best option to accpet credit cards.

Hey,
    I operate a newly started web hosting company. The problem is, indian paypal users have restrictions on sending payments, so paypal is not really a good way for me to collect.

Otherways like alertpay, moneybookers are not preferred.

My clients did bank transfer, which takes a lot of time.

best option I could figure out would be of credit/debit card payment. Whats the best way to set it up ?

RBS World Bank ?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

Moneybookers has merchant services but they are expensive. A lot of merchant service providers are going to give you problems when receiving payments from India. Make sure to ask before you sign up!

You can try with 2checkout too.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    You can try with 2checkout too.
    You can try 2checkout, but we as a company (and myself personally) have been extremely dissatisfied.

We had a single chargeback initiated (wrongfully) and 2CO closed our account and did not release our funds.

As a result, they closed my personal account as well...
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared/Reseller cPanelŽ Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (877) 240-7767 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

Not sure how it works exactly in India, but go to your bank and ask them about merchant services. You will get all the info you need from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Noppix View Post
    Not sure how it works exactly in India, but go to your bank and ask them about merchant services. You will get all the info you need from there.
    A lot of banks offer merchant services, mine does, but they can only offer you a credit card terminal and that usually doesn't work to well for online payments.

Quote Originally Posted by FLV Guy View Post
    A lot of banks offer merchant services, mine does, but they can only offer you a credit card terminal and that usually doesn't work to well for online payments.
    Terminal only? Perhaps by default. I can't imagine they not have a solution for a payment gateway or virtual terminal at the least.

have you try 2checkout ?? meybe it will help your problem...!

As stated by someone above for 2checkout, a single charge back and they closed the account. Now, common, thats so unfair!

We use Barclays ePDQ system.

It's regarded as the safest online payment system for Credit/Debit cards and commission fees are very reasonable (it depends on the card that is used to pay).
    1Gbps Dedicated Servers - 1GigE (1000Mbit) Dedicated port.
    Unmetered Bandwidth | Instant Setup Dedicated Servers, Xen & OpenVZ VPS
    100% Owned Equipment
    - EvoSwitch, Netherlands
    www.RapidSpeeds.com

few years ago, the company I worked for, used 2checkout and paypal to accept payments, and they also setup their own merchant with authorized.net to charge credit card directly.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Well at the point the best option is to tie up with any Indian resident and use him to open a bank account of ur company in India.
    Then u may give the option of Bank transfer to that account for Indian customers which nullifies or reduces the service commission to a high extent and u collect the payment monthly.
    I am currently using this strategy.
    Thanks

I thought CCAVENUE would be the best choice for you guys if you're in India? That's usually what is said.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by sw0rdy View Post
    Hey,
    I operate a newly started web hosting company. The problem is, indian paypal users have restrictions on sending payments, so paypal is not really a good way for me to collect.

Otherways like alertpay, moneybookers are not preferred.

My clients did bank transfer, which takes a lot of time.

best option I could figure out would be of credit/debit card payment. Whats the best way to set it up ?
    If you'r paypal account is not an Indian account, there is no problem receiving payment from an Indian paypal account, I am paying using my paypal account to various vendors in USA, Europe without issues.

The issue could be because your Indian client base may be paying through paypal funds previously, and if they can't do it now that means they do not have a CC attached to their paypal account that also means that they do not have a CC at all, so no point in looking for CC processing solution specifically for Indian clients.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

2checkout is there for you.
    █▌ Cheapest Shared Hosting Solutions with 17+ Server Locations.
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,OKPAY, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, STP.
    █▌ Web Hosting, Offshore Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting by HostNesta.com!

+1 2checkout
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    OnApp Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

-1 2checkout for me, they just dont bother communicating with you about any problems, and give money back to people without telling you why.. this was 2 years ago, since I moved away from them. They also dont post transactions correctly to WHMCS..

Again this was 2 years ago..

We use a combination of 2checkout and paypal to accept payments from our clients. I think that if you only want to accept credit cards for a few of your clients then you should think a little harder on this because it is a big step opening a merchant account and you have to have a constant and consistent flow of money to be worthy of the merchant account