Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is the best hosting and speed one for joomla 1.5 !

hell everyone iwant to do a website by joomla 1.5 and i already tried powweb.com but its so slow with joomla 1.5 so im asking you guys if anyone know any hosting that fast

How much space/bandwidth are you currently using? how many visitors at the same time your site have?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

UNLIMITED space/bandwidth and no visitore yet and its slow at this website powweb.com

I am not sure why it would be slow. Have you tried contacting their support? Joomla should not be slow unless it has something to do with the server being overloaded. If the design or template has issues or bad code I guess that could cause it to be slow as well... Technically any host should be able host Joomla with out it being slow!

Quote Originally Posted by soumkhane View Post
    UNLIMITED space/bandwidth and no visitore yet and its slow at this website powweb.com
    You should increase your hosting budget if you want more performance. Read your TOS regarding unlimited space/bandwidth. Stay away from budget hosts if you want performance. The less a host charges the more clients put on a server to make the same profit. This means slower performance and less reliability on average.

There's no such thing as unlimited.
    Get a proper host with clearly defined plans then you'll find you're unlikely to get slow sites.....unless you go to the bottom end of the market obviously.

so is any one know any site for hosting ? that is good

Yeah, it is not an easy think to find a good web host that is fast and stable. can suggest gigapros cos I am glad to use their service. it has litespeed server that provides fast speed connectivity. I have noticed that it can be suitable for running Joomla websites..

Guess it can be useful for your request.

so is any one know any site for hosting ? that is good
    MDDHosting.....check the shared offers section!

Litespeed servers in Denver....and I'm in Spain, but it's the fastest connection coming out of the US that I've ever found.

what about this i just found it http://maiahost.com/

I thought you wanted fast speeds?

Seems like you just want cheap!

I'm sure unlimited everything for $2 will be an experience.

Never used them, but you are still looking at budget hosts. They typically come and go and are hit or miss in regards to performance and reliability. If you up your budget a few dollars a month you will be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    I thought you wanted fast speeds?

Seems like you just want cheap!

I'm sure unlimited everything for $2 will be an experience.
    Note that $2.45 price is only for a 5 year commitment.

$2.45 p/m when you pay 5 years - total: $147.00
    $2.95 p/m when you pay 3 years - total: $106.20
    $3.45 p/m when you pay 2 years - total: $82.80
    $3.95 p/m when you pay yearly - total: $47.40
    $5.95 p/m when you pay quarterly - total: $17.85
    $7.95 p/m when you pay monthly - total: $7.95

Interesting marketing.

what you mean by this budget hosts sorry im new at this thing

You get what you pay for... You want your site to run smoothly, not be down all the time and be simply a good experience for you. Then up your budget more then looking for cheap or free. This forum is loaded with people that use hosting companies that actually provide the service you are requiring. Depending on your usage, space needs, BW needs, etc. I would recommend looking at a hosting company that gets good reviews on the board or via google searches. Everyone likes to tell about their experiences and why not read a few before deciding.
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

What people here are saying is true, shared cheap hosting will not give you the speed factor as they overload there servers and it only takes 1 person to make everybody's website slow.

If you want reliability I would recommend in a host that does not give unlimited but enough traffic/disk space or try for a VPS or Dedicated Server.

What's your budget ? Can you imagine being on a vps or you have no experience with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobSunelo View Post
    What's your budget ? Can you imagine being on a vps or you have no experience with this ?
    Agreed however when CPanel or Plesk is on it, it make it simpler. A lot of my web design clients use VPS and find it not so hard to use.

what you mean by this budget hosts sorry im new at this thing
    A budget host would be one that subscribes to the idea that web servers, email servers, ftp servers and database servers are just software and can be run on one physical piece of hardware (box, if you will). They would also consider the lack of education a good thing, considering that their hardware / network can be setup from information they pick up on the net from Google and paying for anything professional upstream is a waste.

The staff, if any, of a budget host would be a useless copy of the leader so they don't cost much.

The budget host will offer the lowest price for their product because they have limited or incorrect definitions for such words as profit, service, economy, growth, etc...

Really most companies offering web hosting as their primary product fit the above description to some degree. Any that do not conform to the above standards would not be considered budget hosts. Yes, there are hosts that hold themselves to lower standards than those described above.

Analogy: Bicycles and luxury automobiles are both modes of transportation. Budget hosts are the bicycles of the hosting field.

Have no fear, you can still host Aunt Tillie's blog or your Internet marketing scheme through a budget host. Most hosting consumers hold their projects to far lower standards than those required for budget host status.

Completely, but sometimes things do not happen as agreed even with panels and you must do some serious search when you're a beginner for solve the problem.

If that is the case, best case would be to get a fully managed VPS with a company that will offer help and support for everything. Finding one that doesn't charge extra for support is a plus
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

but VPS its cost alot of money

Why would he want a VPS for 1 Joomla site?

Offtopic:

I would suggest change your CMS or get a site built. Joomla has tons of exploits released everyday. So if you are looking for long run, I would suggest you re-consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishant_S View Post
    Offtopic:

I would suggest change your CMS or get a site built. Joomla has tons of exploits released everyday. So if you are looking for long run, I would suggest you re-consider.
    Total nonsense....stunning first post!

I've worked with Joomla since it's inception in 2005 and with Mambo for 3 years before that!

When you consider at this moment in time I have over 300 live sites out there (including one that I built for NATO), and over the years I've probably built over a thousand of them.....I have never had a site compromised.

Like any application it has to be maintained and patched....and just because some numbskull on a one click Fantastico installation never bothered, it doesn't make the application itself a security risk. It makes the owner a security risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast