Thread: What is SEO?

What is SEO?

Hello i am new in this forum.
    Please tell me what is search engine optimization? I want to learn optimization. All detail tell so i learn and earn.
      0 Not allowed!

hi

It is the process of getting traffic from the organic listings on search engines.

there are lots of seo book available on internet.

download book from /searchengineland.com/guide/what-is-seo
      0 Not allowed!

SEO stand for Search Engine Optimization, Bacicly SEO is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. And SEO helps you get traffic from search engines. You can find lots of SEO books of how you can learn SEO online and this is a way to earn money as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Please tell me what is search engine optimization? I want to learn optimization. All detail tell so i learn and earn.
    In Simple and Short words, SEO is all about making Website Search Engine Friendly.and further you can discuss on Google.
      0 Not allowed!

SEO is Search Engine Optimization.Its not as simple as just three letter words.This means a lot.Two techniques are used for this.On page SEO and Off page SEO.We are working on Off page SEO.So, we follow the methods like blog posting, article posting, forum posting, social book marking, classified submission, directory submission and press release submission.These methods are helpful for getting back link, visitors and also PR.
      0 Not allowed!

SEO stands for search engine optimization which mean to optimize the website on the 1st page of google in organic listing.
    websites can be two types. organic listing or ppc(pay per click campaign) or google Edward. in ppc you have to pay on every click to google and these sites appears on the top colored area of google or in the right hand side of the google page. in the other hand the websites which appeaser in the middle area are known organic listing or click free listing where u need nothing to pay to google on clicks.
    so by SEO you can bring your site form ppc to organic listing
    also google analysis says that more then 85% customers visit the sites which appears in organic listing. being an SEO Expert i think so that if any one convert his site from ppc to organic listing it is more beneficial for the owner to increase web traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

There is a lot of good topics in this forums around SEO... I'd suggest reading them. There is not a lot of room here to squeeze in what SEO is all about.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder why this question always appear all the time.
    But you need to know if you do interest in search engine optimization.
    Seem they have told you that what is SEO and what is onsite and offiste SEO.
    Then i would tell you that SEO do have 3 role which is white SEO, grey SEO and black SEO.
    White SEO: stay clean and do not do anything against and violent any rules.
    Grey SEO: stay in the middle so that they won't get catch by Google.
    Black SEO: which use the unwelcome method to push SEO like spam all around.
      0 Not allowed!

Search engine Optimization is way of getting ethical(Natural) search engine ranking with relevant targeted highly competitive keywords.

It is a website promotional technique with the help of internet worlds wide.If you need to promote your product, services or business worlds wide then search engine optimization is best and cheap way of advertisement by Internet.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrick View Post
    Grey SEO: stay in the middle so that they won't get catch by Google.
    Grey Hat SEO is still risky because Google is very smart now, they can catch anytime.
      0 Not allowed!

At present, companies and web managers are using a variety of methods to build traffic for their online entities. SEO is among workable solutions which actually is a long term process to be done, involving making web pages in a way that would be liked by both people as well as search engines so that gradually, their ranks for selected main keyterms get improved over the net. On/off page optimization would be among major issues to raise in here.

Using free or paid methods, websites need to get optimized from on page and off page aspects. Their contents need to contain the targeted terms, added in a natural way, and some incoming links from other domains and resources too would be definitely needed. Based on how competitive the targeted niches are, some weeks or months of constant work would be required before placements get improved on search engines.
      0 Not allowed!

SEO is a science and art at the same time. It is science to make your website Search engine friendly and an art to drive more traffic towards your website. There are a lot of materials on web to learn SEO, you should choose reading materials from trusted sources like google's blog.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jonhylever View Post
    Hi jonhylever,

I hope you will have a fair understanding of what seo is all about by others answer. To start learning I am sharing Google SEO starter guide link. Hope it helps.
    URL: http://static.googleusercontent.com/...rter-guide.pdf

Regards,
    Shruti
    Mobile App Development Company
    Mobile Programming for iOs, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry
      0 Not allowed!

As people told you above already SEO means working hard on drawing traffic to your site and get it on the first page on Google. There are a lot of tools availabale on internet wich will help you to attend your goals.
      0 Not allowed!

SEO is the progress to make your site become popular to users.
      0 Not allowed!