Don't host with powweb.

NEVER sign up with these guys. I had a client that hosted with them a couple of years ago. We wanted to switch to a different host and cancel with them. Since my client's account was at the end of it's contract, we didn't ask for a refund. Their rep however.. was extremely rude, unhelpful and reluctant to cancel without hassle us. Too bad they can't afford to train or hire a friendly customer service staff because now every time I get a new client I always make sure they stay clear away from powweb.

It seems that you just don't like with their 'unhelpful and unfriendly customer service staff', and that's the only reason why you want to stay away from them?
    And, what about you (or your client's) websites? did you have any technical issue with that also (such as: bad uptime, slow speed access, etc) ?
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

sorry to hear your bad experience. Have your backup your webfiles and database? I'll recommend you to sign up a new hosting package before your current hosting expired so that you can move your webfiles and database over. You may check with the new hosting company whether your email content can be moved? Normally, cannot but if both control panels are same, it still can be done, provided both hosting packages are active.

well so gone with the previous promotion..cheap price with cheap support

Just out of curiosity, if you had a client hosted with them 2 years ago, why are you barely posting this review now? Personally im not a big fan of Powweb, but I do think this review deserves some more details.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you had a client hosted with them 2 years ago, why are you barely posting this review now? Personally im not a big fan of Powweb, but I do think this review deserves some more details.
    I would have to agree with that...

powweb is not in my favorite list of web hosts. So, I will not use their services. However taking their services couple of years and now moving to other web host is good idea if you or your client is not satisfied with their services.

Quote Originally Posted by agustan View Post
    It seems that you just don't like with their 'unhelpful and unfriendly customer service staff', and that's the only reason why you want to stay away from them?
    And, what about you (or your client's) websites? did you have any technical issue with that also (such as: bad uptime, slow speed access, etc) ?
    I also agree with him. Why did your client want to move to a new host? What's the issue since he was using their service for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you had a client hosted with them 2 years ago, why are you barely posting this review now?
    I had exactly the same question as I read in his post that he had a client that hosted with them a couple of years ago.

This posting would have make sense as a reply to an existing thread about PowWeb, but to start a new thread just about some problems with their customer service that happened some years ago

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number

It was a reply to a 9-year-old thread that mods moved.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by sm28 View Post
    NEVER sign up with these guys. I had a client that hosted with them a couple of years ago. We wanted to switch to a different host and cancel with them. Since my client's account was at the end of it's contract, we didn't ask for a refund. Their rep however.. was extremely rude, unhelpful and reluctant to cancel without hassle us. Too bad they can't afford to train or hire a friendly customer service staff because now every time I get a new client I always make sure they stay clear away from powweb.
    I never knew there was a a web hosting service called powweb, now I know lol

Quote Originally Posted by cowlol View Post
    I never knew there was a a web hosting service called powweb, now I know lol
    They've actually been around for awhile and from what I can remember in the early days, they really weren't all that great back then either.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

How is the service they provide?
    Hydro Host Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

I just have one question, for those two years that your client was hosted with this webhost, there was never a time that he received this kind of treatment? Because if he did, I think this was a very long time to wait before doing something about it.

Okay, just to make this clear..My client DID NOT HOST with powweb for 2 years. This is purely my opinion [at the time] on the service WE HAD with them two years ago. First of all, the reason why we switched was 99% of the time her recipients did not receive her emails. Also, more than 6 occasions her website was down from server issues that powweb refused to help with. When we contacted customer service, they were rude, gave us one word answers and disconnected us in the middle of the chat sessions. I've hosted with several other companies and have never had a bad experience compared to the guys from powweb. To answer some of your questions..YES, customer service is very important especially if it's addressing to a technical problem from powweb.

Again, this is purely my experience. That's all.

Powweb aka ipowerweb aka .. about a hundred other names .. I was with them many years ago and to this day they remain the worst host I ever had. Constant downtime, often lasting days or on occasion, more than a week. On one occasion, they ran a cleanup script that accidentally wiped out all account data on several servers and their most recent backup was nearly a month old. Their terrible rep on these forums is well-deserved.