* NEED Shared Hosting with Dedicated IP

Looking to activate a shared hosting account Immediately.

Willing to pay premium pricing, monthly or quarterly

Need

-activation today
    -cpanel/whm
    -dedicated IP? (so i can simply forward the domain without changing dns at namecheap and run immediately)

and here are the biggie deal breakers:

1) TELEPHONE or LIVE CHAT TECH SUPPORT (not just for sales)
    2) USA BASED

This is for an e-commerce site hosting a custom script.
    5/50 or 10/100 should be a good enough start for space/datatransfer but need to be able to upgrade soon

what company's fit this profile?
    Maurice W. Evans, Viral Advertising Expert
    Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach (Jay Conrad Levinson) | Certified Leadership Trainer (John C. Maxwell)
    www.iGROWyourBiz.com | 1-800-691-2WIN

If you dont mind paying then I would maybe suggest a small VPS, good for long term! You could get a good VPS with cPanel for around 15/$25 per month then you will have a dedicated IP, and most companies will have a VPS setup almost straight away.

If you just want to go shared hosting then I would suggest maybe some one like copahost.com or hostgator.com.

Hope this helps

*EDIT: A good amount of companies are now requiring an SSL to be placed on the IP either brought from them or provided before an IP can be enabled on your account. This is a way for them to meet the terms of their Data Centre for IP usage requirements. Might add extra to your needs.
    Last edited by AeonCube; 05-18-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added extra comment.

Quote Originally Posted by igrowyourbiz View Post
    5/50 or 10/100 should be a good enough start for space/datatransfer but need to be able to upgrade soon

what do you mean by 5/50 and 10 /100 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShashiKant View Post
    what do you mean by 5/50 and 10 /100 ?
    He wrote "space/datatransfer".

What is your Budget?

I think HostGator would probably be your best choice for shared. If you want to go VPS there are other choices.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

So basically you are looking for a reseller plan, what is your monthly budget? Also, is there any specific reason why you need WHM?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Not many hosts offer 24/7 support via Live Chat.. But I think HostGator does. I can't really think of any other ones that are in the U.S. and offer this, though.

Any particular reason why 24/7 ticket/email support is not acceptable?
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    Not many hosts offer 24/7 support via Live Chat.. But I think HostGator does. I can't really think of any other ones that are in the U.S. and offer this, though.

Because more contact methods that provide live support where you can have instant back and forth communication is better than limited options of support with downtime between communications.

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post

There are actually a number of US based hosting companies that have 24 hr phone support. Verio would be one of the larger ones but there are also small companies that make themselves available 24/7.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Looking to activate a shared hosting account Immediately.

Willing to pay premium pricing, monthly or quarterly

Need

-activation today
    -cpanel/whm
    -dedicated IP? (so i can simply forward the domain without changing dns at namecheap and run immediately)

and here are the biggie deal breakers:

1) TELEPHONE or LIVE CHAT TECH SUPPORT (not just for sales)
    2) USA BASED

This is for an e-commerce site hosting a custom script.

what company's fit this profile?
    Check out Hostgator's business shared. Check their response time to live chat and give them a call. I would be surprised if you have to wait longer than 30s to connect to a live person.
    Business plan includes IP and SSL.

sorry let me add no oversellers or "unlimited" hosts

that means hostgator is OUT
    Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach (Jay Conrad Levinson) | Certified Leadership Trainer (John C. Maxwell)

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    Because more contact methods that provide live support where you can have instant back and forth communication is better than limited options of support with downtime between communications.
    exactly, as the customer, my time is more valuable than theirs

ticket systems are just trackable email. Something that can be resolved in 2 minutes via chat or phone would take up to an hour (if i sit and wait for responses) by ticket system.

More if I actually have better things to do than wait for a response, that has nothing more than another question instead of an answer.

also, phone/chat SUPPORT DOES NOT have to be 24/7 business hours are fine.

I would take a look at RailsPlayground if I was you.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

ordering from verio to try out

thanks guys!

if that does not work out for you rshosting offer 24x7 live chat tech support and have servers in the USA
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED
    -> QUALITY XEN & OpenVZ VPS HOSTING
    -> PHOENIX & MIAMI USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU
    -> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

I used SurpassHosting.com (one of the HostDime.com companies) and think they would fit your requirements. They are reliable, have ticket support 24/7, and if you go with HostDime.com instead of SurpassHosting, telephone tech support 24/7. They also have an upgrade path that you could follow as you grow.

I found them pretty good in the support department. I think all their servers are in their Orlando, FL DC, but they may have added more locations by now.

ordering from verio to try out

thanks guys!
    How is Verio not an overseller? They offer unlimited disk space and 6tb+ of bandwidth on shared accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    How is Verio not an overseller? They offer unlimited disk space and 6tb+ of bandwidth on shared accounts.
    I remember when Verio was not overselling, they used to offer a pretty good service (not sure how their service is now however). The only complaint I used to get about Verio web hosting was that it was a little pricey. Kinda sad to see them claiming to offer unlimited services.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

sorry let me add no oversellers or "unlimited" hosts

that means hostgator is OUT
    Do you prefer a probably untrusted company which offers no overselling (how can we really know?) than a provider like hostgator ?

Ok yah, didnt know verio was overselling, also, problems already from what the sales person told me could be done, and now after setup...a new transfer has to be set up because it wont work (they gave me mysql 4 instead of 5...supposedly a phone call would upgrade, it did not...now will take quite some time to actually get up and running)

Long story short..>STILL LOOKING

and sorry, hostgator is "popular" but not "trusted" IMO

I wont ever use hostgator

I need a TRUSTED company not making outrageous claims

STILL LOOKING*

HOSTDIME is out

they offer

unlimited disk space, unlimited harddrive and unlimited everything else for $10 per month smh

what is this industry coming to?

any SINCERE hosts out there left?

I am trying hard not to set up a dedicated server for this, but looks like I am going to have to

I don't think it's a sincere hosts history, just that now it's clearly possible to purpose unlimited services with an attractive price.

Before dedicated server, vps can't be the solution ?

ixwebhosting and dreamhost offer dedicated ips on shared hosting. Some hosts that offer unlimited hosting explain the limit in their terms of service.

Quote Originally Posted by webhostingrvw View Post
    ixwebhosting and dreamhost offer dedicated ips on shared hosting. Some hosts that offer unlimited hosting explain the limit in their terms of service.
    sorry, but you should not have to explain limits on something there should be no limits on

what ever happened to the dictionary, people?

UNLIMITED (but wink wink, let me explain the limits)

As harsh as it seems, I have come to the conclusion that people are con men or completely ignorant and uneducated if they do not see a problem with making such statements

and those who use such statements simply to "get more business" are the worst sort (i e care about money more than people by any means necessary)

sadly this travesty in the hosting industry has now transferred to telcom and have the wireless providers making statements like

UNLIMITED Text, Internet and MINUTES*

*with reasonable usage

then again maybe they STARTED it by redefining "minutes"

CUSTOMER:
    "i only used 500 of 1000 minutes, why is my bill so high?"

WIRELESS Co:

OHHHH, well when we say minutes that could be anytime minutes, daytime minutes, night time minutes, weekend minutes, family minutes, same network minutes, overage minutes or roaming minutes.

A "minute" is described in our TOS which allows us to make redefine words and bait and switch you by making you think you are buying something, but in reality you are buying something else.

Would you like to sign up for our "unlimited plan"...you can do as much as you want (within our set limits)

wow

does anyone go past 3rd grade any more? The moral failure of our country never ceases to amaze me

sorry, but you should not have to explain limits on something there should be no limits on

what ever happened to the dictionary, people?

UNLIMITED (but wink wink, let me explain the limits)

As harsh as it seems, I have come to the conclusion that people are con men or completely ignorant and uneducated if they do not see a problem with making such statements

and those who use such statements simply to "get more business" are the worst sort (i e care about money more than people by any means necessary)

sadly this travesty in the hosting industry has now transferred to telcom and have the wireless providers making statements like

UNLIMITED Text, Internet and MINUTES*

*with reasonable usage

then again maybe they STARTED it by redefining "minutes"

CUSTOMER:
    "i only used 500 of 1000 minutes, why is my bill so high?"

WIRELESS Co:

OHHHH, well when we say minutes that could be anytime minutes, daytime minutes, night time minutes, weekend minutes, family minutes, same network minutes, overage minutes or roaming minutes.

A "minute" is described in our TOS which allows us to make redefine words and bait and switch you by making you think you are buying something, but in reality you are buying something else.

Would you like to sign up for our "unlimited plan"...you can do as much as you want (within our set limits)

wow

does anyone go past 3rd grade any more? The moral failure of our country never ceases to amaze me
    The industry of shared hosting has moved to overselling. Even hosts that provide "limits" to their hosting offer more disk space and bandwidth to their clients than they could provide if everyone cashed in on it. That is why they all have resource restrictions in their TOS. Does it really make a difference to you if your web host shuts down your site for resource restrictions? It's the same result if they promised you unlimited bandwidth or 500GB. It's all marketing tricks and business regardless.

Some hosts will put unlimited on their site because they know their clients don't know what numbers they need. And they also know that if they use up too much resources their TOS will require an upgrade to a VPS. The same is true of limited hosts. The vast majority of websites utilize less than 5GB of bandwidth per month and less than 1GB of storage. Yet they often offer 25GB+ storage and 500GB+ bandwidth. They fill up their server with hosting accounts well beyond their hardware capacity. They also often sell three or more separate plans of different resource limits knowing the vast majority of their clients are oversold on their basic plan, but they won't know what they need and so will likely buy the plan in the middle. They are using their clients lack of knowledge of the industry to upsell themselves when it is not warranted by naming their initial plan "Basic" or by highlighting a more expensive plan and saying it is the most popular or the best value. There is nothing wrong with limited hosts overselling just as there is nothing wrong with unlimited hosts overselling. The trick is to find a stable host regardless of their business model. Read reviews, get a feel for the company and make the best informed decision.

It's all marketing. And it is all business. You should really pick your host based on a proven track record of performance, support and reliability regardless of the business tactics they use to bring in clients. It if is an unlimited host, so be it. If it is a limited host, go for it. An unlimited host can provide superior hosting (Hostgator) just as a limited host can suck (throw a rock in the web hosting offers section on this forum and you'll likely hit on one).

In the end you should really look past the gimmicks and pick what is best for you and what you need.
    Last edited by JaJae; 05-18-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Its not "marketing" its deceptive

Its not business...its a lie

sadly the ethics of enron persist and people like to throw everything under the guise of "marketing"...when it is not.

What about the uneducated who don't know its a gimmick and take it for truth?

WHy should i have to look past gimmicks?

Give me the guys who don't bother with gimmicks and prefer to be up front and honest.

When the owner of a unlimited brand admits its all lies...what does that tell you about the integrity of the company? there is none.

how about networksolutions ?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

I believe this is the wrong place for web hosting requests. You can just go to offers section and find plenty.

Regards
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company

Quote Originally Posted by Ceko View Post
    You can just go to offers section and find plenty.
    Laugh. Nevermind the OP looking for suggestions on providers who meet his requirements. Let's just send him into the offers section blindly and hope he picks wisely? This is what the Web Hosting forum is about...
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Laugh. Nevermind the OP looking for suggestions on providers who meet his requirements. Let's just send him into the offers section blindly and hope he picks wisely? This is what the Web Hosting forum is about...
    Well, he shall just check the specs of the hosts and then read some reviews and decide. Isn't this the way to go?

Or shall we assume that the OP shall choose a host by just some members suggestions? Do we know how many of the contributers are wise enough to suggest? The OP shall compare and decide for him/herself.
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company