Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Really bad for the client. I feel shame for prestonhost can not even make a prorated refund? C'mon guys, is just a few bucks that have more value than a bad review. You guys need to go for some business training.

I've experienced the same with them long ago: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=957407. They seem to not even try to learn!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteeLeR View Post
    You guys need to go for some business training.
    Are you teaching us how to run business?

This review was posted after we ignore their threatening. Let me say it once and again, you didn't even bother to read. We love free advertising by clients, feel free to post more links.

Have a great day ahead - Feel free to bump if you have more to say
      0 Not allowed!

We will not go beyond ourselves and our terms of service to help clients that are belligerent.
    l Jonathan Christian l jchristian [at] prestonhost.com
    l PrestonHost.com
    l Check out our Special Deals on our site!
    l Follow us on Twitter @PrestonHost
      0 Not allowed!

I'm just suggesting HOW you can run a BETTER business. That's why you do not have to take that attitude as challenging with your customers. Oh sorry, I was meaning, I do not like that attitude, Is better that way? I remembered you do not like us to teach you to run a business. My apologies again.

Have a nice day!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm just suggesting HOW you can run a BETTER business. That's why you do not have to take that attitude as challenging with your customers. Oh sorry, I was meaning, I do not like that attitude, Is better that way? I remembered you do not like us to teach you to run a business. My apologies again.

Have a nice day!
    Do you own a web hosting company? Please try running one. It isn't easy as it looks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Lol you don't even know whats in your own TOS
    Yup. Too much Information.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    Do you own a web hosting company? Please try running one. It isn't easy as it looks.
    I'm trying to run one, since one year ago, it is not fully established yet, but my clients never complained about a bad service.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm trying to run one, since one year ago, it is not fully established yet, but my clients never complained about a bad service.
    Good for you.

PrestonHost is too proud to face it's constant failures. They unable to admit they failed on service line offered. They pretend that is the way it should be. It's not. Having a good business is treating clients we ll. I felt used is this situation. I came to rent this server location for a long time. Not for two months. Just less then month before server closure, I asked Faris to tell me that server will be running fine. He simply forwarded me to their TOS and it's uptime part. I stayed with them, but decided to wait with moving more sites there. And server get closed. The "company" does not say sorry, they do not admit it's their fault to waste my time with them. They really think it's fine to move clients across globe without their agreement.

This Faris's jokes about free advertising is all he has heft.
    He missed it here - it's not a show biz.
    Posts like this is bad fame in business, where stability is a key.

PrestonHost - became stable, or help your clients out - shutdown.
      0 Not allowed!

I still don't understand this. If the OP/Reviewer purchased hosting in the Netherlands for a year, and you then changed locations from the Netherlands to another location then the OP is owed a refund. If you weren't so butt rape about your policies you may understand why the OP is upset. If you go get new tires for your automobile, and your sold Good Years, but they really are Good-Years(a knockoff) wouldn't you be upset that you didn't get exactly what you paid for? If you wouldn't have "screwed" the OP they wouldn't be upset. Whats the OP's payment period up after you moved, or before? If before then you suck, if after then you have every right to move.
      0 Not allowed!

It's amazing how this review improve our sales.

Thank you OP
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post

Thank you OP
    All good as long as it doesn't bite you in the backside in the long run.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you OP
    You're welcome. The more clients you have, the faster they spread the word of your constant failures. Those who going to go with PrestonHost and loose clients, data and time - I warned you. Don't store anything worth there.

I belive there is no website, that deserves bad webhost.
    PrestonHost's services are same as their price.
    Not every cheap host offer cheap service.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you OP
    I'm not taking sides or trying to tell you how to run your business, but you should know that you're making yourself and your business look extremely bad with your replies on this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    I'm not taking sides or trying to tell you how to run your business, but you should know that you're making yourself and your business look extremely bad with your replies on this thread.

LOL! He/She probably will think you boosted their business, and SEO again.. lol!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FirewallkeepeR View Post
    You're welcome. The more clients you have, the faster they spread the word of your constant failures. Those who going to go with PrestonHost and loose clients, data and time - I warned you.
    So now you are posting a different story right now?

Since when did you lose your data? - You are making soo many new claims, is this review valid?

Oh god I love this thread

/sub
      0 Not allowed!

I can understand both sides of the argument, however, I feel there are certain ways to go about things. Swearing at your hosting provider is not a good way to get a refund. I can understand the distress you would have gone through due to the situation, however, you can't swear and expect them to give you a refund.

I'm certain that PrestonHost can make vast improvements to their service, much like every host, and I'm certain Faris is working on those. I feel this thread is getting somewhat out of hand though and is just becoming a flamming thread between both parties and I suggest they stop. You have both expressed your sides of the story and I feel that's enough for people to make up their own minds.

Regards
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-GV View Post
    I can understand both sides of the argument, however, I feel there are certain ways to go about things. Swearing at your hosting provider is not a good way to get a refund. I can understand the distress you would have gone through due to the situation, however, you can't swear and expect them to give you a refund.

I'm certain that PrestonHost can make vast improvements to their service, much like every host, and I'm certain Faris is working on those. I feel this thread is getting somewhat out of hand though and is just becoming a flamming thread between both parties and I suggest they stop. You have both expressed your sides of the story and I feel that's enough for people to make up their own minds.

Regards
    +1
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Since when did you lose your data? - You are making soo many new claims, is this review valid?
    I have mentioned data loss in first post. I have mentioned client lost in tickets system, because of your NL server downtime. Any more questions? I have alot to say.
      0 Not allowed!

Swearing at your hosting provider is not a good way to get a refund. I can understand the distress you would have gone through due to the situation, however, you can't swear and expect them to give you a refund.
    The refund is nothing comparing to overall experience I got. Within that 2 months I got 2 days of downtime, lost some data, lost a client along with getting bad reputation. Now when they simply closed location, I lost time moving sites out, and add time spent to move sites in. Can this looses be covered my moneyback? Absolutly no. So Moneyback request is just a principle.
    Yeah, I was angry, but I was not swearing, I put stars to words so whoever reads it may think for himself what that stars stand for. Each company desides how to make business. Some makes their clents angry and swearing. If I set my client up the hard way, I really expect he to me angry and swearing, especially when I can/will not fix what have been done.
      0 Not allowed!

You should try advertise it inserting it on your signature on WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    +2

And

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post

Regards
    +1
    +2
      0 Not allowed!

Who gets to decide what "bad" words are?
      0 Not allowed!

The more I read this post, the more I feel that PrestonHost (Fariz) is being a little childish with his replies. Not trying to teach you how to run your own business but I do feel that you should either STOP him once and for all or you should STOP posting on this thread totally. It's becoming more and more of a circus.

As much as I do not agree with PrestonHost moving people around to other locations without informing them, they should consult their clients with an alternative before they did the move. Even after 45 days of usage, he still had 1/2 a month left and since you guys moved him and he didn't want it, just refund the person's 1/2 month. That would have been the easiest thing to do.

Further to that, if you think threads like this will improve sales, then I guess you're either trying to console yourself or maybe you're just trying to make the OP feel bad. Either way, stop posting it all the time and move on. You're being a total child everytime someone says something bad and you come here saying it's doing more good. I do believe that you're of age to think for yourself if doing such things are proper or not. It's totally sad that you as a Web Hosting provider is stooping so low as to almost to the point of where the OP is at, just missing the cursing part of it. You're a well respected company, leave it as such. Don't do the opposite.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com
      0 Not allowed!

I think its time this thread was closed...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    As much as I do not agree with PrestonHost moving people around to other locations without informing them, they should consult their clients with an alternative before they did the move.
    Any changes to clients accounts without his knowledge is not a good sign of doing business.. No good host will do it. .. IMHO, inform the clients well in advance about maintenance time, and the reason for maintenance.. If any particular client objects, explain him/her about the reason for maintenance.. And then perform the maintenance..

Doing changes to your server without informing clients is not a sign of honest host.

Ofc, my thoughts and suggestions are my personal opinions, and are limited to myself..
    RSHosting.com: Reliable & Secure, Managed Web Hosting since 2003
    UK / US datacenters Linux & Windows HostingLet'sEncrypt SSL
    Web Hosting | Managed Wordpress Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Server | Managed Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast