Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 54
  1. #1

    Reviews: KillerCreation 8mo + LeaseWeb 4mo + VolumeDrive 1mo

    KillerCreation

    I have been with KillerCreation for about 8 months (not completely certain).
    There isn't much to say about them, because everything has gone according to plan with my server.
    Support has answered promptly and has been very helpful. I misconfigured Windows firewall and it was fixed in a couple of hours.

    Network is great, server is great.
    In the entire 8 months I have had close to zero downtime from reasons out of my control, maybe 10 minutes or less in total, and I have been notified far in advance on every occasion.
    I've experienced small periods of packet loss due to LINX, twice. They lasted 15 minutes max.

    10/10 for KillerCreation.


    LeaseWeb

    I have been with LeaseWeb for about 4 months now (as before, not 100% sure).
    The server, prices, and network is excellent.
    In total I've had 1hour 9mins of downtime due to a power outage, which is pretty good considering my server has been up for the rest of the 4 months time.
    Support has been very fast, usually resolved within an hour, although sometimes slower.
    Abuse is handled well, notices are forwarded to me.

    10/10 for LeaseWeb.



    VolumeDrive

    The only host (besides Santrex) that I would not recommend anyone to use.
    Once ordered, I was notified that the setup time is 24-48 hours.
    The server's intial setup took over 2 weeks. I lost access to the server at one point (my fault), it took three days for them to fix it.
    Support was really slow, seems like the entire thing is run by one person.
    Network was terrible. It was a struggle to get over 10Mbps.
    I found the server offline frequently. RDP also "lagged out" all the time, where it completely froze up for minutes at a time.
    It seemed when I somehow managed to get over 40Mbps, the server hard rebooted itself.
    Needless to say, the server was cancelled after the first month.

    1/10 for VolumeDrive.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,183
    All look good with exception of VolumeDrive
    Let's hope you keep the 10/10 in the next upcoming months with the other 2 providers!
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

  3. #3
    misspink,

    We have thousands of users on our network, dedicated and VPS that have no issue using the 100 Mbps unmetered to the full potential. During your service with us, did you open any support issues about network speed and provide an actual speed test file hosted on your server?

    Our main company servers are hosted on the same network as the client servers. You can run a speed test for yourself and see if you have any issues.

    http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Exotic
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    I'm not getting even 1 MB/s to anywhere (including USA). Tried five different locations.

    I'm not a VolumeDrive client, though.
    Last edited by Mr X; 05-15-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Wrong unit of measurement.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    misspink,

    We have thousands of users on our network, dedicated and VPS that have no issue using the 100 Mbps unmetered to the full potential. During your service with us, did you open any support issues about network speed and provide an actual speed test file hosted on your server?

    Our main company servers are hosted on the same network as the client servers. You can run a speed test for yourself and see if you have any issues.

    http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Why bother? They'd probably take longer than my server lease to be answered.

  6. #6
    And your speedtest file is 750KB/s.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,446
    I need some clarification about volume drive..... do you know anyone else who is facing same problem with volume drive. Because I heard that its a good service provider and rate is also competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    KillerCreation

    I have been with KillerCreation for about 8 months (not completely certain).
    There isn't much to say about them, because everything has gone according to plan with my server.
    Support has answered promptly and has been very helpful. I misconfigured Windows firewall and it was fixed in a couple of hours.

    Network is great, server is great.
    In the entire 8 months I have had close to zero downtime from reasons out of my control, maybe 10 minutes or less in total, and I have been notified far in advance on every occasion.
    I've experienced small periods of packet loss due to LINX, twice. They lasted 15 minutes max.

    10/10 for KillerCreation.


    LeaseWeb

    I have been with LeaseWeb for about 4 months now (as before, not 100% sure).
    The server, prices, and network is excellent.
    In total I've had 1hour 9mins of downtime due to a power outage, which is pretty good considering my server has been up for the rest of the 4 months time.
    Support has been very fast, usually resolved within an hour, although sometimes slower.
    Abuse is handled well, notices are forwarded to me.

    10/10 for LeaseWeb.



    VolumeDrive

    The only host (besides Santrex) that I would not recommend anyone to use.
    Once ordered, I was notified that the setup time is 24-48 hours.
    The server's intial setup took over 2 weeks. I lost access to the server at one point (my fault), it took three days for them to fix it.
    Support was really slow, seems like the entire thing is run by one person.
    Network was terrible. It was a struggle to get over 10Mbps.
    I found the server offline frequently. RDP also "lagged out" all the time, where it completely froze up for minutes at a time.
    It seemed when I somehow managed to get over 40Mbps, the server hard rebooted itself.
    Needless to say, the server was cancelled after the first month.

    1/10 for VolumeDrive.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    I need some clarification about volume drive..... do you know anyone else who is facing same problem with volume drive. Because I heard that its a good service provider and rate is also competitive.
    You obviously don't want to go with them for the network quality...

    They are pretty close to burstnet as far as I know, not enough to justify such a big difference in speed..

    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# wget http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 15:22:05--  http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz
    Connecting to 66.96.192.92:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129672769 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
    100%[====================================================================>] 129,672,769 8.70M/s   in 18s
    
    2011-05-15 15:22:23 (6.78 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [129672769/129672769]
    
    
    
    [[email protected] ~]# wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 15:22:33--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
     6% [===>                                                                 ] 8,468,952    753K/s  eta 2m 43s
    [[email protected] ~]#
    And the address registered on their WHOIS is... UPS? http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/pub...Exn5kP0bHvmNMj
    Last edited by misspink; 05-15-2011 at 09:29 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    My Main Dedicated on Volumedrive

    Saving to: `bigtest.tgz'

    100%[======================================>] 129,674,464 5.31M/s in 24s

    2011-05-15 10:31:04 (5.18 MB/s) - `bigtest.tgz' saved [129674464/129674464]
    My Backup Dedicated with Volumedrive

    Saving to: `bigtest.tgz'

    100%[======================================>] 129,674,464 5.54M/s in 22s

    2011-05-15 10:29:16 (5.51 MB/s) - `bigtest.tgz' saved [129674464/129674464]

  10. #10
    Because it's the same network?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    They are pretty close to burstnet as far as I know, not enough to justify such a big difference in speed..
    It doesn't matter if they're next door to each other if you're routing along different networks to get to them. You're probably using Highwinds to Burst and Cogent to VD. Also, if that download test was from your box at Leaseweb then something else could be wrong...

    [email protected] [~]# wget http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 10:32:26-- http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz
    Connecting to 66.96.192.92:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129672769 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

    100%[=============================================================================================>] 129,672,769 27.7M/s in 6.3s

    2011-05-15 10:32:32 (19.7 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [129672769/129672769]
    Which kinda makes me wonder if your comment in another thread about OVH speeds is something to do with a config error at your end?

  12. #12
    Frantech:

    Code:
    sv2:~# wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 18:46:37--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
     3% [>                                      ] 4,558,592    789K/s  eta 2m 45s
    Hivelocity:

    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 10:47:56--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
     6% [=>                                     ] 8,088,752    534K/s  eta 2m 57s
    Linode:

    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 10:48:34--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
     6% [=>                                     ] 8,818,328    816K/s  eta 2m 30s  ^C
    VooServers:

    Code:
    eu02-shvpn:~# wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 14:49:02--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'
    
     2% [                                       ] 3,054,347    378K/s  eta 5m 54s  ^C
    Killercreation:

    Code:
    C:\Users\Administrator>wget http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz -O NUL
    --2011-05-15 15:51:47--  http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    Resolving volumedrive.com... 204.124.180.10
    Connecting to volumedrive.com|204.124.180.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129674464 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `NUL'
    
     3% [>                                      ] 4,929,756    793K/s  eta 2m 53s  ^
    C
    Last edited by misspink; 05-15-2011 at 10:52 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    I'm not disputing your VD tests. I'm simply suggesting that it's unsafe to compare tests from 2 DCs, even next door to each other, when your route to them travels along 2 entirely separate trans-Atlantic cables and carriers.

  14. #14
    I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    Your ams2 is leaseweb also? Do you know why we'd be getting such different speeds?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    Your ams2 is leaseweb also? Do you know why we'd be getting such different speeds?
    Yes it's in Leaseweb. I just tested another there and got closer to your result...

    [email protected] [~]# wget http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 17:03:19-- http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz
    Connecting to 66.96.192.92:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129672769 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

    100%[===================================================================================================>] 129,672,769 5.25M/s in 22s

    2011-05-15 17:03:42 (5.58 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [129672769/129672769]
    The 2 I've used are in different parts of LW (traceroutes from both start off differently, so different buildings/routers?)

    See what I mean - You can't even compare identical boxes in different buildings of the same host! LOL

  16. #16
    I think it's something that started recently actually. I can only get 187KB/s from my server now, even with 5 threads on FlashGet! Leaseweb are denying network issues though and no one else has complained so I didn't think anything of it.

    Tracert for mine:

    Code:
    traceroute to 66.96.192.92 (66.96.192.92), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
     1  hosted.by.leaseweb.com (82.192.94.190)  0.558 ms  0.645 ms  0.667 ms
     2  85.17.31.250 (85.17.31.250)  0.157 ms  0.168 ms  0.168 ms
     3  xe4-3-2.jun.tc2.leaseweb.net (62.212.80.117)  0.628 ms  0.630 ms  0.630 ms
     4  amsix.r2.am.hwng.net (195.69.145.70)  1.278 ms  1.345 ms  1.490 ms
     5  5-1.r2.dc.hwng.net (69.16.190.38)  80.601 ms  80.691 ms  80.782 ms
     6  2-3.r1.dc.hwng.net (69.16.190.25)  80.706 ms  80.638 ms  80.679 ms
     7  209.197.18.18 (209.197.18.18)  80.927 ms  80.889 ms  80.962 ms
     8  209.197.18.22 (209.197.18.22)  88.965 ms  88.973 ms  88.997 ms
     9  xe1-01.agg04.sctn01.hostnoc.net (96.9.191.10)  91.065 ms  91.140 ms  91.224 ms
    10  669619292.hostnoc.net (66.96.192.92)  88.933 ms  90.553 ms  90.572 ms
    IP is 82.192.*

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Going off that trace we're in THREE different parts of LW. Don't forget that LW also offer different network flavours... Volume, standard, etc. It can also be affected by your neighbours on the same switch. Obviously my "ams2" is the lucky one

  18. #18
    Is your ams2 on the premium network? Do you think it's worth the money to upgrade?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    Is your ams2 on the premium network? Do you think it's worth the money to upgrade?
    Yup, ams2 is Premium. As to being worth it, that's for you to decide

    I just tried another test, this time SmartDC in Rotterdam. It still goes through Amsterdam but then another different route and carrier (Telia) to Burst - I was getting about 4MB/s from there.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    While we're looking, this is why I couldn't understand your comment about OVH in the other thread...

    [[email protected] ~]# wget http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 18:25:48-- http://66.96.192.92/bigtest.tgz
    Connecting to 66.96.192.92:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 129672769 (124M) [application/x-tar]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

    100%[=======================================================================================>] 129,672,769 11.1M/s in 13s

    2011-05-15 18:26:01 (9.29 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [129672769/129672769]

  21. #21
    It's probably just my server having bad network or something then.. I've been running download tests from it because
    a) it's 1Gbps
    b) a couple of months ago I could download faster than any other server

    I should really get off this forum, I have no idea what I'm talking about and I probably just look stupid
    Last edited by misspink; 05-15-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Maybe you've got some busy neighbours moved in on the same switch as you then? Have you tried running the same test at different times of day? If you want any tests to compare from other EU locations just drop me a PM. I've got stuff splattered all over the darn place

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    I should really get off this forum, I have no idea what I'm talking about and I probably just look stupid
    Ask LW to check then, and don't put yourself down It wouldn't suprise me if LW see this thread and ask for your IP to check anyway

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    642

  25. #25

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    I did try...
    PM a ticket number along with a current traceroute for a destination with an issue and it will be reviewed.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb View Post
    PM a ticket number along with a current traceroute for a destination with an issue and it will be reviewed.
    It's very hard to do so - it works sometimes but other times it's very slow.
    I put a test file on my server and downloaded it from some other servers. Download speed never went past 600KB/s.
    I tried just now - 72.1MB/s.


    The burstnet test file download slowed down to 550-700KB/s though.

    I try again a minute later... 3MB/s but randomly fluctuating, ended up back down at 800KB/s or so.
    Last edited by misspink; 05-15-2011 at 03:38 PM.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    24
    I'm using VolumeDrive.
    I must say that so far their service is great. Yes, the setup process is slow but that was not a problem for me. I have contacted support only for 2 minor problems. The first was some UBC fine tuning that they tune for me. The second was some packet loss that was fixed fast. So far, im happy customer and will continue to use them and will recommend them.

    Here is my test from my router at office (Bulgaria):
    [email protected]:~$ wget http://static.gotsmile.net/test.bin -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 23:26:59-- http://static.gotsmile.net/test.bin
    Resolving static.gotsmile.net... 199.115.228.173
    Connecting to static.gotsmile.net|199.115.228.173|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

    78% [===================================================================================================================================================> ] 78,943,252 9.95M/s eta 3s

    Same test from home (my ISP limits my download connection at 4M/s):
    gate:~#wget static.gotsmile.net/test.bin -O /dev/null
    --2011-05-15 23:37:07-- http://static.gotsmile.net/test.bin
    Resolving static.gotsmile.net... 199.115.228.173
    Connecting to static.gotsmile.net|199.115.228.173|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

    57% [==========================================================================================================> ] 57,196,540 3.97M/s eta 13s
    Last edited by sharo; 05-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    Yeh, VolumeDrive seems to be getting some bad reviews lately.

    But what do you expect, from a $34 server?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by sharo View Post
    Here is my test from my router at office (Bulgaria)
    Is that over Telia? Just out of interest, would you mind sharing a tracert please?

  31. #31
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Is that over Telia? Just out of interest, would you mind sharing a tracert please?
    Sure, no problem:
    [email protected]:~$ traceroute static.gotsmile.net
    traceroute to static.gotsmile.net (199.115.228.173), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
    1 192.168.2.65 (192.168.2.65) 0.615 ms 0.806 ms 0.913 ms
    2 router.varna.spnet.net (82.103.103.97) 1.778 ms 1.843 ms 1.829 ms
    3 (195.16.161.82) 39.344 ms 44.424 ms 38.830 ms
    4 xe-0-3-0-3-610.r02.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net (213.198.82.133) 51.673 ms (195.16.161.81) 38.866 ms xe-0-3-0-3-610.r02.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net (213.198.82.133) 44.975 ms
    5 ae-4.r21.frnkge03.de.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.53) 99.937 ms 139.355 ms 99.899 ms
    6 cr02.frf02.pccwbtn.net (80.81.192.50) 51.959 ms telia-level3-10g.frankfurt1.level3.net (4.68.63.122) 49.735 ms 44.217 ms
    7 ffm-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.247.186) 45.269 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.247.184) 50.918 ms ffm-bb2-link.telia.net (80.91.247.78) 39.777 ms
    8 prs-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.245.101) 55.470 ms xe1-01.gwy01.sctn01.hostnoc.net (64.191.108.38) 140.436 ms 140.529 ms
    9 core.sctn01.volumedrive.com (64.191.116.246) 145.977 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net (80.91.251.100) 138.397 ms nyk-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.251.96) 133.357 ms
    10 199.115.228.98 (199.115.228.98) 141.127 ms nyk-b5-link.telia.net (213.155.131.137) 139.978 ms nyk-b5-link.telia.net (213.155.130.245) 126.664 ms
    11 199.115.228.173 (199.115.228.173) 128.862 ms 213.248.95.190 (213.248.95.190) 140.158 ms 138.895 ms

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by sharo View Post
    Sure, no problem
    Thanks sharo

    I guess you're getting the better deal because you're picking up the Telia route Burst provide to Volumedrive (hence the "sctn01.hostnoc.net" in the trace) whereas misspink gets the short straw using Cogent through Liverpool UK to get across the Atlantic.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    misspink,

    Our main company servers are hosted on the same network as the client servers. You can run a speed test for yourself and see if you have any issues.

    http://volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    only getting 400-500 kb/sec from a danish 15 mbit line.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    469
    There is clearly a problem right now, I can get 10MB/s with no problem from VD(Or Burst, doesn't really matter), but it's just unstable and right now barely kicking 500-600KBs.

    My VD VPS downloading the test file from VD.

    100%[======================================>] 129,674,464 5.42M/s in 22s

    2011-05-16 15:08:21 (5.63 MB/s) - `bigtest.tgz' saved [129674464/129674464]

    Surely a good example of a Budget network when even inside BW can't hit the port limit.
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurikami View Post
    There is clearly a problem right now, I can get 10MB/s with no problem from VD(Or Burst, doesn't really matter), but it's just unstable and right now barely kicking 500-600KBs.

    My VD VPS downloading the test file from VD.

    100%[======================================>] 129,674,464 5.42M/s in 22s

    2011-05-16 15:08:21 (5.63 MB/s) - `bigtest.tgz' saved [129674464/129674464]

    Surely a good example of a Budget network when even inside BW can't hit the port limit.
    Our main test file is actually limited to 4 - 5 M/s due to the servers being behind a PIX firewall. However, our VPS nodes are actually uplinked to open 1Gbps ports. So if you are testing internal speed, it's not really going to be the best method.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Our main test file is actually limited to 4 - 5 M/s due to the servers being behind a PIX firewall. However, our VPS nodes are actually uplinked to open 1Gbps ports. So if you are testing internal speed, it's not really going to be the best method.
    Limiting your test file to 4MB/s is a great way to attract customers.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    109
    leaseweb is a great provider we have a server in their datacenter and until now is excelent
    http://gsoftcentral.com/ !
    █ Shared, Radio Shoutcast & Reseller Web Hosting
    █ 100% Managed VDS Bucharest Romania

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by misspink View Post
    Limiting your test file to 4MB/s is a great way to attract customers.
    Sorry that we are little more concerned with security on our corporate servers than speed test results. That being said, this in no way shape or form dictates the speed of our internal network. If 4 - 5 M/s over the Internet on a single threaded connection is not fast enough for a potential client, then we might not be the right provider for them.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Sorry that we are little more concerned with security on our corporate servers than speed test results. That being said, this in no way shape or form dictates the speed of our internal network. If 4 - 5 M/s over the Internet on a single threaded connection is not fast enough for a potential client, then we might not be the right provider for them.
    My volumedrive dedicated machine:

    [email protected] [~]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2011-05-16 14:21:34-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

    100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 9.07M/s in 10s

    2011-05-16 14:21:44 (9.58 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]
    My volumedrive VPS:

    [email protected] [~]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2011-05-16 12:20:25-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

    100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 9.27M/s in 13s

    2011-05-16 12:20:38 (7.85 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]
    That's just my downstream to those systems, but if you guys are having issues getting examples of their bandwidth, just offering what results I can. I'd post a test file but I'm not exactly looking to test my backup machines against a DDOS today
    Last edited by mxroute; 05-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    MXroute - E-mail Hosting for Your Domain.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    I need some clarification about volume drive..... do you know anyone else who is facing same problem with volume drive. Because I heard that its a good service provider and rate is also competitive.
    I'm having similar problems with Volumedrive.

    Eleven days ago I paid Volumedrive $14.95 for a VPS. It has only been online for about 2 hours out of the 11 days.

    I have since requested a refund, which up to this point, volumedrive has still not granted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 10:50 AM
  2. Reviews [ ServerFFS, Senpai-IT, delimiter, Leaseweb ]
    By Bernardoo in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
  3. [Reviews] Leaseweb, Hetzner and Rapidswitch
    By CretaForce in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 10:05 PM
  4. inSANE reseller accounts! 20 GIGS for $25/mo! FREEDOMAIN! 1mo trial!
    By D4hosting in forum Shared Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •