Thread: XML sitemap

XML sitemap

My flash games portal has an "old-style" sitemap listing all the games and the pages on the website.

I was wondering if building a XML sitemap would really help with Google ranking or not, any opininions?
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-29-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Removed URL
    Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Lowpoly Studios founder | AskFlashGames owner
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by m3xican View Post
    My flash games portal has an "old-style" sitemap listing all the games and the pages on the website.

I was wondering if building a XML sitemap would really help with Google ranking or not, any opininions?
    It won't help in google ranking that much but it helps google to reach each and every link so its advisable to make it.
      0 Not allowed!

I've never noticed an impact in search rankings, but it helps search engines keep up to date with your content. For instance <changefreq> will alert search engines to crawl your pages for updates at intervals; as chauhan said, a sitemap will also help every page on your site get indexed. In my experience <priority> hardly makes a difference.
      0 Not allowed!

I am agree with "chauhan". Sitemap provides a path to spider to craw all links available on websites. Sometimes spider not able to crawl inner pages of website but if you have create xml file then it will help it to reach on inner links easily.
      0 Not allowed!

thank you

Well, it seems a XML sitemap is useful, but not essential, so I added it to my TODO list, but with a low priority.

Thanks everybody for the replies!
      0 Not allowed!

I have submit my sitemap to google for about 1 month, there is no index yet...
      0 Not allowed!

Google can accept Sitemaps in a number of formats, but I recommend creating a Sitemap based on the Sitemap protocol because the same file can be submitted to the other search engines.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by emarketingchina View Post
    I have submit my sitemap to google for about 1 month, there is no index yet...
    Have u submitted it via Google Webmaster Central?
      0 Not allowed!

no it will not, a site map will just let google to crawl your website more easily.
      0 Not allowed!

if you want to index your webpages just create an sitemap and upload it on google webmaster tool
      0 Not allowed!

Website sitemap are two types One is HTML sitemap and second one is XML sitemap. now we can explain here only XML sitemap.

XML sitemap are created in website only for search engine point of view because sitemap is a table of content of all the web pages that way when crawler move in your website then your all the webpages are going to index by Search engine crawler and for this your website domain value are going up in search engine eyes.
      0 Not allowed!

Creation of an XML sitemap won't improve your website's Google rankings directly, it rather makes your communication as a webmaster with Google easier.

An XML sitemap is an accepted format that Google comprehends best (contrary to HTML). It's a file that lists all the pages you want to show up in SERPs with info on how frequently you actually update them. BTW, there are tools that make the job easier, e.g. WebSite Auditor which comes with a built-in XML Sitemap Generator
      0 Not allowed!