Question Hosthideout and Hostingdiscussion Forums - Account still in mod queue.

Hey All,

I was hoping to get a little feedback from those of you with hosthideout and hostingdiscussion accounts. I registered for both of them a few weeks ago and verified my email address but my account is still in queue and waiting to be moderated. I can't post new topics anywhere or reply to topics created by existing users.

I'm not quite sure what to do. I get the typical response from both forums when I attempt to do both at every forum, not just advertising.

xxxxxx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. NOTE: Most advertising forums require that you to have 10+ posts in non-advertising forums before you can post and privileges can take an hour to update.
    You are trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    It looks like chicken has an account on both hosthideout and here at WHT but I'm not going to directly PM him on WHT in regards to a different forum. That seems invasive.

To those of you that have accounts on the other fourms: What was the wait there? Am I just being impatient? It's been three weeks now.

Small Update: I did manage to a response from a moderator at hostingdiscussion...

From: xxxx.com [mailto:xxxx.com] On Behalf Of HostingDiscussion.com
    Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 8:25 PM
    To: Dan Lee
    Subject: Re: Moderation Queue

Hi Dan,

I am traveling currently, so its difficult for me to scan accounts, but I hope to have all things resolved in 2-3 days when I get a chance!

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best
    Artashes

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Dan Lee <xxxxxx> wrote:
    Hello,

I was wondering how long the moderation process is for activating new accounts? I registered my account (xxxxx) last week. Im a little surprised that the process takes this long. Any insight on how long before I can interact within the forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dan Lee
    Senior Network Engineer
    SyApps, LLC
    Although I did get a quick response, that post was a week ago. I was unable to find contact information for hosthideout. I have emailed them again today.

A big thanks to WHT for having their administration in order. It makes things far easier for all of us.

Thanks in advance and have a great day everyone!
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting cPanel+Softaculous Email Hosting Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

Greetings Dan,

I just noticed this thread and I wanted to clear some things up so that people don't get the idea that our administration is not in order. Usually, all accounts are verified relatively quickly. However, during my most recent traveling I faced some issues that prevented me from reviewing accounts efficiently, hence the delay that you have experienced. That, unfortunately, also affected some of the advertising requests as well.

While this is not an excuse, I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience caused and offer a little gift for your patience. Please PM me on HostingDiscussion.com to receive further details.

I will also review the verification process policies once again and make sure this does not happen again.

Best regards
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

A quick follow up regarding the steps taken with my registration over at hostingdiscussion.com: Artashes explained the traveling that he was doing the past few weeks and followed up with my support emails not only by emailing me directly but also by finding my post on his own accord here at WHT and following up via PMs. His willingness to follow up and work through issues with potential customers has proven his dedication to hostingdiscussion.com. Now that I'm registered, I'll be excited to participate knowing the team behind the website cares enough about its viewers and potential customers to take the extra steps needed to maintain a high level of satisfaction.

A big thanks to Artashes for getting things straightened out.

DLee
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting cPanel+Softaculous Email Hosting Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com