Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: volumedrive.com

volumedrive.com

I buy vps "VPS Package 1"

I got a login and password.
    Then started problem:
    1. VePortal - Console - The file /usr/local/veportal/gui/modules/console.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.
    2. Iptables has not "ipt_state" and another modules (iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT => result iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.)
    3. Support service is not responding

Be careful when choosing a company!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your view ? did you changed your provider or in the end they helped you out ?

I will change provider
    Support service is not responding

Well, is your vps managed?

Aside from the iptables error, it is your responsibility to fix/install anything in your vps unless it is managed.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I have only vePortal and ssh.

But this modules include in kernel and i have not any rules for this.
    I do not have rights to rebuild the kernel.

I use
    modprobe ipt_state
    I see
    WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
    FATAL: Module ipt_state not found.

On my previuos vps hosting company have not this problem.

Look at this
    http://realtechtalk.com/Openvz_Enabl...s-986-articles

I make
    vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config = And i cannot save this file - permission denied

Restart the VZ service or move the container to a node that has the iptables modules enabled. - how i can restart VZ service - this provider's responsibility

Hello,

Iptables modules can be installed from the node and not from the vps. Your host can only help you on this.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

Maybe - but iptables on default exists in my OS.

I delete iptables and reinstall - the same problem IPTABLES_MODULES does not have state (cat /proc/net/ip_tables_matches).

I read google and many forums on each of this i see that add iptables_modules is privelegies of hosting company

In order to use successfully iptables or a firewall like csf, your host must load the modules acting on the main node. There is nothing you can do. If they don't reply, check if the have a money back policy and take advantage of that. Otherwise, you lose the money ( or continue to use the service as is for the period you have paid) and just cancel the service and paypal subscription ( if you have any ) before the next payment. Sometimes hosts require to cancel x days before the next payment. Try to respect that too.

10. The console error is caused by the fact that your hoster needs to install the ioncube on the main node in order to allow the console to work correctly. Most likely they are using an outdated ioncube version, and they need to update it. Live everyone else said, if you're missing modules from iptables, you'd need to have this addressed by the support staff of the company as well, so try calling them or creating a support ticket in this regards and I'm sure they'll address this for you.
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA andUK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

The prices on their site are absolutely mental for the amount of resources on offer — literally a 10th of what you'd expect to pay from even the more modest of suppliers.

'You get what you pay for' is a phrase encountered a lot of in the hosting industry. I really wouldn't feel comfortable putting anything of value in the hands of a company that's offering so much for so little, chances are there're going to be serious issues in other areas.

Increase your budget and go somewhere rock solid like Linode, especially if you're using it to experiment because you can create/destroy VPSs within seconds.

How much INODE you are getting under "VPS Package 1" plan? Inform us ...

df -i

They will respond to you. You just have to give them time to respond. I have had numerous VPS servers with volumedrive and i would get more if i needed them. Im so sick of hearing this "You get what you pay for" garbage. Just cause one company can make prices cheaper than another company, does not mean they are a crappy host. I would personally choose volumedrive over any other service as i have never had any problems with them.

The support staff is not ignoring you, They may not be in the office or by a computer right now. Your paying for a unmanaged service. For the price you are paying, You cant expect a instant response from them. Just give them alittle time to read over their emails, Once they get to you, They will have your problem fixed, guaranteed.

It's no secret around here that one of the ways VolumeDrive keeps overhead low is by not hiring a large team. They've just recently completed their system for automatically provisioning VPS setups, and it sounds like you may have hit an error in that. Give it 24 hours and then send another e-mail.

While I personally would suspend orders while perfecting a ticket system and all of that stuff, that just isn't the way these guys have chosen to operate. Be aware of it, make your plans accordingly when ordering from them, but also prepare to receive a great product. As a consumer uneducated about their situation, it should outrage you. If you have done your research and know what to expect, you'll find they're actually quite accommodating and have managed to pull off a balance between cost and quality that is quite unique. I don't want to make excuses for anyone, but I'd hate to see you not give them a chance, because you might be surprised.
    MXroute - E-mail Hosting for Your Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
    For the price you are paying, You cant expect a instant response from them. Just give them alittle time to read over their emails, Once they get to you, They will have your problem fixed, guaranteed.
    This is exactly what I meant. 'You get what you pay for' is almost always true, in that if you pay less you will find yourself wanting in certain areas. In VolumeDrive's case, that area is support — even for unmanaged services there should be reasonably prompt responses for things that're their jurisdiction rather than the customer's.

If you're comfortable with having poor support in exchange for lower prices, then great. But that doesn't make the 'get what you pay for' adage any less accurate. What's important is you know what you're getting for what you pay, and in the OP's case clearly he was expecting better support and hopefully now realises he needs to pay more for such attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sergpalm View Post
    I have only vePortal and ssh.

But this modules include in kernel and i have not any rules for this.
    I do not have rights to rebuild the kernel.

I use
    modprobe ipt_state
    I see
    WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
    FATAL: Module ipt_state not found.

On my previuos vps hosting company have not this problem.
    Please let us know if you are still having iptables issues. We simply need to enable it on the node for your VPS account.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

@volumedrive
    I have send 2 emails. Please check my VPS.
    Not ping.

Please wait for us to respond. This is not our support desk.

Thanks!
    My VPS is Online

Another offline
    Was online but couldn't ping the outside.
    I have reply the email.

AKINCI,

once again, please work with support on your existing support request.

Quote Originally Posted by komalselva View Post
    Ordered a VPS six hours ego (Order ID: 2843)
    waiting for "VPS Server Welcome Email"
    its 32 hours now but still i haven't received a single mail from VulumeDeiver's sales or support

Quote Originally Posted by komalselva View Post
    its 32 hours now but still i haven't received a single mail from VulumeDeiver's sales or support
    Please let us know if you have not received your server welcome email. Please also check your spam filter to make sure it hasn't been rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Please let us know if you have not received your server welcome email. Please also check your spam filter to make sure it hasn't been rejected.
    i emailed both info[at]volumedrive.com support[at]volumedrive.com with my order id immediately after payment

(No mail in Bulk folder as well)
    http://www.indicserver.com Web Hosting India
    Cheap Shoutcast Hosting India
    IndicServer Internet Services.

That's fine... but our provisioning system automatically deploys the new account and you should have received the welcome email. Please write info with your order ID and we'll resend it.

I resent my payment confirmation mail
    My order ID is 2843

Thanks

AKINCI,

once again, please work with support on your existing support request.
    How is this possible?
    I sent them 3 emails since yesterday. How can I work with support if they answer not even last 24 hours?
    My VPS not working. Loses the IP. Please fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKINCI View Post
    How is this possible?
    I sent them 3 emails since yesterday. How can I work with support if they answer not even last 24 hours?
    My VPS not working. Loses the IP. Please fix it.
    If this is the server account we are thinking about, we believe this to be resolved. Please let us know if you need additional help.

If this is the server account we are thinking about, we believe this to be resolved. Please let us know if you need additional help.
    Please check my Ticket.

I had 200 GB Space and 4 GB ram. (I have VPS Package 3)

I have now 1 GB space and 2 GB ram.
    After the crash you have all reduced.

Please check my emails
    Thanks

We are showing that support has responded to your question. However, you do not need to update a WHT thread every time you open a support request. Please be patient and we'll always get back to you and respond.

PLEASE REFUND MY PAYMENT ORDERED APRIL 23, 2010 TRANSACTION ID: 66321842FC457924E
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-22-2012 at 05:36 AM.

We've replied this to all of the threads you've kicked up.

We have no outstanding VPS orders that have not been processed. Please check your spam folder to make sure the server online email did not get marked as spam. Secondly, please write info and we'll gladly resend the setup info, refund, cancel, etc..

We have no outstanding VPS orders that have not been processed. Please check your spam folder to make sure the server online email did not get marked as spam. Secondly, please write info and we'll gladly resend the setup info, refund, cancel, etc..
    NO reply from you. Will you just refund my payment? Transaction ID: 66321842FC457924E

We dont need to talk. Just refund okay?

No offense, but you calmly and constantly reply in these forums yet you don't respond to customers support request in timely manners. Please spend less time on webhosting talk and more time responding to your customers so that they don't have to come here and bitch and moan!

I've personally sent 5 emails in the last 3 days and received not one response. I dont want a reply over here, I want you to reply to my requests, and on top of that, whats going on with your account login page, its been under construction for at least since I signed up for my VPS?

Giyad,

If you have a customer service inquiry, please be patient and someone will get back to you.

Our new enhanced customer panel is under development. However, it does not take away from any service quality at the moment. Support can easily assist with any issues you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ning View Post
    PLEASE REFUND MY PAYMENT ORDERED APRIL 23, 2010
    You're asking for a refund from 13 months ago???? I think Volumedrive are going to want a LOT more information than just a transaction ID to validate your claim.

* LOL

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    You're asking for a refund from 13 months ago???? I think Volumedrive are going to want a LOT more information than just a transaction ID to validate your claim.
    I think I just died inside after noticing the date that this guy wants a refund for. Unbelievable .
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

I'm no champion of people using forums to sort out issues with web hosts when support desks will suffice, but it does seem slightly concerning that in this thread alone five people have had to resort to using this as a way of getting a response because they've clearly had enough of waiting for a support desk response.

I respect the way volumedrive's representative is calmly dealing with it by directing them back to the support desk, but this does seem indicative of failing support if people are feeling compelled to post here in the first place.

Like I say, at the prices advertised you should expect such slow support. Just make sure you're prepared for it, people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast