find nothing...
    19:56 Jesse Siegel: So for that please update the ticket so that the admins will check and get back to you soon on this
    19:56 Rashid Khan: I think you don't care about me(or all of your customers)
    19:56 Rashid Khan: I already did it (11 hours ago)
    19:57 Jesse Siegel: Let me recheck again
    19:57 Rashid Khan: 11 hours are too much for a ticket.
    19:58 Rashid Khan: Please tell me one thing do you really provide support to your customers? 11 hours...
    19:58 Rashid Khan: I think you don't provide support to your economy reseller clients
    19:58 Jesse Siegel: Rashid I checked the ticket and we havent received your reply and hence it was delay in replying
    19:58 Rashid Khan: as After 15 days my issue is still pending
    19:58 Jesse Siegel: Please dont misunderstand us
    19:58 Rashid Khan: I didn't find it in public_html directory of fahdahmed.com Please advice me where it is? I've lost 5 days in this conversation but still not received the backup link. Thanks for a marvelous support Regards, - Show quoted text -
    19:58 Rashid Khan: This is what I wrote
    19:58 Jesse Siegel: we give equal support to all our clients
    19:59 Rashid Khan: Don't tell lie my bro
    19:59 Jesse Siegel: But we havent received your reply
    19:59 Rashid Khan: from Fahd Ahmed [email protected]**di.net to [email protected] cc [email protected] date Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM subject Re: [#QMV-695-61075]: I need the backup of my website mailed-by fahdi.net hide details 1:29 PM (11 hours ago) I didn't find it in public_html directory of fa****med.com Please advice me where it is? I've lost 5 days in this conversation but still not received the backup link. Thanks for a marvelous support Regards,
    19:59 Rashid Khan: So want to say that google mail server was down and still down after 11 hours and didn't sent an email to you
    19:59 Rashid Khan: what a laugh
    20:00 Jesse Siegel: Sorry we havent received it
    20:00 Rashid Khan: alright. no problem let me send you an email again. Tell me the estimated time of your reply... I want to write a review of your service.
    20:01 Jesse Siegel: Once we get the reply we will check and gte back to yo usoon .

PS: I'm using Google Apps for my domains. And they says that they don't receive my emails .

why did you not backup all ur clients data when you have the opportunity ?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

9 Hours No Reply. The last reply was from [email protected]

They said they forwarded my case to abuse department visit this link

http://www.pacifichost.com/contact-us.shtml

You will find level3 as abuse department. Now I don't know where they forwarded my issue.

If Thomas is here at WHT. Please reply what is going on with your company.

Quote Originally Posted by fahdi View Post
    @Wellwishr,
    Thanks. But for moving to another host I need backup of my all website. I need my websites to be online! I'm requesting again and again but they are not giving any valid reply! Still waiting for the response from there.
    running the backup script for about 20 domains at same time will cause cpu spike, they might get some reasons to suspend your account again

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Kusman View Post
    why did you not backup all ur clients data when you have the opportunity ?
    huh! I thought everything is OK now. I've moved the domains which was abusing. But I was wrong.

**** The backup of 2 website *** They didn't give me the opportunity to take the backup of both. They suspended it without notification. I waiting for 5 days, every day they said same thing we will reply you shortly. You can see the above chat log after 5 days they were saying that they have uploaded the backup on my primary domain. But it was not there, at live chat I asked jesse that it's not there he said reply to the ticket(as usual, he didn't provided me the support, simply asked me to reply the ticket)

I did already 11 hours ago he said that they haven't received it. I'm using Google Apps for my email and he was saying that they didn't received the email.

huh! I thought everything is OK now. I've moved the domains which was abusing. But I was wrong.

**** The backup of 2 website *** They didn't give me the opportunity to take the backup of both. They suspended it without notification. I waiting for 5 days, every day they said same thing we will reply you shortly. You can see the above chat log after 5 days they were saying that they have uploaded the backup on my primary domain. But it was not there, at live chat I asked jesse that it's not there he said reply to the ticket(as usual, he didn't provided me the support, simply asked me to reply the ticket)

I did already 11 hours ago he said that they haven't received it. I'm using Google Apps for my email and he was saying that they didn't received the email.
    yes, i could see the log.
    probably somewhere the email was missing into the ocean..

hopefully this issue will get resolved immediately.

i see pacifichost has brought u under their feet by withholding ur backups

Any professional webhost would not delay and immediately provide time for their client to take backups and migrate to another host.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Kusman View Post
    running the backup script for about 20 domains at same time will cause cpu spike, they might get some reasons to suspend your account again
    I didn't run any script. I didn't abuse their server from last year. The spam cop issue was sudden attack for me. I don't know who use my client's domain link in his group. I asked them to investigate the issue. But they didn't.

This is what I wrote them and requested them to re-investigate the spam issue.

"Sure! I'm not asking you to re-enable the account. My request is just that please re-investigate the issue. Please check your server logs. It's not possible that your server is used to do spams. Please... I'll be very thankful. I'm sure you will find us innocent.

Please give us another chance. Block my account to use smtp, for security. But don't block the websites please. We don't need email service 'cause we use google apps for it.

Regards,"

I didn't run any script. I didn't abuse their server from last year. The spam cop issue was sudden attack for me. I don't know who use my client's domain link in his group. I asked them to investigate the issue. But they didn't.

This is what I wrote them and requested them to re-investigate the spam issue.

"Sure! I'm not asking you to re-enable the account. My request is just that please re-investigate the issue. Please check your server logs. It's not possible that your server is used to do spams. Please... I'll be very thankful. I'm sure you will find us innocent.

Please give us another chance. Block my account to use smtp, for security. But don't block the websites please. We don't need email service 'cause we use google apps for it.

Regards,"
    i had the same case with you before, whereby the ip was considered as spam.. in some cases, this is a false alarm and just need to email to spamcop to release your ip.

what im saying is, if they enabled ur account and you wanted to backup all your domains/cpanel, it would cause the cpu surge..

so, be wise.

[QUOTE=Benny Kusman;7461696]i had the same case with you before, whereby the ip was considered as spam.. in some cases, this is a false alarm and just need to email to spamcop to release your ip.

what im saying is, if they enabled ur account and you wanted to backup all your domains/cpanel, it would cause the cpu surge..

so, be wise.</QOUTE>

Thanks for your kind advice!

Right now I'm burning. I've switched off my phone. 'cause my clients will kill me.

I can't think anything, I'm just dying to receive earliest reply from Pacific Host.
    Last edited by fahdi; 05-19-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot qoute

i think the best is to ask ur client to refer to this thread so that they can have a clear picture of what is going on.

12 hours gone! Still no answer from Pacific Host.

Check Pacific Host website. The 24/7 live chat support is offline today! How can I contact them! I'm tired now. There's no way to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by citywidehost View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Thomas will probably be along shortly to explain Pacific Host's side of the story. Let's see....
    Probably Thomas is not in this Planet! I'm dying to read his reply. 15 hours gone! no reply received from their side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast