Looking to change host. Any suggestions?

Got hosting from one of the companies some time ago, and the service was good, but recently I started to experienbce problems with uptime even though my site is not any busy or overcrowded. This is a usual static site with information, used for studies and some background (non-public) activities, legal for sure. So now I need something more stable even if I would have to pay more, so as I realized cheaper causes more troubles..

Minimal amount of resources is needed - about 100-300MB of space, and not more than a GB or two of BW per month. Apache, cPanel, good support, to be able to demostrate the abilities of the internet business are required as well.

Shall prefer simple but usable and stable host with price around ten dollars per month (or less)

thanks in advance.

You should be able to find some good offers in the advertising section. There are plenty of good hosting providers that contribute on WHT.

I have accounts with several hosting providers and i get really good support from Hostgator and UK2.net.

People on WHT have different experiences with the likes of Hostgator and some would not recommend going with them but they have always been spot on with me.

You have an high budget for what you're asking, you shouldn't have problems finding something reliable. Check the offers section and use the search function to look for reviews.
    Best of luck

Do you have any location preferences?
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA

At $10.00 per month getting your hosting requirements met well be easy enough. Do your research on hosts you are looking at and stay away from the top ten type of review sites in which hosts buy the top spots on the review sites.
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated
    Server Administration - 24/7 Support - Phone & Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM - A+ BBB Rating

There are plenty of such resources in that price range but, as you pointed out, there are issues beyond price that are more important, such as uptime, fast response availability of 24/7 phone support, etc.
    Joe Harkins, owner
    http://buildinghosting.com
    building and hosting the net since January 1994

I would recommend StableHost or MDDHosting but they are both using Litespeed (as i know)

where do you prefer the server to be ?

your budget for monthly i can consider 'quite high' =)
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

(I thought Stablehost was Apache? Pretty sure my account is Apache.)

Anyway, I suggest hosts all the time.
    A few posts back MDD and Stablehost were mentioned. Those are good options.

Somebody also suggested Bluehost. No, disagree, it's an EIG "unlimited" host. Avoid.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    (I thought Stablehost was Apache? Pretty sure my account is Apache.)

Anyway, I suggest hosts all the time.
    A few posts back MDD and Stablehost were mentioned. Those are good options.

Somebody also suggested Bluehost. No, disagree, it's an EIG "unlimited" host. Avoid.
    We have both, some people don't like Litespeed so we offer both.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMuse View Post
    Got hosting from one of the companies some time ago, and the service was good, but recently I started to experienbce problems with uptime even though my site is not any busy or overcrowded. This is a usual static site with information, used for studies and some background (non-public) activities, legal for sure. So now I need something more stable even if I would have to pay more, so as I realized cheaper causes more troubles..

Minimal amount of resources is needed - about 100-300MB of space, and not more than a GB or two of BW per month. Apache, cPanel, good support, to be able to demostrate the abilities of the internet business are required as well.

Shall prefer simple but usable and stable host with price around ten dollars per month (or less)

thanks in advance.
    Your requirements are very low in this age of over-selling.

It's odd that your host cannot provide reliability with those requirements. May I ask how much downtime you were seeing?
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

You can find a lot of offers at the Advertising section. you must check it out.

thanks in advance.
    Where do you want the servers to be hosted? East Coast, West Coast etc? Are you just hosting 1 domain?
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

I second that opinion!
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Do you have any proof to back your claim that blue host is owned by EIG?

Quote Originally Posted by webhostingrvw View Post
    Do you have any proof to back your claim that blue host is owned by EIG?
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by JaJae View Post
    Is this a proof??? They are all affiliates and bloggers spreading speculations.

Can you provide something like this?

We are proud to welcome Netfirms to The Endurance International Group

ipage IP

FatCow IP

Considering your requirements, you can go for Hostgator or eukhost. I am using eukhost services from last 4 months and found to be good. My requirements were same like yours.

Also, if you have any preferences about server location then let me know so that i can suggest you something good.

Wow! So many offers to read. Considered the most of them, and it seems I have found the one I shall go with. Right now being within the transferring process, and shall post some review about it as soon as all the issues are completed.

Thanks everyone for participation.

Wow! So many offers to read. Considered the most of them, and it seems I have found the one I shall go with. Right now being within the transferring process, and shall post some review about it as soon as all the issues are completed.

Thanks everyone for participation.
    Glad to hear it, if you do not mind me asking, who did you end up signing up with?
    Last edited by FernGullyGraphics; 05-17-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here