Can A VPS be Split Into Different C- Class Ip Addresses.......

I was thinking about interlinking my sites for SEO benefits but I dont want to move to individual hosts or pay for dedicated IP hosting.

Is there any way of setting up a VPS to perform as though it is on different C-class blocks?

Any good articles on this..?

A VPS can have multiple IPs from different class C blocks if that's what you want. Otherwise it's unclear, please explain further.
    Articles on how to do something, if it's possible, will always be found on the internet. However my guess is that you first need to understand what a VPS is and what can you do with it.
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

Quote Originally Posted by lokodomain View Post
    I was thinking about interlinking my sites for SEO benefits but I dont want to move to individual hosts or pay for dedicated IP hosting.

Is there any way of setting up a VPS to perform as though it is on different C-class blocks?

Any good articles on this..?
    There is no way to do this without paying for dedicated IP's.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi4n View Post
    A VPS can have multiple IPs from different class C blocks if that's what you want. Otherwise it's unclear, please explain further.
    Articles on how to do something, if it's possible, will always be found on the internet. However my guess is that you first need to understand what a VPS is and what can you do with it.
    Thanks Cristi4n, Yes I wanted multiple IPs from different class C blocks. A DIY version of SEOhosting.com is what I am trying to acheive.

I understand that I may seem a little unclear in what I am trying to say but thats because I am an absolute newbie to web hosting (apart from shared hosting) and I thought I start here because this seems like the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by KiloServe View Post
    Thanks for the info, it seems like there is a lot of pieces of the puzzle that need to be put together to achieve this set up. I suppose I need to do some more research and work with a hosting company that is helpful enough to assist with this kind of set up

SEO hosting is a waste and a myth.
    This has been covered over and over and over in recent months.

But yes, you can have IP from any range on a VPS.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by KiloServe View Post
    That is correct.

You can accomplish what you seek, but the VPS hosting provider must be willing to offer that type of service first off. You will typically then have to pass for the different IP per C Class.

Additionally, those who say it's a myth, a waste, and all of that other stuff typically do not have the IP ranges to do it. So it's easier for them to try and discredit the practice. However, if it did not work, black and white hat SEO people would not be seeking this service. Over the years, it would have been debunked over the past decade. It hasn't. Web hosting companies do not need to convince you it works, or doesn't. Simple common sense reinforcing this demand does.

That being said, doing SEO is about a lot more than just different IP's per C. You have to do ALL of the pieces required to accomplish the effect you seek. For example, you can't use same registrar, google analytics account, etc.. Feel free to read up on black hat boards how you accomplish it correctly.

Good luck in your search!
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    That is correct.

You can accomplish what you seek, but the VPS hosting provider must be willing to offer that type of service first off. You will typically then have to pass for the different IP per C Class.

Additionally, those who say it's a myth, a waste, and all of that other stuff typically do not have the IP ranges to do it. So it's easier for them to try and discredit the practice. However, if it did not work, black and white hat SEO people would not be seeking this service. Over the years, it would have been debunked over the past decade. It hasn't. Web hosting companies do not need to convince you it works, or doesn't. Simple common sense reinforcing this demand does.

That being said, doing SEO is about a lot more than just different IP's per C. You have to do ALL of the pieces required to accomplish the effect you seek. For example, you can't use same registrar, google analytics account, etc.. Feel free to read up on black hat boards how you accomplish it correctly.

Good luck in your search!
    Thanks alot Barefootsies for your info. Spent the past two days reading up on it and it seems as though you need a VPS, dedicated IPs and possibly private name servers as well.

Not sure about the Private Name Servers are they neccessary or are they just an extra expense?

BTW the SEO side of things in terms of On Page and Off Page is pretty tight, just trying to add another string to the bow

Quote Originally Posted by lokodomain View Post
    Thanks alot Barefootsies for your info. Spent the past two days reading up on it and it seems as though you need a VPS, dedicated IPs and possibly private name servers as well.

Not sure about the Private Name Servers are they neccessary or are they just an extra expense?

BTW the SEO side of things in terms of On Page and Off Page is pretty tight, just trying to add another string to the bow
    Correct.

1. Different Registrar Accounts
    2. Different Name Servers
    3. Different IP/C
    4. A-B-C Linking Strategy

Make sure you read through some BH/WH/SEO forums before setting it up. You will want to make sure you do it correctly from the get go. It takes time to do it, but if you do it well, it can be beneficial.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE