Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hostbill or WHMCS?

If you were to select a billing software for web hosting, domain registration and software licenses, what would you choose Hostbill or WHMCS? What would you select and why? I personally tend at the moment to Hostbill because the order forms seem nicer and more modern then in WHMCS, but am open to suggestions.

We've tried both, some months ago, and WHMCS has a lot more addon modules and larger community than Hostbill. I do agree Hostbill has a prettier client-side interface, but I would still recommend WHMCS out of the box.
    Web designer, programmer & webmaster for 7+ years
    Hosting my 9 sites in Web hosting México
    CentOS|cPanel|R1Soft|Softaculous|Cloud Hosting|Green Hosting

I have used both and personally have to say WHMCS, it is more user friendly and can be integrated easier into a site
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

I have not used Hostbill.
    Having said that, I would recommend WHMCS. I use it, and am pretty satisfied with the feature set. I works well out of the box, and it very customizable.

whmcs hands down, there's no alternative
    Curvehost
    Premium Shared/Reseller/VPS hosting
    24/7 Technical Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

I'm also impressed with Hostbill's design/UI but I can't fault WHMCS.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

WHMCS is always best. However hostbill is good for tight budget

WHMCS seems the most popular hosting billing software. So it looks more trust/stable according to me.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

looks like all votes are going to WHMCS and from my experience WHMCS has a great features set good community and good support , never used hostbill though.
    Xsltel OÜ | Fast and Steady Internet services
    cPanel Webhosting | VPS Hosting | Since 2011

+1 for WHMCS, it does everything I need to and more.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

+1 for WHMCS for sure
    Have been using it for a year and love it.
    It's the most popular host billing software with great/large community and support.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Host Bill doesn't offer leased licenses anymore. WHMCS still does.

Quote Originally Posted by zomex View Post
    I'm also impressed with Hostbill's design/UI but I can't fault WHMCS.

I'm with the above. I like the Hostbill slider, but I believe WHMCS is coming out with something like that..

Hostbill, not so much the best to when it comes for the use of a "Real Business". However, WHMCS has been around a lot longer and really knows what the user wants.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I've played with Host Bill and it looks pretty nice on the client side. The Admin side is a mess though and that's where WHMCS shines.

I'll vote for WHMCS, can't go wrong with that
    Nothing here right now.

I'm currently shopping for one of these two billing and support platforms.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but HostBill has one significant advantage over WHMCS : a live chat feature. WHMCS does seem to offer a $90 live chat addon, but (I can't find a live demo on their website) assuming that's what some of you guys are using in your websites (i.e. clicking it throws the classic, boring chat popup asking for a department, name and email), then HostBill's is clearly, vastly superior. Zopim seems fairly user friendly, however.

AFAIK, Host Bill as well as with WHMCS . But, Host Bill are newer billing with little facility rather than WHMCS. I ever use Host Bill and contribute on Language Translation. If they have fast in development I think they can running over WHMCS. I like they features. For example : Live Chat.
    Akbar | CEO
    CV. NICOSOFT MEDIA TRANSFORMATIKA - Shared & Reseller Hosting | Mail Hosting | VPS | Cloud Server | Dedicated Server | Software & Hardware Retail | IT Consultant
    Phone: +62-888-0999-NICO / +62-819-87-NICO at (+7 GMT)

how about clientexec ? not considering ? =)
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

I am used WHMCS, good support
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

I am using HostBill, and it rocks!
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers
    www.AQuickHost.com
    Affordable, Fast, Reliable and 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
    Host with us today!

WHMCS because it is cleaner and easy to integrate into a site. Also it integrates nicely with other things.

Quote Originally Posted by WootWoot View Post
    WHMCS does seem to offer a $90 live chat addon, but (I can't find a live demo on their website) assuming that's what some of you guys are using in your websites (i.e. clicking it throws the classic, boring chat popup asking for a department, name and email), then HostBill's is clearly, vastly superior. Zopim seems fairly user friendly, however.
    The live chat addon for WHMCS is a fully-featured live chat system thanks to our partnership with StarDevelop (you can find more information on their website). It includes things like geo location, full visitor information, page view tracking, a Windows app in addition to the web-based console, automatic saving of chat logs in the client's account, unlimited operators, file transfer, transfer chats between operators etc. However I'm not sure why a configurable pre-chat survey (name, department, question etc) would be undesirable though?

Due to these huge array of features that aren't available with our competitors we believe the additional charge represents unbeatable value for money.
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides

Quote Originally Posted by chickndip View Post
    The live chat addon for WHMCS is a fully-featured live chat system thanks to our partnership with StarDevelop (you can find more information on their website). It includes things like geo location, full visitor information, page view tracking, a Windows app in addition to the web-based console, automatic saving of chat logs in the client's account, unlimited operators, file transfer, transfer chats between operators etc. However I'm not sure why a configurable pre-chat survey (name, department, question etc) would be undesirable though?

Due to these huge array of features that aren't available with our competitors we believe the additional charge represents unbeatable value for money.
    Personally and no offense, I thought it was a complete waste of money for the Live Chat option, I mean sure it seems nice, it however was not what I was expecting, I had more errors with it than anything else, beyond that it was marginally slow.

Eric and I both tested it out and said we would not be renewing it.

That is my own thoughts on it though.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

They're both good. However I'd say the admin side of HostBill is slightly harder to use than WHMCS. Having used both (and currently trying to decide myself if I should switch to WHMCS, as I have a licence for both), I can't make my mind up. I've seen in the changelog for the WHMCS 4.5 beta they're coming out with the order forms HostBill has, you may want to consider that.

They're both easy to install as well. You can use Softaculous to install WHMCS. However, if you have root access, you can install a script to install HostBill, and it'll set up everything, forward emails, create the email accounts, and configure the program for you. I personally liked this.

I haven't used the live chat part of HostBillApp, as I use Zopim for this. However, I think with the WHMCS 4.5 version, I'll be switching back to WHMCS... Just because I'm a lot more experienced in WHMCS than HostBill.

Also, to the person who said HostBill is better for someone on a tight budget. HostBill doesn't offer monthly licences anymore, only owned licences. So for someone on a budget, it seems WHMCS on a monthly licence would be best.

WHMCS is the best web hosting billing software i have used and i recommend you to go for it. I don't know about the other one you mentioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast