Thumbs up [Review] Joes Data Center

We recently purchased some dedicated servers from Joes Data Center to replace our old provider. <<removed>>

We were skeptical with the prices they charge but damn. The service has been excellent not one single percentage of downtime in 3 months. The support has been there when/if we have needed it.

A great little company with unbeatable prices for the specs.

A big thumbs up from the AdvancedSpace Network and we would reccomend them to anybody.
    Last edited by sirius; 05-24-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

Good stuff - I root for Joe to do well.

Do any clients outside of the USA ever say anything about speed/latency?

we left them 2 months ago , and we have been with them from DEC 2008 , support hum , is slow i mean i saw support even better for worst company's , i had to stay with the server down 12 hours because no one had a look on my ticket.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

I ever rent one dedicated server in Joe's. They server are awesome.
    Akbar | CEO
    CV. NICOSOFT MEDIA TRANSFORMATIKA - Shared & Reseller Hosting | Mail Hosting | VPS | Cloud Server | Dedicated Server | Software & Hardware Retail | IT Consultant
    Phone: +62-888-0999-NICO / +62-819-87-NICO at (+7 GMT)

They still don't offer external cPanel license. Waiting for it..

I've heard good things about them as well. They have some very tempting offers for Kansas City colocation.

Joe knows how to run the biz. I like them, specially personalized customer support! friendly & cool guys!
    Flash Live & VoD Streaming solutions 4 All.
    RTMP, HTML5, RTSP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    They still don't offer external cPanel license. Waiting for it..
    We do offer cPanel licenses for our serves and have a order link in our customer portal for customers to order it. I answer this assuming you were talking about us.
    Joe Morgan @ Joe’s Datacenter, LLC- www.joesdatacenter.com
    Affordable & Reliable Dedicated Servers| VPS |Colocation in the Midwest

I have heard great things about Joe's data center. I am wondering if I should try it out.

I'm trying to sign up with this DC and get one of their incredibly affordable servers but i can't get a hold of sales to ask them about some non-consecutive IPs .

Bit of a downer that they don't answer the phone anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseXS View Post
    I'm trying to sign up with this DC and get one of their incredibly affordable servers but i can't get a hold of sales to ask them about some non-consecutive IPs .

Bit of a downer that they don't answer the phone anymore .
    Well considering their pricing you can't expect them to bend backwards on the sales side of things. To be honest, they may have put your request to the back of the queue as soon as you start asking for non-standard configurations like 'SEO' IP allocations.

It's not for SEO it's for VPNs ... hmmm I guess i should tell them that .

Anyway I've tried calling them on both numbers for sales or support during local Kansas business hours and got nothing but the answering machine telling me to send a e-mail . Oh well the prices are still worth the wait .

ApocalypseXS,

Look at wholesaleinternet.com. They are absolutely better with similar prices, are in the same building.

Agreed support times are slow, you should have probably added that info on the order when you made it, that way they would have seen it on setup
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

Ya thanks for the suggestion. How long does sales usually take to respond ?

Whose sales, joesdatacenter or wholesaleinternet?

This isn't a very usual nor ethical way to proceed, but if you're only concern is whether or not Joe's may supply you with non-consecutive IPs (i.e. if you're very likely to rent the server), then it may be preferable to place your order (to have access to Joe's support portal) and immediately create a ticket (General Support department) to confirm this and state that your payment is conditional to this (Joe is very easy to work with - that's obviously not something you'd want to do with many other hosts).

While Joe's pre-sale support is, actually, nearly non-existant, I can vouch for their support provided through their ticketing system. I'm fairly confident you will have a reply before server's deployment and that Joe will have no problem cancelling your order if it isn't possible. I had them cancel a dedicated server order once, everything went smoothly.

My educated guess is that Joe's may provide you with non-consecutive /29 (or higher) blocks of IPs. They certainly won't provide you with individual, non-consecutive IPs (just like most other DCs). Be aware that Joe's pool of C classes is very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseXS View Post
    Ya thanks for the suggestion. How long does sales usually take to respond ?
    That's a good question, I've submitted an email two or three days ago and haven't revived a reply back.

THX Woot - i was actually hoping for A class IPs not C class . As i've said before this isn't for SEO . It's been over 48 hours and no reply from the sales team or from Joe himself . Anyway i'm just gonna order the server and see if the tech staff will do it . I need to see how good Joe's DC is since they look like the perfect candidate for a US DC . Hoping to post my own review soon .