hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : I Need Shared Hosting...

Forum Jump

I Need Shared Hosting...

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 AM
WHT Addict

Exclamation

I Need Shared Hosting...

I need to transfer my site (and my domain) to another hosting company.

Here is what i need for my hosting...

- Unlimited space (currently using 20gb)
- Unlimited traffic
- At least 10 dbs (actively using 3 but it will increase. The biggest db is 170mb)
- At least 1000 email sending limit per hour. (currently 200 and it sucks so bad. I cant even send a newsletter to my members)
- Unlimited inode (currently using 150.000)
- Pretty high memory mb (i donno what i actually need about this one because my stupid hosting company doesnt tell me how much i use and what is their limit. - They just say %10 of the entire memory is the limit)
- Unlimited email accounts. (Currently using 3 but i will start giving out email adresses to some of my members)
- At least 50 subdomain (currently use like 20 or something)
- 24/7 On-Call or Online (Live) Technical service. NOT EMAIL! (Currently have)

These are what i can think of so far...

Right now i am paying about 40$ a year and i dont want to much more than that.

So if anybody have good recommendations or offers i am listening...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
You are only going to be limited to what you can use with a provider offering "Unlimited Diskspace", why do you feel you need unlimited diskspace?

Quote:
- Unlimited traffic
You are using 20GB of bandwidth, why do you need "Unlimited", it is a gimmick and you are only going to be restricted to what you can use per day / per month anyways. Why not grow with your requirements?

Quote:
- At least 10 dbs (actively using 3 but it will increase. The biggest db is 170mb)
That is not too bad, you can always grow with your requirements and many will support you with "Unlimited" databases.

Quote:
- At least 1000 email sending limit per hour. (currently 200 and it sucks so bad. I cant even send a newsletter to my members)
Good luck in getting this with a Shared Provider, most will restrict you down to 200 or even less, who really wants to be on the back end of a blacklisting system? Not me!

You are best getting a mail-exchange provider and sending our newsletters this way as many will not support up to a 1000 e-mails per hour on a Shared Platform, either that or get a VPS.

Quote:
A lot of providers will limit you on these, especially the ones who offer "Unlimited" Diskspace and Bandwidth so again good luck in finding a provider who will allow this, not even Hostgator will allow more than their limit.

Quote:
- Pretty high memory mb (i donno what i actually need about this one because my stupid hosting company doesnt tell me how much i use and what is their limit. - They just say %10 of the entire memory is the limit)
Hard to really determine as we cannot see current statistics, but you are not going to get more than the normal with a shared provider, the more you use on a shared account the more you are going to put pressure on the service and the chances of an upgrade are relatively high.

Quote:
- Unlimited email accounts. (Currently using 3 but i will start giving out email adresses to some of my members)
Most providers will offer this as part of their offerings.

Quote:
Most will support "Unlimited" sub-domains.

Quote:
A lot of providers can and do offer this especially the ones who are top in ranks like Hostgator, Dreamhost, though do you feel you are going to be calling them around the clock for assistance?

Quote:
Alright.

Quote:
Well the chances of getting what you want are well very minimal at least. Raise your budget either in terms of per month or per year, or don't bother.

Quote:
Sadly I don't.

l www.spiralhosting.com • Chief Technical Officer • Superior Service Guarantee

Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Web Hosting Master

Your requirements are unrealistic, and your budget too low for a reliable host offering what you are already using.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001 - Toll Free:*1-877-384-6781*

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Dependable Web Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Website_Ist View Post
I need to transfer my site (and my domain) to another hosting company.

Here is what i need for my hosting...

- Unlimited traffic

Other than your email limit why are you looking to change web hosts? It sounds to me like you might have outgrown your shared web hosting service and might possibly need to move to a VPS or Semi Dedicated service (which I must say, for that you are going to need to increase your budget significantly).

PS. What type of website are you currently hosting, why are you using 20GB of space?

Click Here to Learn More About Our Services!- Check Out Our Youtube Channel

Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Disabled

I wonder if you really want unlimited space? Why? Any web site even biggest one has strict limitations of size and bandwidth.
WHT is not allowing unlimited offers so I suppose that is not good idea to send you to the shared offers section.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:17 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
why do you feel you need unlimited diskspace?
Because my site is big and anybody can upload files. So its growing its size pretty fast. Therefore i dont wanna get stuck to a space limit.

Quote:
You are using 20GB of bandwidth, why do you need "Unlimited",
Because the website is getting more people everyday and i dont wanna get stuck to a traffic limit and will be forced to upgrade.

Quote:
Good luck in getting this with a Shared Provider,
Only one of the examples gives 1000 mails per hour. I am actually talking to them right now about buying the service.
arvixe.com/linux_web_hosting

Quote:
A lot of providers will limit you on these, especially the ones who offer "Unlimited" Diskspace and Bandwidth so again good luck in finding a provider who will allow this, not even Hostgator will allow more than their limit.
Well actually most companies doesnt limit you on the inode. Some even negotiate as long as they are sure you dont abuse it and the files are used in your website.

Quote:
Hard to really determine as we cannot see current statistics, but you are not going to get more than the normal with a shared provider, the more you use on a shared account the more you are going to put pressure on the service and the chances of an upgrade are relatively high.
I am actually still confused about this one. Because some companies give percentages, some give very low mb sizes (32mb, 64mb) but some say i can even use 4gb memory in my php.ini I still couldnt really figure this out and this one is my major concern because this is the reason i am in the market right now. I get some wierd memory errors and my current company said i use %35 of the memory and i have to upgrade it to a VPS which i dont want. They dont tell me how much mb but they tell me more than %10 i use all the time. I have 2 forums, a blog and few html pages on my site.

Quote:
Well the chances of getting what you want are well very minimal at least. Raise your budget either in terms of per month or per year, or don't bother.
Well there are pretty interesting deals out there.
Apperently, I put URLs yet so im just gonna say...
Search "DOLLAR HOSTING" on google and click on what comes up on the first page. you will see most of those companies are providing many UNLIMITED OPTIONS.

Most of these companies have UNLIMITED options for their features. But i am concerned about the memory mostly. So Nobody can tell me i pay low and ask for too much because i am not the one who are setting these standarts. When your competitors are giving these deals you cant really say i am asking too much for a little.

Quote:
Sadly I don't.
Its ok. I still appreciate your time and your answers. Thank you.

Quote:
Other than your email limit why are you looking to change web hosts?
Memory errors which creates 404, 403 and even 503 errors for my visitors on random pages.

Quote:
What type of website are you currently hosting, why are you using 20GB of space?
Linux server. I have one very big forum. One mid size forum. An active but no a big blog and some html pages.

@kyler68: I ll take a look into that. I think i need t go to sleep now.

Thanks everybody for the answers.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Disabled

The budget is really low to get something decent.
Just my point of view.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Disabled

I think you have to go with an VPS at least, shared hosting will not offer so much space although they're advertised "unlimited".

Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Disabled

A VPS is better than shared hosting but that's impossible to get unlimited VPS deal, all resources are limited on it.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hello,

Quote:
Only one of the examples gives 1000 mails per hour. I am actually talking to them right now about buying the service.
arvixe.com/linux_web_hosting
Personally I'd be very worried about this. The fact that this is the only web host to advertise this does say allot

Quote:
Most of these companies have UNLIMITED options for their features.
Most hosts advertise unlimited features because this is generally based on the resources on the account so there's not a consistent way to measure how many email accounts, databases etc can be created.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Web Hosting Master

i guess manage VPS would be the best solution based on ur requirements.
but you cant get unlimited space on vps..

Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Because my site is big and anybody can upload files. So its growing its size pretty fast. Therefore i dont wanna get stuck to a space limit.
Pretty much any host that I can think of, you will not get what you are asking. Not a good one anyways. ALL of them that do offer "unlimited" plans would call your site a file sharing site, and violation of their TOS. You are expecting way to much for nothing. I can say almost for sure, if you do find one, you will be getting what you pay for. Then I can almost see you back here in 6 mos or so, complaining about how bad that host is/was, and what they did to you...

I might be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

I wouldnt recommend anything other than a dedicated or semi-dedicated machine. A VPS host will most likely suspend you for memory usage. Check out some dedicated hosts.

100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | USA Based

Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM
WHT Addict

I appreciate your comment and your concern but as i have been working with Midphase the last 6-7 years. Until this memory problem comes up, i didnt have a major issue with them. They really provided unlimited sources for many things... But this time they said they cannot do anything so i am back in the market after 6-7 years.

Right now i think im gonna go with arvixe.com because so far their features are pretty good. They told me i could set my php.ini and even 512mb would be ok for me to use. But i may come back and complaint about them after 6 months like you said. Because i donno this new company. But i may never come back either... I think this is risk with any company.

FYI: I was gonna check out kyler68 recommendation but i guess he deleted his message.

Last edited by Website_Ist; 05-17-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: adding more...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Elite Webmaster

Quote:
i have been working with Midphase the last 6-7 years. Until this memory problem comes up, i didnt have a major issue with them.
This is because websites grow, and yours did. Just because you started with a shared hosting account 6 years ago on your website, it doesn't mean you still should be using a shared hosting account. Take the advise given to you here... Your website has outgrown shared hosting, go for a VPS or Semi-dedicated hosting now, or you will face the same problems no matter what host you choose. Your current host did the right thing, and advised you to upgrade, but you turned them down and went searching for a new host..

U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!